Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Islamic history can be summed up like this.

Arabs and Persians are the religious scholars and scientists while the Turks are the soldiers and warriors.

I think pissing Turks off is like kicking a hornets nest.

How many times we see Greeks, Armenians and Kurds used by the Russians, Iranians, Israelis, Americans and Europeans against us only to get stung so many times.

Turkiye is a regional power and has centuries of imperial history and centuries of warfare.
Turks are more then that. In the majority of cases where Turks ruled thing functioned well . For that intelligence is important, it is one thing to " philosphise" the other is to make things work.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,834
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Perhaps moving the talk about missiles to relevant thread would get more ppl to join in the conversation.

I seriously hope TSK starts an operation and clean out the ypg. Kamisli is ver important imo because of fertile soil and oil as well as being neighbor to Iraq

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A news article from a hazy future: “Years have passed since Turkey announced a large scale military operation north of Syria. Administration still discussing pros and cons of this operation, outlined just before the World War…”

”President is still thinkin’, thinkin, thinkin’…”

Attachments

• 0E88926E-B724-4BDC-9482-3B6323107007.jpeg
    0E88926E-B724-4BDC-9482-3B6323107007.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 66

B.t.N

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A news article from a hazy future: “Years have passed since Turkey announced a large scale military operation north of Syria. Administration still discussing pros and cons of this operation, outlined just before the World War…”

”President is still thinkin’, thinkin, thinkin’…”
“In the meantime the extensive swamp along Turkey’s southern borders has seen an explosion of a new, migrant mosquito population that is known to destroy the DNA of the host nation!”

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
But as far as remember, production and nuclear waste management will be under Russia's management and supervision. So we can't do anything without letting them know or suspect.
That's why we must take over all stages of this power plants as soon as possible.

I agree but there are 0 Turkish firms wich want to invest in the Akkuyu plant. Rossatom and our government held tenders so much times to sell the majority of the shares and despite we have so much Turkish firms, excactly 0 of them reacted.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,692
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree but there are 0 Turkish firms wich want to invest in the Akkuyu plant. Rossatom and our government held tenders so much times to sell the majority of the shares and despite we have so much Turkish firms, excactly 0 of them reacted.
Shame on them.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And if the AKP lose the elections in 2023, you can forget about nuclear power because the whole opposition (CHP, IYI, HDP, RP) had opposed against the Akkuyu power plant.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
117 14,914
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Akkuyu is being built by Russians, Financed by Russians, Owned by Russians. Uranium fuel to be supplied by Russians. All depleted Uranium is to be taken back by Russians.
TETAS of Turkey guarantees to purchase at least 70% of energy produced at 12.35 cents per KWhr.
How is that going to help build a nuclear bomb?
The only Turkish involvement is using the energy it will produce.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Akkuyu is being built by Russians, Financed by Russians, Owned by Russians. Uranium fuel to be supplied by Russians. All depleted Uranium is to be taken back by Russians.
TETAS of Turkey guarantees to purchase at least 70% of energy produced at 12.35 cents per KWhr.
Exactly. It might as well be a power plant built on Russian soil, it's a rip-off.
And if the AKP lose the elections in 2023, you can forget about nuclear power because the whole opposition (CHP, IYI, HDP, RP) had opposed against the Akkuyu power plant.
Opposing an ill-conceived attempt to develop nuclear power does not mean opposing nuclear power entirely. I am pro-nuclear-power yet I think the Akkuyu was a horrible mistake which will plague Turkey for years to come.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Which really should be a red flag as to the safety and reliability of the plant. You will ALWAYS find someone to invest in even the most shady projects provided it will bring a profit. The fact that nobody wants to touch it and several have expressed concerns about inspections leads me to believe that Akkuyu will be built to the same impeccable standards which brought you classics like Chernobyl.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,135
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Which really should be a red flag as to the safety and reliability of the plant. You will ALWAYS find someone to invest in even the most shady projects provided it will bring a profit. The fact that nobody wants to touch it and several have expressed concerns about inspections leads me to believe that Akkuyu will be built to the same impeccable standards which brought you classics like Chernobyl.

Russian designs have come a long way to be honest.

Russians nowadays do their best to avoid a cherboyl hence the enormous investment in nuclear tech.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey send a group of students to study nuclear tech in Russia, they will return to work at Akkuyu.

You dont think that the MIT will use the knowledge of these future Turkish scientist to develop uranium and plutonium for our own purpose, like Pakistan did with sending their students to study nuclear tech in the Netherlands?

If Turkish firms invest in Akkuyu, the Turkish state gains momentum and knowledge to build a second plant independent from Russia.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Opposing an ill-conceived attempt to develop nuclear power does not mean opposing nuclear power entirely. I am pro-nuclear-power yet I think the Akkuyu was a horrible mistake which will plague Turkey for years to come.

CHP, IYI, RP and HDP are definitely 100% against nuclear weaponry, they are even against Turkish drone technology because these weapons "kill innocent people" (read = marxist mountainrats).

The only opposition party that will invest in the domestic defense industry and nuclear tech is ZP.

With CHP, IYI, RP and HDP the Turkish militairy industry will be throwed back 30 years and these social-democrats will shut down every weaponplant to maintain good relations with our European neigbours.

Top Bottom