4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
re
really?
How can you tell which RCWS is?
The kirpis without Rcws are delivered to Ukraine .
This video is Kirpi with RCWS and camouflage like Turkish army .
Great mistake if Turkiye send its Kirpis to Other army . 😡😡
Why we even sent them to Libya. Several captured. But I might be mistaken it with Vuran

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
re
really?
How can you tell which RCWS is?
The kirpis without Rcws are delivered to Ukraine .
This video is Kirpi with RCWS and camouflage like Turkish army .
Great mistake if Turkiye send its Kirpis to Other army . 😡😡
There is no mistake, it is a gesture and a support for an important ally, it would even open an opportunity for more exports. Besides these are more than 10 year old, earliest versions of Kirpis, and no big secret to be hindered. I am really glad to see Turkey is not acting shy to support Ukraine even it angers Ruskies, in long term a friendly Ukraine is more important than what ruskies think

Shtr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is probably part of a deal such as engine collaboration. It is quite clear that what we need they have already them. I think it is a fair trade.

B3H4VE

Reactions
4 23
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Vibrations in a land vehicle are far more compared to an air vehicle and I personally don't think it would work.

The best solution is software aided automatic target acquisition system with separated barrel and E/O movement and an integrated laser range finder for easy and fast hold correction. Gunner will be assisted with the target acquisition also including the option of manual operation, hold correction and will not lose sight of the target in long range shots due to the barrel and E/O moving independently. I get the idea of the touchscreen and it is nice but we must also ensure the capability of button operation because screens can be damaged and this is not good if the vehicle is hit, someone's helmet hit the display but RCWS is still operational. We must ensure maximum operation capability in the harshest environment possible.

Major flaw of our 40mm RCWS systems integrated to BMC Vuran (Land Forces) is that the barrel is moving together with the E/O. Due to the slow speed of the 40mm rounds when making a vertical hold (adjustment) gunner loses sight of the target and fires a burst. In order to confirm that target was hit he is forced to brake his hold, get sight of the target and make adjustment again if the target needs more. This is a major flaw of our RCWS systems that I first managed to see during the NATO VJTF joint exercise Steadfast Defender 2021 in Romania. I am sure TSK is already aware of it and I hope that new solutions will be introduced so this problem is solved.

Automatic target acquisition is computationally heavy and very hard to rely upon. Would be great but I am not sure if it is there yet to directly help with inaccurate joystick input. Although an AI engine can be used as a visual aid.

I agree independent E/O and a rangefinder (could be stereo-optic) is a must but joysticks are not the best option for fine aim. Touch can be unreliable but instead of 2 joysticks, a nicely integrated cursor & joystick combo could be the best. There are a lot of ways to reliably control a cursor under heavy vibration. Joystick can independently move E/O and a cursor can manage fine selection of targets.

With range and inertial data, multiple static targets can be tracked within 3D space. With contrast based continuous tracking a moving target can be tracked. As E/O system is tracking the target, a cursor can be used to select parts of it as new target markers. Operator can put multiple target markers on the video feed and switch the barrel or the E/O to any one of them quickly. Which is quite flexible and computationally cheap. This would be a great tap-to-kill capability.

As a plus, for manual control a cursor trackball is still as sensitive as a joystick if not more.

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 625
I dont understand one thing. Okey maybe Altay program stopped due engine issiues. But why we not doesnt replace our outdated zma/ifvs ? There is no problem about engines in this class.

eurosatory-2022-otokar-showcases-its-tulpar-vehicle-in-2-variants-925-001.jpg

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
News: Finnish steel producer Miilux will supply Turkish military vehicles maker with protective material until 2025.

Okay but haven't we already bought miilux? We've even changed it's name to Miilux OY (OYAK). I've heard that we are going to import 10.000 or 100.000 tonnes of military grade steel from Finland. On the other hand there were news about a brand new factory in Manisa by OYAK thanks to Miilux OY's tech. They even mentioned that we will be able to produce our own HY100 and HY80 submarine steel at there.

To sum up it's really confusing for me.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I dont understand one thing. Okey maybe Altay program stopped due engine issiues. But why we not doesnt replace our outdated zma/ifvs ? There is no problem about engines in this class.

eurosatory-2022-otokar-showcases-its-tulpar-vehicle-in-2-variants-925-001.jpg
In latest aselsan konya interview, they said they import the steel to make 30mm cannon but make everything else. Its 2023 and they still cannot make the material? Anybody has an idea?

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
News: Finnish steel producer Miilux will supply Turkish military vehicles maker with protective material until 2025.

Okay but haven't we already bought miilux? We've even changed it's name to Miilux OY (OYAK). I've heard that we are going to import 10.000 or 100.000 tonnes of military grade steel from Finland. On the other hand there were news about a brand new factory in Manisa by OYAK thanks to Miilux OY's tech. They even mentioned that we will be able to produce our own HY100 and HY80 submarine steel at there.

To sum up it's really confusing for me.
Miilux OY is original name. The word OY says "Osakeyhtiö" which translates as "Limited Company".

OYAK bought %70 of it, just like Qatar has a share in BMC or Rolls-Royce (this can be wrong, not sure about it), but that doesn't mean they can sell products to whatever country they wanted. Just like Lockheed-Martin can not sell F-35 to Turkey although they want it.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Finland, which has been implementing an arms embargo on Turkey since 2019, gave the green light to a defense export for the first time in nearly 4 years.

HBL, another Finnish publication, said Finnish steel company Miilux asked the government for permission to sell 12,000 tonnes of armour for vehicles produced by Turkey’s BMC until December 2025. According to the local media reports, Miilux had an export permit before the 2019 freeze and wasn't able to renew it when it expired in November 2021.

Miilux OY and Armor Steel

According to the information obtained by SavunmaSanayiST.com; In line with Turkey's goal of producing domestic armor steel, OYAK acquired the majority shares of Finland-based Miilux OY in 2019. With the purchase, OYAK, in addition to the factories in Finland and Poland; Established Turkey's first and only flat steel heat treatment factory in Manisa.

Continuing its efforts to meet all of Turkey's armor steel needs, Miilux OY continues its activities with the aim of zeroing the import of armor steel to our country, with an annual production of 38 thousand tons using the qualified flat steel produced by Erdemir and İsdemir.

The Turkish defense industry, which has an important position in the armored land vehicle sector, exports tens of armored vehicles abroad every year. Armor steel stands out as the most important raw material of these vehicles.

News from 08/2021

'We aim to double the annual production capacity of our Manisa factory

Yeldan underlined that today, together with Finland and Poland factories, they have the opportunity to meet Turkey's need for armor steel products with domestic plates, and made the following assessments:

“With the domestic armor steel production facility established by OYAK in Manisa, we are in a position to take a share from the European market as well.
With the production of armor steel, which was not produced in Turkey before, we not only strengthened the sectoral development, but also took an important step that will protect our defense industry from foreign dependency and strengthen the Turkish economy.

At the EuroSatory Defense Industry Fair in Paris, we had the opportunity to exhibit our products produced in Manisa for the first time in the global market.

From 08/2020

I guess either they cant meet demand or BMC doesn't want it.
12.000 Tons is a serious amount and until December 2025. WOW!

> Could be used to build up to 1000 MRAPs. Just to put things in perspective.

> But who is going to need that many MRAPs anymore ? TAF has enough at this point. Perhaps another BMC Vehicle ?

1674681440719.png
1674681536404.png

1674681556621.png

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 921
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

Finland, which has been implementing an arms embargo on Turkey since 2019, gave the green light to a defense export for the first time in nearly 4 years.

HBL, another Finnish publication, said Finnish steel company Miilux asked the government for permission to sell 12,000 tonnes of armour for vehicles produced by Turkey’s BMC until December 2025. According to the local media reports, Miilux had an export permit before the 2019 freeze and wasn't able to renew it when it expired in November 2021.

Miilux OY and Armor Steel

According to the information obtained by SavunmaSanayiST.com; In line with Turkey's goal of producing domestic armor steel, OYAK acquired the majority shares of Finland-based Miilux OY in 2019. With the purchase, OYAK, in addition to the factories in Finland and Poland; Established Turkey's first and only flat steel heat treatment factory in Manisa.

Continuing its efforts to meet all of Turkey's armor steel needs, Miilux OY continues its activities with the aim of zeroing the import of armor steel to our country, with an annual production of 38 thousand tons using the qualified flat steel produced by Erdemir and İsdemir.

The Turkish defense industry, which has an important position in the armored land vehicle sector, exports tens of armored vehicles abroad every year. Armor steel stands out as the most important raw material of these vehicles.

News from 08/2021

'We aim to double the annual production capacity of our Manisa factory

Yeldan underlined that today, together with Finland and Poland factories, they have the opportunity to meet Turkey's need for armor steel products with domestic plates, and made the following assessments:

“With the domestic armor steel production facility established by OYAK in Manisa, we are in a position to take a share from the European market as well.
With the production of armor steel, which was not produced in Turkey before, we not only strengthened the sectoral development, but also took an important step that will protect our defense industry from foreign dependency and strengthen the Turkish economy.

At the EuroSatory Defense Industry Fair in Paris, we had the opportunity to exhibit our products produced in Manisa for the first time in the global market.

From 08/2020

I guess either they cant meet demand or BMC doesn't want it.
12.000 Tons is a serious amount and until December 2025. WOW!

> Could be used to build up to 1000 MRAPs. Just to put things in perspective.

> But who is going to need that many MRAPs anymore ? TAF has enough at this point. Perhaps another BMC Vehicle ?

View attachment 53041 View attachment 53042
View attachment 53043
Thats why the YN-ZMA project with around 3000 armored vihacles is going slow since tender in 2017 .
Only for that faxking armor steel 🤦‍♂️

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

As another user already said, OYAK bought 70% of the company, but its not fully owned and of course still had to obey Finnish law. Over time the technology should be transferred, ideally with 100% ownership, thus no longer needing to import from Finland.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Turkiye factory of Miilux doesn't have enough capacity to cover all of the Turkish needs and we need an export license to buy from the Miilux factory in Finland. Turkiye is a huge armored vehicle producer.

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
The Turkiye factory of Miilux doesn't have enough capacity to cover all of the Turkish needs and we need an export license to buy from the Miilux factory in Finland. Turkiye is a huge armored vehicle producer.
Are there not any other Turkish companies producing armour steel. Turkey has an advanced metallurgic industry it shouldn't be that hard for other steel producers to acquire or develop armour steel.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 921
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
First time i see this kind of turret , it seems roketsan builds it from scratch with smaller weight . Does this mean M60A3 tanks will have new turret ?! And modernization of old turret will be stopped ,

Last edited:

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Sorry to interrupt.
Do you guys know any information about this turret?

Could it be integrated with Kaplan MT ?
Actually, some time ago, head of FNSS said that based on their demand, Aselsan started to work on 105 mm turret for Harimau but it might take some time and thats why they wanted to start with the ready product. Turkey now also has the local engine to put on Harimau with a year.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,083
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
That turret looks very promising.
The reason Kaplan MT lost to VT 5 in BD army tender is lack of armor and lack of sufficient mobility.
But this turret and BMCs V8 engine seems to change both.
If these two can be integrated with Kaplan MT it should have good chance for the next tender.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom