Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
67 8,980
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
But why are our officials then still working with Cockerill ? it doesn't make sense that you would promote someone elses products this much ?
FNSS and Otokar are private entities, not our officials. They exist to make money.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
30 19,334
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I forgot about that, I guess it's due to us being embargoed for so long, that it's become difficult to differentiate when it's Türkiye and not.

I would expect that domestic version 105mm be developed and tested and hopefully battleproven, then use it to replace the cockerill. Then similar with others... 120mm barrels/turrets

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
46 2,925
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
But why aren't we making something of Cockerills level and trying to reach the same quality. As long as the quality is the same we can work on better products by adhering to higher quality standards.

I know it's not easy, but I hope at least there are dedicated R&D for that. Kaplan MT is imo bloody awesome.
-Bro in fact as we know KAPLAN is tailor made for the customer while a specific enivornment in mind (30 ton) ... we may never need KAPLAN class tanks.

-Yet there is a sizable market for wheeled and tracked light tanks I totally agree that at least we have to have several options and with indigenous turret(s)

-M60A3 can easly be considered a medium tank (eventhough it is kind of an old terminology) around (50 ton) I dont know why I am writing this

- However in abroad for ROKETSAN MZK 15.000 M60 and 25.000 T 72 may provide better opportunities... in addition to known domestic need most probably that is why the focus was on MZK first

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom