Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,746
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
It seems that China has now claimed success after scouring the recipe publicly released by Korea for hidden know-how and processes. Chinese media has been praising LK99 daily, with reactions even more enthusiastic than in Korea. Even Chinese state-run media, which previously criticized Korea, is now mentioning Korea-China friendship and camaraderie - sparking interest within Korea in the reasons and context behind this. Previously, LK99 was leaked when a disgruntled employee publicly released a draft paper without permission after leaving the Korean research team. The issue is that the paper contained the recipe. The original plan was to validate it at the Korea University of Energy and Technology before releasing it publicly - at least 6 months later. For now, LK99 has been unintentionally made public. And the departed employee (Kwon Yong-wan) only knew part of the manufacturing process. Professor Kim Hyun-tak, one of the researchers, recently clarified in media interviews that "core know-how has not been exposed." However, an unverified LK99 video was released yesterday in China. There are concerned voices from Korean online communities.

The chinese are truly scaring me sometimes
They literally managed to achieve LK99 secret formula with only one leaked draft.... truly amazing yet scary

The Chinese, by a stroke of luck and a dis-satisfied Korean researcher, is now on the forefront of a multibillion dollar market of superconductors working at room temp. Insane tbh

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The chinese are truly scaring me sometimes
They literally managed to achieve LK99 secret formula with only one leaked draft.... truly amazing yet scary

The Chinese, by a stroke of luck and a dis-satisfied Korean researcher, is now on the forefront of a multibillion dollar market of superconductors working at room temp. Insane tbh
Many times there are just promotions.

Chinese and Japanese always do these things

Japanese promoted their new engine years before,but no resuit since 2019...

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,880
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
„A decree, signed by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan last week, aims to harness the power of open-source solutions, leading to cost savings in information technology expenditures, diminishing reliance on external software vendors and enhanced cybersecurity.“

Maybe, some of you remember that I said that we urgently need a software Giant. That was I told Erdogan on a phone meeting. It seems that he listened to my advice finally. Again.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,230
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Meaningful for cost savings and possibly transitioning towards more well maintained software from outdated in house solutions. But a decree and 9 months, could cause a disaster. Also important to evaluate which software should be chosen and have local companies etc contribute to development of said software. There should be partnerships and some support towards existing open source software foundations or new ones should be formed. I wish in that sense something common with EU could be achieved

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When Elon Musk took over Twitter, it had over 7000 employees. After the purchase, there were massive layouts . George Hotz, the renowned software engineer, was briefly involved with the company. He claimed that Twitter can be built and maintaned with only 50 engineers. He reasoned this with utilizing open-source software.

However, open-source is not just free software. It's a culture. The companies should contribute to the projects both codingwise and by donations. They should educate the public and encourage them to become more involved with this discipline.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,693
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Meaningful for cost savings and possibly transitioning towards more well maintained software from outdated in house solutions. But a decree and 9 months, could cause a disaster. Also important to evaluate which software should be chosen and have local companies etc contribute to development of said software. There should be partnerships and some support towards existing open source software foundations or new ones should be formed. I wish in that sense something common with EU could be achieved
Remember Pardus? Making sure every gov't PC run that is a hell of a start. Especially the Turkish Armed Forces needs something like that. Sick of seeing Hulusi Akar with his iPad. Those things snitch.
However, open-source is not just free software. It's a culture. The companies should contribute to the projects both codingwise and by donations. They should educate the public and encourage them to become more involved with this discipline.
Tell that to Communist China, who developed the most oppressive shit ever on the back of the open source software.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,230
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Remember Pardus? Making sure every gov't PC run that is a hell of a start. Especially the Turkish Armed Forces needs something like that. Sick of seeing Hulusi Akar with his iPad. Those things snitch.

Tell that to Communist China, who developed the most oppressive shit ever on the back of the open source software.
Yes and fate of pardus makes me skeptical. That's specifically why I stated I'd wish for a common project with EU or some other international partnership. But even migrating to an existinf Linux distro would work.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,880
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
When Elon Musk took over Twitter, it had over 7000 employees. After the purchase, there were massive layouts . George Hotz, the renowned software engineer, was briefly involved with the company. He claimed that Twitter can be built and maintaned with only 50 engineers. He reasoned this with utilizing open-source software.

A.I. can also help to develop the software.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes and fate of pardus makes me skeptical. That's specifically why I stated I'd wish for a common project with EU or some other international partnership. But even migrating to an existinf Linux distro would work.
What is wrong with Pardus?

godel44

Reactions
8 395
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is wrong with Pardus?
Pardus was great but then a gang of Islamists invaded it and its team scattered away. IiRC they eventually shifted to being a Debian based distro with just a few pieces of software. Looking back now, that was probably Feto.

Migrating all the state computers to Pardus is a must. Ending the use of Whatsapp within state also. This is some amateur stuff.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pardus was great but then a gang of Islamists invaded it and its team scattered away. IiRC they eventually shifted to being a Debian based distro with just a few pieces of software. Looking back now, that was probably Feto.

Migrating all the state computers to Pardus is a must. Ending the use of Whatsapp within state also. This is some amateur stuff.
I am a Pardus user, I only use a few graphics software on it and I have no complaints. Recommended if you guys need free OS.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,693
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Couldn't have told it better myself. It WAS most definitely FETO's doing. The news I read about it back then pretty much guarantees it.
But I think the transition to Debian was going to happen any way it went. ".deb" package format has became pretty much the gold standard of software distribution in the Linux distro realm.
Yes and yes. Don't forget to ban the usage of Tiktok within the state. Especially within the armed forces.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,298
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Couldn't have told it better myself. It WAS most definitely FETO's doing. The news I read about it back then pretty much guarantees it.
But I think the transition to Debian was going to happen any way it went. ".deb" package format has became pretty much the gold standard of software distribution in the Linux distro realm.

Yes and yes. Don't forget to ban the usage of Tiktok within the state. Especially within the armed forces.
Soldiers on TikTok makes me wish the knout was still a thing. We get it, you want to impress girls with your uniform. But nation before libido.

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
In 2021 4,000 electric cars were sold in Turkey. Assuming the same number of cars are sold again then that would mean TOGG has managed to get a 35% share of the marketplace with its 1,400. That is extremely good for a company that has only been selling for 3 months.

For wondering the number of electric and hybrid cars in Turkey is 44,291 which means that TOGG makes up 3.16% of all-electric and hybrid cars, currently less than 1% of all Turkish cars are electric or hybrid cars thus giving TOGG and the electric car market lots of room to grow in the future.

Also, can someone answer my question about whether or not room LK-99 will effect the ASML monopoly on semiconductor technology?
Super conductive materials have nothing in common with semiconductor materials.

The whole concept of electronics is based on the possibility to turn on and off conductivity. Turning conductivity off is possible in super conductivity but that would result in high power losses. Futhermore for logic level electronics, the material need to be able to conduct both positive (holes) and negative (electrons) charges to be able to function on large scale, see CMOS. So I don't really see superconductors being used as primary electronics components.

Furthermore, ASML mainly produce the lithography equipment which process the semiconductor, not the material itself.

So, even if the new material is used in large volume it won't change the fact that ASML makes the best lithography machines.

At current state, the new superconductor material is over-hyped but is has the potential to be a game changer in power distribution and sensors if it turns out to be correct, can handle large electric+magnetic fields, is reliable and is very cheap to produce. They will at least get a nobel price if the material turns out to be super conductive.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Oyak CEO: "Our group companies produced the raw material of the heat-treated high-strength steels including the R&D work and Miilux OY produced the final product. Today, with our facility in Turkiye, we can meet all of the armor steel needs of armored vehicles produced in Turkiye. In particular, protection is provided against explosion and shock waves with our Protection 280T, 440T products, and against ballistic penetration with our Protection 450T, 500T and 600T products. Our new product, Protection 360T is preferred in vehicle designs as a thicker armor material needed in heavy class armored vehicles"

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Oyak CEO: "One of our biggest sources of pride is that we started submarine steel production. Germany and France are the leading countries producing this in the world. There are USA and China that produce for their own needs. We also included Turkiye in this league with our submarine steel production. We will be able to offer solutions to national projects with our submarine construction steel produced with domestic resources"

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Oyak CEO: "Miilux OY still carries out production in its facilities in three countries. The production capacity at the three facilities reached 38,000 tons per year. The production made in the Türkiye facility alone reaches 14,000 tons per year"

Top Bottom