what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,104
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
As you can see, two dozen times is not enough. We're not in 2008 anymore. Politics dominates everything.
By discussing this in here we're not making the corruption go away. Neither will you change the minds of those that are AKP supporters. You're only making the thread worse imo.

L

LegionnairE

By discussing this in here we're not making the corruption go away. Neither will you change the minds of those that are AKP supporters. You're only making the thread worse imo.
I don't think burying our heads in the sand and talking about how red seat belts look nice in the new BMC 8x8 is a solution either.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,877
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its seems YOU are more obsessed about Otokar then any members is in this forum. I am going to be pretty blunt, you are not Malaysian but a blatant BMC Islamist apologist that has no issues with corruption and favoritism as long as it serve their own party. Talk about zealousness lmao. Noldu lan, adam gibi konus odlek.
Bros, you are going to far.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
How many of our soldiers paid the price of this corruption with their lives?
Please explain to the dead soldiers families why this tank didn't go into production in 2016-2017 and their sons died in Leopard 2A4s that we CHOSE not to modernize.

We are literally using MRAPs as IFVs. Tenders are delayed despite there is ready solutions. Sending soldiers to an warzone filled with ATGMs with unmodernized Cold war era armor, armor doctrine still from 90s. At least modular armor modernization should have done right after Euphrates Shield operation, wasn't done for some reasons. Maybe because someone was trying to give contract to his buddies. Disgusting. Costed lives.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Impressive Anti-IED Ordnance
663C5550-9CD5-437C-8AE6-CB28399085E1.jpeg

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I Made a Chart of all 3 8x8 IFVs presented at IDEF21 for better Comparison

> for the new Generation vehicles programme, that should take place in mid/late 2022
> Data from Websites and Reports from IDEF (edrmagazine)
> They are all pretty similar.

1629503039345.png

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,135
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Same reason why I don't complain about Hyundai ROTEM involvement in ALTAY buddy. BAE Systems and General Electric bring in know-how. FNSS and TEI benefit from their foreign partners.

Whereas selling functioning tank factories to arabs where they are guaranteed to profit is just corruption masquerading as business.

It was bright as day when they sold BMC to Ethem Sancak and to the Qataris that ALTAY production would be awarded to the BMC. They are making secret deals behind closed doors and Turkish owned companies such as Otokar are being hurt from this. Not only that but it's been 5 years and there's still no tank.

Please explain to the dead soldiers families why this tank didn't go into production in 2016-2017 and their sons died in Leopard 2A4s that we CHOSE not to modernize.

Politicians at their best. They dont know shit about the armed forces but they decide whats best. Its a joke.

Honestly if its one thing I learnt in the past that Politicians can be responsible for the destruction of their own country by cost cutting the military.

This is how France fell to the Germans in WW2 due to constant modernisation program delays and cost cutting.

We dont learn we are doomed to repeat it again and a again.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I Made a Chart of all 3 8x8 IFVs presented at IDEF21 for better Comparison

> for the new Generation vehicles programme, that should take place in mid/late 2022
> Data from Websites and Reports from IDEF (edrmagazine)
> They are all pretty similar.

View attachment 29255

Here SSB president is saying that they have placed a condition with regards to new generation armoured vehicles to use Indigenous engines, even if it brings delays and cost increase to the projects.

FNSS and BMC have their own engine solutions, what is Otokar going to do?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Here SSB president is saying that they have placed a condition with regards to new generation armoured vehicles to use Indigenous engines, even if it brings delays and cost increase to the projects.

It is probably unsuitable for a third company to use the same engines with their competition. Otokar can perhaps chose to use a smaller engine in hybrid form with electric motors which can make a modern propulsion.

L

LegionnairE

Scale up Ecotorq probably. Replace the crankshaft, add a few cylinders and a biggger turbo and done.

That is, if they even care at this point. It seems like the Turkish government hate them and they won't be given any tenders one way or another.

It's a safer to focus on the export market.

Kazakhstan is buying Tulpar while Turkish army is screwing around with this:

1629535288638.png

It's remarkable how far we've come and yet we're still tinkering with 1960s M113 junk.

it's clearly at the end of its lifecycle, it's not even amphibious anymore.

For comparison:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What kind of bs are you talking about? They just tested the tulpar, and thats it...no order or anything and they tested a lot of vehicles....and also why should they purchase these vehicles when all their İFV vehicles are based on russian tech, why bring the burden of total new tech and spare parts which they have no experience, while they rebuild their BMP's themselves?
P.S. those modernized vehicles aren't M113, or do you just post false info on purpose?

L

LegionnairE

What kind of bs are you talking about? They just tested the tulpar, and thats it...no order or anything and they tested a lot of vehicles....and also why should they purchase these vehicles when all their İFV vehicles are based on russian tech, why bring the burden of total new tech and spare parts which they have no experience, while they rebuild their BMP's themselves?
P.S. those modernized vehicles aren't M113, or do you just post false info on purpose?
Look, I don't have time to educate you on the politics of Kazakhstan just know that step by step they are moving away from Russian sphere of influence. As for ACV-15 it's a modified M113. You need to be blind to not understand that just by looking.

OPTIMUS

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Same reason why I don't complain about Hyundai ROTEM involvement in ALTAY buddy. BAE Systems and General Electric bring in know-how. FNSS and TEI benefit from their foreign partners.

Whereas selling functioning tank factories to arabs where they are guaranteed to profit is just corruption masquerading as business.

It was bright as day when they sold BMC to Ethem Sancak and to the Qataris that ALTAY production would be awarded to the BMC. They are making secret deals behind closed doors and Turkish owned companies such as Otokar are being hurt from this. Not only that but it's been 5 years and there's still no tank.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You don't have to educate me in nothing thx a lot, Kazakhstan has urgent needs other than ordering an IFV which no one has ordered, the same company's Arma has been tested successful and how many have been ordered? While they have their own Barys 8x8 , which they also didn't order..
I know that it's based on the M113, everybody knows that, so what? The Tuplar is just an assembly of parts from outside our country and here are those fanboys who admire it like that in any moment it will become a freakin gundam and kick all the koç hater in the balls

OPTIMUS

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I only had one question that OTOKAR did not answer. And the reason for this question was also removed from the media, which Serdar GÖRGÜC had revealed during an interview with F Max 500.

Question:

Why OTOKAR designed the ALTAY in Detroit -FORD- design headquarters, even though OTOKAR had very sophisticated design centers in Turkey.
Perhaps because of this, so that the American should know which screw is where in the ALTAY tank? May be??

I have no faith whatsoever in this company for military orders from TAF.

By using computers in FORD-Detroit, the Americans have mastered every detail at ALTAY like the back of their hand. ???

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I only had one question that OTOKAR did not answer. And the reason for this question was also removed from the media, which Serdar GÖRGÜC had revealed during an interview with F Max 500.

Question:

Why OTOKAR designed the ALTAY in Detroit -FORD- design headquarters, even though OTOKAR had very sophisticated design centers in Turkey.
Perhaps because of this, so that the American should know which screw is where in the ALTAY tank? May be??

I have no faith whatsoever in this company for military orders from TAF.

By using computers in FORD-Detroit, the Americans have mastered every detail at ALTAY like the back of their hand. ???
Proof what you said or gave a source. Otherwise just bullshits.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom