Reactions
15 5,037
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Imperialist dream "Megali Idea" was destroyed 1923
Scaled down version of it "Enosis" in 1974

Saying that Greeks don't know anything about those terms is 100% bs.

L

LegionnairE

Many people in this forum can't understand that the first who pulls the trigger instantly loses. Greece doesn't have imperialistic aspirations in the region, so a direct attack is not going to take place. And please stop repeating this 100 year old bs of "megali Idea", 99% of Greeks don't even know it's existance.
I agree about the first part that first one to shoot will lose. I'm not so sure about the rest.

Don't take those who don't live in Turkey but wants to send Turkish soldiers to war too seriously.
We had a prime minister who wanted to have a friday prayer in damascus. (after Turkish army conquered it) He's unemployed now.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,317
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Remember how isis had ypg cornered in kobani until US air power turned it all around.

People forget how vulnerable the ypg is and how easily they can collapse.

In Afrin and in Operation Peace spring how easily the ypg fled.

I can see why they dont want the usa or the russians to leave because they know how screwed they are.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,317
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
And YPG sold that as an epic victory against ISIS to all Europe-tards LMAO!

Yes hahahahahaha

I remember a quote from a Turkish guy he said.

We had all these victories in our history and we did not celebrate like these guys. I mean how is it a epic victory when the world comes and saves your ass 🤣

OPTIMUS

Reactions
1 375
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey wins nothing by picking a fight with Greece. Yes, if it happens, it's probably gonna be a military victory. Then what?

Even the most sympathetic Greeks now hate Turks. Old hatreds are renewed. International condemnation and sanctions. And thousands, if not millions, die.

The only truly noble battle is self-defense.
I need to mention again which warnings from Turkey to the world were clearly and unequivocally expressed by Minister of Defense, Mr. AKAR, if an armed conflict should arise between Turkey and Greece.
The first warning was printed out mathematically. "Mathematically speaking, it is impossible for Greece to win." The Greek side did not understand that. Then came the second warning.

Second warning was politically very clear and definitive. "The statue will change in Agean Meer!"
With these two warnings, Greeks should be clear about what they would lose if they went any further.

Short and painless and unforgettable.

I don't want to write naughty here. But the countries that seem to stand behind Greece are only keen on what this country has to offer you. Not more. And unfortunately Greece has nothing more to offer.

This includes all EU countries, USA EGYPT, UAE Saudi Arabian. The Greeks should hear what the old Greek secretary of foreign affairs, Yannis G. Valinakis, says.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,317
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just shoot one of them out of the sky and then say "oopsie". Works for Russians, it will work for you.

Honestly the government has no balls.

Our armies hands are too tied.

Thats what burns me. Its a matter of time before they target our soldiers they are getting emboldened one again if nothing is done.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 3,018
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Honestly the government has no balls.

Our armies hands are too tied.

Thats what burns me. Its a matter of time before they target our soldiers they are getting emboldened one again if nothing is done.
My concern is more about loose cannons. The less you permit soldiers to take down enemy forces in an orderly manner, the more of a chance that they will do so in a disorderly one.

It's better to kill a Russian bomber pilot with a planned strike and a planned diplomatic response than to have a pissed-off young soldier blow one out of the sky in a surge of adrenaline and then have to do damage control for something you weren't expecting.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,317
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
My concern is more about loose cannons. The less you permit soldiers to take down enemy forces in an orderly manner, the more of a chance that they will do so in a disorderly one.

It's better to kill a Russian bomber pilot with a planned strike and a planned diplomatic response than to have a pissed-off young soldier blow one out of the sky in a surge of adrenaline and then have to do damage control for something you weren't expecting.

Turkish soldiers along with turkish backed fsa rebels have been using manpads against russian jets.

Explains why Russian jets cant fly too low.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom