Israeli and Slovak Defense Ministries sign defense export agreement on radar systems

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,814
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1616678922027.png

The Israel Ministry of Defense will deliver 17 radar systems produced by IAI to the Slovak Ministry of Defense in an agreement that amounts to approximately €148 million.
In a celebratory ceremony held today (25.03.2021), at the Slovak Ministry of Defense in Bratislava, Slovak National Armaments Director, Mr. Zekucia and Head of the Directorate of International Defense Cooperation (SIBAT), in the Israel Ministry of Defense, Brig. Gen. (Res.), Yair Kulas, signed a first-of-its-kind agreement between the two countries for the procurement of 17 IAI radars.

The agreement includes the transfer of technology and knowledge from Israel to Slovakia, as well as industrial cooperation. The radar components will be manufactured in collaboration with defense industries in Slovakia, under the professional guidance of IAI and the Ministry of Defense.

The flagship MMR Radar, manufactured by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) subsidiary, ELTA systems, will provide the Slovak defense establishment with a complete aerial situational assessment. The radar detects airborne threats, classifies them, calculates their threat level and provides essential data that enables systems to neutralize multiple threats simultaneously. In addition, these radar systems will be interoperable with NATO defense mechanisms.

"Today we have reached a significant milestone in the growing cooperation between Israeli and Slovak defense industries. The new agreement first and foremost provides Slovakia with high-quality, advanced systems to maintain their national security, while also strengthening defense industries and creating many new jobs in Israel and Slovakia. I would like to thank my friend, the Slovak Minister of Defense, Jaroslav Nad’, for promoting this agreement, and for expressing confidence in the ‘blue and white’ [Israeli] industry.” said Defense Minister, Benny Gantz.

Minister of Defense of the Slovak Republic, Jaroslav Naď: “First and foremost, I would like to express my appreciation to Israeli representatives for taking a truly pragmatic approach to the negotiations on the procurement of the new 3D radar systems for our Slovak Air Force. These expert discussions have always been of very high quality, resulting in the final Agreement with satisfaction on both sides. At the same time, I highly value the positive impact of this cooperation on the bilateral ties between our countries in the field of defense and security and I do believe we now have a solid basis for our next cooperation.”

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom