B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope your source is not the hair of Sinan Engin.
BMC still aims for Q4 2025, stated by the BMC CEO himself in last December.
The" end of 2025 or early 2026" is 90% means 2026.

Last year BMC said complete the factory installation by the beginning of 2025,that meant start production at Q2 or Q3

Karaaslan said, "We aim to complete all of these activities by the beginning of 2025 and deliver the rest of the mass production tanks to the Turkish Armed Forces within the year. I hope we will complete this process without any delay." he said.

Our land platform delayed too many times.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,212
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The" end of 2025 or early 2026" is 90% means 2026.

Last year BMC said complete the factory installation by the beginning of 2025,that meant start production at Q2 or Q3

Karaaslan said, "We aim to complete all of these activities by the beginning of 2025 and deliver the rest of the mass production tanks to the Turkish Armed Forces within the year. I hope we will complete this process without any delay." he said.

Our land platform delayed too many times.
I would like Altay to be delayed longer if it will be a better tank in the end. I like it to be a hybrid drive if it will not add more than a year to the development.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,696
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would like Altay to be delayed longer if it will be a better tank in the end. I like it to be a hybrid drive if it will not add more than a year to the development.
We all know that the delays have nothing to do with Altay being a good tank or not. The design and everything else is already there for everybody to see. The problem is with establishing the manufacturing line in which serial production should start. While every year since the last decade we are talking about Altay serial production to start "next year" our soldiers are moving with M60A3s in Syria.

First it was that Otokar's offer was too expensive, then the German embargo, then it was the lack of national powerpack, then it is British powerpack, no wait... Lets try the Korean one, then there is no factory, then there is a factory, but almost ready, then there is factory, but.......

Altay is the biggest fiasco of the Turkish Defence Industry!

The upgrade programs for our older crap are the same way. There is an upgrade package, it is too expensive, lets put the best armor in the world, lets put another turret, lets put this, lets put that, active protection integration... almost, everything is almost ready, signing the contract, not exactly, almost signing it, signing it at last and then? The result is the same. A couple M60TMs for the cameras here and there and when HTS attack Azez we are showing force with two of these:

1705945838423.png

What happens after that? The result is below. The sons of three mothers burned like candles inside and a fourth that will have to live with the trauma of seeing all this. What would their mothers tell us after we told them the story of our failure in both Altay and the supposed upgrades?

How are we so relaxed while we are talking of conquering cities like Ain Al-Arab, Manbij, Hasakah, Tal Rifat? People are even talking about the liberation of Aleppo... How can we be so relaxed while a regional war is forming, the main fighting ground is in countries in which we have a double digit number of military bases and all of the actors in this scenario (for now) are responsible for bombing these exact bases directly or non-directly resulting in hundreds of martyrs and crippled?

1705945940821.png

1705945927650.png

1705945951606.png

Instead of waiting or hoping, what about getting our shit together, upgrade at least all existing M60A3s in inventory and give the f*cking super-duper alien technology tank to someone who is actually capable of producing it? For example the only company that produced and delivered multiple tanks to its customer.

Yes their (FNSS) output may not be 100 units per month, but till 2073 they may deliver the first batch of 250 Altays which is actually pretty close to the timeframe in which BMCs serial production would just be about to be ready to almost start, but then the price and the lack of laser blaster APS and shiet... Haha, not haha!

I am sick of ultra-modern prototypes with sci-fi fire extinguishing systems, KBRN ventilation, low silhouette, front engine, back engine, super-duper Bor armor, unmanned turrets, integrated drones, alien APS technology, modular (a modern term), state of the art (even more modern term), "the best of the best in their class" tanks and armored vehicles being displayed at shows, fests, exhibitions while my soldiers are burning alive in M60s due to a team of goat scratchers with a total IQ of 13, firing a missile that they probably got in return for 10 cows and a 2000$ in cash, utilizing technology from the time of my father or even worse... A rocket sold for 150$ at the stand for female cosmetics in Raqqa utilizing technology from the time of my grandfather. I am just sick of all this.

This message is not directed to you, but at the ones responsible for this shameful situation. I sincerely apologize if you felt offended, it is not the point that I want to make.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,636
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Simple numbers to drive the point home. In the year of 2024, we currently only have 200 tanks (160 M60TM, 40 Leo2T1) that can hope to survive against any ATGM from the last 40 years on a frontal attack.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,212
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We all know that the delays have nothing to do with Altay being a good tank or not. The design and everything else is already there for everybody to see. The problem is with establishing the manufacturing line in which serial production should start. While every year since the last decade we are talking about Altay serial production to start "next year" our soldiers are moving with M60A3s in Syria.

First it was that Otokar's offer was too expensive, then the German embargo, then it was the lack of national powerpack, then it is British powerpack, no wait... Lets try the Korean one, then there is no factory, then there is a factory, but almost ready, then there is factory, but.......

The upgrade programs for our older crap are the same way. There is an upgrade package, it is too expensive, lets put the best armor in the world, lets put another turret, lets put this, lets put that, active protection integration... almost, everything is almost ready, signing the contract, not exactly, almost signing it, signing it at last and then? The result is the same. A couple M60TMs for the cameras here and there and when HTS attack Azez we are showing force with two of these:

View attachment 64972

What happens after that? The result is below. The sons of three mothers burned like candles inside and a fourth that will have to live with the trauma of seeing all this. What would their mothers tell us after we told them the story of our failure in both Altay and the supposed upgrades?

How are we so relaxed while we are talking of conquering cities like Ain Al-Arab, Manbij, Hasakah, Tal Rifat? People are even talking about the liberation of Aleppo... How can we be so relaxed while a regional war is forming, the main fighting ground is in countries in which we have a double digit number of military bases and all of the actors in this scenario (for now) are responsible for bombing these exact bases directly or non-directly resulting in hundreds of martyrs and crippled?

View attachment 64974
View attachment 64973
View attachment 64975

Instead of waiting or hoping, what about getting our shit together, upgrade at least all existing M60A3s in inventory and give the f*cking super-duper alien technology tank to someone who is actually capable of producing it? For example the only company that produced and delivered multiple tanks to its customer.

Yes their (FNSS) output may not be 100 units per month, but till 2073 they may deliver the first batch of 250 Altays which is actually pretty close to the timeframe in which BMCs serial production would just be about to be ready to almost start, but then the price and the lack of laser blaster APS and shiet... Haha, not haha!

I am sick of ultra-modern prototypes with sci-fi fire extinguishing systems, KBRN ventilation, low silhouette, front engine, back engine, super-duper Bor armor, unmanned turrets, integrated drones, alien APS technology, modular (a modern term), state of the art (even more modern term), "the best of the best in their class" tanks and armored vehicles being displayed at shows, fests, exhibitions while my soldiers are burning alive in M60s due to a team of goat scratchers with a total IQ of 13, firing a missile that they probably got in return for 10 cows and a 2000$ in cash, utilizing technology from the time of my father or even worse... A rocket sold for 150$ at the stand for female cosmetics in Raqqa utilizing technology from the time of my grandfather. I am just sick of all this.

This message is not directed to you, but at the ones responsible for this shameful situation. I sincerely apologize if you felt offended, it is not the point that I want to make.
We should not use tanks unless there is an all out war.

Aqerdf

Reactions
5 219
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There're three options for M60 i think:

-One is Altay
*Interim foreign engine has found okay nice. But BMC's new factory is not ready before 2026.

Other is TIYK-M60.

* MZK turret and additional reactiive armor is good. But it needs minimum 1000 hp engine now. Original M60 mobility was shit and TSK would want to change that i reckon. I remember the need for new engines for this upgrade. Which we couldn't find foreign alternative to this one too like 1500 hp situation.

There were talk about using old tech 1200hp AVDS engines both for TIYK-M60 and Fırtına-IIs. But it get cancelled or refused by us i think. Because of being old tech engine or simply AVDS get buyed by German firms.

Using UTKU or shrinked BATU is also mentioned but according to last BMC CEO, UTKU would be ready in 2026 and BATU would be in 2027. With this timeline, mentioned BMC solutions for TIYK-M60 upgrade is not possible in short-term.

-Another is Kaplan Medium Tank.

*With MZK or likes of MZK style new turret, it could be nice solution. But TSK don't want lighlty armored tanks, and they're right i think. Kaplan's turret is foreign, but we can come up with national solutions so that's not much of a problem anymore i think.

So there's two issues for us.One is turret and other is engine. Turret can be handled. Engine is tricky.

If we not add armor, finding 700+hp foreign engines (Scania etc.) or using national solutions (Ecotorq or updated Azra) is easier. But it will be somewhat same to M60 protection, (but with no cookoffs, better sit. awareness and APS)

But if we add armor, than we're in 1000 to 1300hp ballpark again, like TIYK-M60.

But it needs more armor. If we not add, passive protections would not be different from vanilla M60A3.

So yes, very much #@&+*/?! are comes from my end too, indeed...

Last edited:

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 1,017
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 64972

View attachment 64974
View attachment 64973
View attachment 64975

Heads should have been rolling a long time ago.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 64972

View attachment 64974
View attachment 64973
View attachment 64975

I think the the large budget didnt went to our Armor force.

In addition to the air force, navy missile,and drones, the army's budget mainly focuses on infantry equipment and artillery.

PARS or Arma is ready but didnt replace the old ACV15.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,696
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the the large budget didnt went to our Armor force.

In addition to the air force, navy and drones, the army's budget mainly focuses on infantry equipment and artillery.

PARS or Arma is ready but didnt replace the old ACV15.
I don't know what they are focusing on, but 2024 better be the acquisition year as some pointed out. Our armor fleet needs refreshing. Tanks are one side of the things, but to be more relevant to the thread I have to point out that we have also a big problem regarding IFV acquisition. Both the asymmetric and conventional threats to our country require urgent refreshing of our IFV fleet. For example @Zafer is on the opinion of not using tanks other than in full scale war. While I usually won't agree, lets pretend I agree with him. We can't have the luxury of eliminating the IFVs also. Our infantry needs direct fire support.

As I showed an example of an M60A3 being hit I will show a picture of a ACV-15. The result is shocking. I will not list everything we need in the terms of subsystems and increased survivability as we went trough these discussions many times before. The problem is that we need them now. Not in 2030 or whatever.

1705957915010.png

1705957843843.png

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know what they are focusing on, but 2024 better be the acquisition year as some pointed out. Our armor fleet needs refreshing. Tanks are one side of the things, but to be more relevant to the thread I have to point out that we have also a big problem regarding IFV acquisition. Both the asymmetric and conventional threats to our country require urgent refreshing of our IFV fleet. For example @Zafer is on the opinion of not using tanks other than in warfare. While I usually won't agree, lets pretend I agree with him. We can't have the luxury of eliminating the IFVs also. Our infantry needs direct fire support.

As I showed an example of an M60A3 being hit I will show a picture of a ACV-15. The result is shocking. I will not list everything we need in the terms of subsystems and increased survivability as we went trough these discussions many times before. The problem is that we need them now. Not in 2030 or whatever.

View attachment 64979
View attachment 64978
Armor force maybe not so important for the victory of war right now but it cost many soldiers’ life in war. Russian maybe cost thousands of live because of their old vehicle.

We, at least hundreds in these ten years.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,212
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe unmanned tanks should be factored in. You can make them from available component options in all sizes. Another option is to try and make tanker humanoid robots to take out the human casualty issue. Other nations must be thinking hard about this.

UkroTurk

Experienced member
Land Warfare Specialist
Professional
Reactions
28 4,156
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys why we all have forgotten about 30 ton heavyweight IFV while everyone is focusing on ALTAY MBT?

Still we can't see mass production of 30 ton IFV?

Since producing 30 ton vehicle easier than 60tons MBT, why there is no next gen heavy IFV? Again Powerpack problems?

kaplan30.jpg

otokar-tulpar-with-aselsan-korhan-weapon-tower-4096x2731-v0-ig8ajlod95cb1.jpg

Last edited:

BaburKhan

Reactions
5 688
Website
www.instagram.com
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany
Guys why we all have forgotten about 30 ton heavyweight IFV while everyone is focusing on ALTAY MBT?

Since producing 30 ton vehicle easier than 60tons MBT, why there is no next gen heavy IFV? Again Powerpack problems?

View attachment 64980
View attachment 64981

Regarding M-60, the new Turret from Roketsan weight only 13 Tons, the older Turret 14,5 Tons.

Why Stronger Engine is needed?

These IFV are important, here in this Video everyone can see the Effects they have even on the most modern Russian T-90 M. With the right Turret they can even used as light Tanks, it's urgent to modernize the Tank and IFV Fleet !

Last edited:

Aqerdf

Reactions
5 219
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Original M60A3 does have 750hp engine if i remember correctly. Even without the TIYK-M60 mod it needs better engine. Roketsan's brochure is either mentions just the turret part or complete mod. Probably just turret. With hull additions, weight should be same with vanilla A3 or one or two tonnes more.

Likes of Otokar Arma-II, Pars Alpha, Pars IV, Pars Scout 8x8 and BMC Altuğ is using 600 hp to 800+hp engines. And we fielded a 700hp Ecotorq engine only in 2023, with foreign transmission. 600+hp Azra would be ready in 2025 if i remember correctly from last BMC CEO.

Likes of Tulpar and Kaplan NG or whatever new vehicle comes from these three companies again is using 700+ to 1000+hp engines, which we don't have and can't procure from foreign companies.

Both of these two deals are waiting new designs or some changes and more domestic components/subcomponents. Powerpack is included too i think.

Regarding ACVs, our best course of action is applying both ZMA-15 & ACV-15 modernization to all vehicles.

This vehicle in the picture is either destroyed by AT mine or Artillery afaik. Mentioned modernisation is handle personnel's mine survivability and gives some sort of artillery & mortar crew survivability.

Together with purchasing Kaplan-10 in carrier variation, fastest is applying these two mods.

Afaik these mods are only applied to old tower user ZMA's and some closed turret user ACVs. ACVs going to stay more years i think, we have thousands of M113s. They should be out from manned duties.

And we need more Kirpi-IIs me thinks, in addition to these...

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,696
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 64980
View attachment 64981
I love it! That's what we are talking about. We have thousands of outdated M113/ACV-15s in inventory. Instead of slowly but steadily phasing them out of inventory, replacing them with 30t (we even have 40t wheeled Boxer competitor in the face of Pars Alpha 8x8) IFVs or/and lighter more modern platforms for different roles we are getting this... 134 units of this. An "urgent need" they say.

1705962946345.png

Likes of Otokar Arma-II, Pars Alpha, Pars IV, Pars Scout 8x8 and BMC Altuğ is using 600 hp to 800+hp engines. And we fielded a 700hp Ecotorq engine only in 2023, with foreign transmission. 600+hp Azra would be ready in 2025 if i remember correctly from last BMC CEO.

Likes of Tulpar and Kaplan NG or whatever new vehicle comes from these three companies again is using 700+ to 1000+hp engines, which we don't have and can't procure from foreign companies.

Both of these two deals are waiting new designs or some changes and more domestic components/subcomponents. Powerpack is included too i think.

Regarding ACVs, our best course of action is applying both ZMA-15 & ACV-15 modernization to all vehicles.

This vehicle in the picture is either destroyed by AT mine or Artillery afaik. Mentioned modernisation is handle personnel's mine survivability and gives some sort of artillery & mortar crew survivability.

Together with purchasing Kaplan-10 in carrier variation, fastest is applying these two mods.

Afaik these mods are only applied to old tower user ZMA's and some closed turret user ACVs. ACVs going to stay more years i think, we have thousands of M113s. They should be out from manned duties.

And we need more Kirpi-IIs me thinks, in addition to these...
They must find a powerpack alternative urgently! Talk to whoever they need, pay whatever they need to pay, but this can't continue like this. We can clearly say that our current armor fleet is outdated. By the looks of it the backbone of our armor will look almost the same in 2030.

We are the second biggest army in NATO, a country with military bases on several continents, a burning backyard, cocky neighbors and a couple of friendly countries that we should be able to support. TSK and especially the Turkish Land Forces is not a thing you want to gamble with. Close to 55.000 is the number of soldiers deployed abroad in protection of Turkish interests and this number will only rise and not lower. How are we going to support these souls? The situation is just unbelievable.

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 1,017
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I love it! That's what we are talking about. We have thousands of outdated M113/ACV-15s in inventory. Instead of slowly but steadily phasing them out of inventory, replacing them with 30t (we even have 40t wheeled Boxer competitor in the face of Pars Alpha 8x8) IFVs or/and lighter more modern platforms for different roles we are getting this... 134 units of this. An "urgent need" they say.

View attachment 64983

They must find a powerpack alternative urgently! Talk to whoever they need, pay whatever they need to pay, but this can't continue like this. We can clearly say that our current armor fleet is outdated. By the looks of it the backbone of our armor will look almost the same in 2030.

We are the second biggest army in NATO, a country with military bases on several continents, a burning backyard, cocky neighbors and a couple of friendly countries that we should be able to support. TSK and especially the Turkish Land Forces is not a thing you want to gamble with. Close to 55.000 is the number of soldiers deployed abroad in protection of Turkish interests and this number will only rise and not lower. How are we going to support these souls? The situation is just unbelievable.
This leadership rather wastes god knows how many billions a year to illegal aliens instead of the Army, go figure...

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
21 2,283
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The PARS IV 8x8 New Generation Wheeled Armoured Vehicle (NGWAV) was designed and produced with FNSS’ equity, considering the technical features that have evolved according to future requirements and the demands from armies worldwide. The vehicle combines user ergonomics with protection and high mobility.

The PARS IV 8x8 NG-WAV offers a combination of the highest mobility and protection of the PARS family and the ability to engage the evolving threats of the modern battlefield.

420647006_366569985980746_1388822914940646883_n.jpg

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
IT won't be a better tank in the end. It doesn't matter if we upgrade the electronics again. The doctrine and the tank design itself is outdated.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom