Live Conflict Military Operations Syria

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Answer this question if any journalist and academic started defending groups like aq or isis or whichever terrorist group is it even doing propaganda for them what would greece do?
It certainly would not put them in prison, as Turkey does. There is the example of the supporters of the terrorist organization November 17. You see in a true democracy, there is freedom of opinion. In an authoritarian regimes, there are only prisons.
Because Greece loves supporting terrorist groups.
As usual you are lying.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
That list is even smaller now. Viacom and CBS merged in 2019 and 21st Century Fox was bought by Disney in the same year. Time Warner is owned by AT&T, who also has shares in Comcast if I remember correctly.
Look at what is happening in your country first, and let go of what is happening abroad, at least there they are not imprisoned and freely write their opinion in any media they want......

1644330550709.png

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yavuz Sultan Selim is a good man. Regardless i dont worship him he has his good and his bad but I do put him in high regard.

Cant blame him when the Turkmens fought for the Safavid empire and threatened the Ottoman Empire. Shah ismail caused the Kurdish exodus into Anatolia due to him butchering the Kurds because they were Sunni. Let me guess Yavuz Sultan Selim is the bad guy. Kurds also served Shah Ismail until he turned against him. Shah Ismail was a big time shia fanatic converted a Sunni Persia into a Shia Persia. Cant get more secratarian than that he also attacked his neighbours.

If Yavuz Sultan Selim is a big time Sunni fanatic he would have not invaded the Mamluks and surrounding Sunni lands like Syria and Egypt.

Yavuz Sultan Selim is also reviled figure among the Arabs due to him setting up Ottoman domination of the middle east also allowing the Turks to rule the Middle east for like 400 years. He also took their Caliphate and made Istanbul the capital of the caliphate. Caliphate was now dominated by Turks not Arabs. Thats why they made a propaganda tv series against him now the Arabs are accusing him of genocide all that bs.

Many men song from 50 cent applies to him.

Many meanings we put onto historical leaders usually have nothing to do with historical personality.
One good example to this is Joan d'Arc. In the west they made him an icon of feminism(one of the reasons I didnt buy AoE4, at least yet). Real Joan d'Arc was a catholic saint. She would declare those sjw nutjobs heretics.

As a history buff who tries to be as neutral as possible I dont think Yavuz was a sectarian man, I mean at least not enough to care other peoples beliefs. I heard in a very academic youtube history channel called ''Tarih Obasi'' that one of the earliest supporters of Yavuz were Qizilbash tribes when he was a prince in Trabzon.

It is the meaning they put on him in 90s that makes him a taboo. Gladio, the political islam put a meaning on him and Akp continued it. He was a stick hanging on alevis in this meaning.

Truth to be told and I have researched this matter a lot, Ottomans only anxiety over Kizilbash movement was geopolitical. They were mostly concerned by the ones hostile. This is why they relocated them to Cyprus, Balkans etc. Somewhere away from Iran. Most of the Cypriot Turks are descendants of Kizilbash Turks from East and Southeast Anatolia. There even was a square called Kizilbash, after the 1980 coup it was renamed Kizilay square.

My paternal side is alevi and my fathers village is Buyukkadi in Diyarbakir. I somehow managed to reach 1518 tahrir defter of his village. 1518 is the 6th year of Yavuz' reign may I remind you. There were 2 sipahis from our village; ''Saru Oğlu Sipahi Yusuf, Ali Faki Oğlu Sipahi Ahmet''. Since each sipahi also had to bring at least one cebelü with themselves that makes four soldiers from our village and this village was a prominent kizilbash village as it was the host village of renowned Dede Garkın Lodge, perhaps the entire reason the village didnt Kurdify and stayed Turkish. Because once you converted to Sunni you became Kurd, if you stayed Kizilbash you stayed Turkmen. That lodge allowed us to stay Turkmen. Thats how ethnicity worked back then.

Anyway I was going to say, you wouldnt expect 4 soldiers from a village renowned for being a host for a renowned Kizilbash lodge would you? Especially in Yavuz' reign. However there you go. I only noticed a special tax called Surh-seran only collected once, in 1526 and never again during the 6th year of Suleiman I's reign. Surh-Seran is persian for Kızılbash.
One of Yavuz' Kurdish allies Idris-i Bitlisi reports killing of 40.000 Kizilbash but that is bullshit as no tahrir defter records indicate such a loss of life. It seems they only killed community leaders who spreaded Safavid propaganda and sometimes moved some tribes to Cyprus, Balkans etc.

Meral Aksener is also from our village but she is one of those whose ancestors were moved to Salonica.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,013
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
That list is even smaller now. Viacom and CBS merged in 2019 and 21st Century Fox was bought by Disney in the same year. Time Warner is owned by AT&T, who also has shares in Comcast if I remember correctly.

I was born and live in england and as a kid i used to notice how the same agenda was pretty much spread across all the papers. Years later i would look into who owns the British media and its shocking how few hands are involved and how all the players are connected in some way or another.

For example half the british media in england is owned by british nobility. Basically the cousins of the queen. The daily mail the most popular tabloid in the UK which serves news to the most basic the bottom feeders of society is owned by a viscount.

It also explains why the media is always constantly hostile towards Turkey, hows its message and sloguns are unified.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,054
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
It certainly would not put them in prison, as Turkey does. There is the example of the supporters of the terrorist organization November 17. You see in a true democracy, there is freedom of opinion. In an authoritarian regimes, there are only prisons.

As usual you are lying.

Ugur dundar is a big time critique of Erdogan all this time how come he never went to prison?

Because his not a terrorist supporter.

You see when you become journalist you dont become a mouthpiece to terror groups.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Look at what is happening in your country first, and let go of what is happening abroad, at least there they are not imprisoned and freely write their opinion in any media they want......

View attachment 39602
My current country is the US. The country from which my bloodline hails is Azerbaijan. The topic I commented on was that a lot of American media is owned by only a few companies, which has nothing to do with journalistic freedom.

I'll give you this, you are the master of the non sequitur.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,058
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
With all due respect the guy was baited by a PKK supporter. He's watching a pkk supporter slander Turkey and insult the Turkish people but in that typical cowardly way they leave a door open to reasonably deny it. But the intent is clear.

The PKK supporter began with his pro pkk news and articles slandering Turkey as being behind isis. All Turks recognise this propaganda trick by PKK supporters. Since then every single one of his posts has been antagonistic towards Turkey.

Even accusing Turkey of ethnic cleansing on the yazidis.

Its quite natural that many Turks have become sick of the constant attacks. The Turks feed millions of their people, saved millions of their people. Its quite natural that certain reactions take place. Its not right, but the error was not to shut down the people accusing Turkey of ethnic cleansing while being the biggest refugee home and the second largest foreign aid donor on earth.

When it concerns 3rd nations like China this forum has been quick to shut posts down. When it concerns people shitting on Turkey, we see no rush to address it. Why is that?

Keep in mind these baseless and constant accusations of genocide against Turkey is another form of racism. These accusations are intended to slander Turkey and dehumanise the Turkish people, inculding your mother and father, your brothers and sisters as well as your children.

In my personal opinion, he said nothing that warrants a ban or a warning. A couple of posts have been deleted, where I thought it went too far, for full transparency. But we as a Forum allow people to oppose Turkey for example, as long as they follow the rules. It was just a matter of some people taking the bait and breaking the rules and the other one baiting but not breaking the rules.

If you find posts that are against the rules or if you would like to see a rule change, please feel free to say so and what you would like to change. We're open to change, nothing is set in stone.

That being said, I will keep a closer watch on all the Turkish-Greek beef and be harder in the future because its tiresome and second only to the drama we have when it comes to BMC topics. I hope you understand why I have acted the way I did.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
My current country is the US. The country from which my bloodline hails is Azerbaijan. The topic I commented on was that a lot of American media is owned by only a few companies, which has nothing to do with journalistic freedom.

I'll give you this, you are the master of the non sequitur.
Υου call me the master of the non sequitur, when you grew up in a country that is at the core of liberal democracy, but you transcend a state that is not "famous" for that.
Anyway, we are talking clearly about press freedom where the US is in the top 30 or 40th in the world, while Turkey and Azerbaijan are at the bottom.
So who is the master of the non sequitur?

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Υου call me the master of the non sequitur, when you grew up in a country that is at the core of liberal democracy, but you transcend a state that is not "famous" for that.
Anyway, we are talking clearly about press freedom where the US is in the top 30 or 40th in the world, while Turkey and Azerbaijan are at the bottom.
You think USA is a democracy? LMAO!!!!
They can stick that press freedom waaaayy inside their butthole.

You know the difference between countries like Russia and USA?
PR. Nothing else.

Elections in USA are illusion. Go watch Fahrenheit 11/9, Michael Moore documentary. He explains it really well.
USA is a corporate oligarchy and thats about it. Its politicians are to just suck money from some lobbies.

We know about their press freedom. Yes, they dont put you in a jail but they close the gap with Russia in other means that makes their media just as restrictive.

When Saddam was accused of nukes, didnt the entire US media falsely verified it?

Also in the last elections the deep state stole the elections from Trump. Biden literally came with a coup. I watched the election process the entire night. Sure they claimed because only democrats believed in pandemic, only they used mail and those were counted last but all the states that the gap was below 30.000 was Biden. Such thing cannot be luck.
Deep state was troubled with Trump because Trump himself is a rich man and did not need funding and he was also in trouble with Pentagon and Cia as he left Afrin to Turks just to give them a lesson.

That whole capitol thing was soooo typical of Cia. Soooo typical. I mean if I know one thing about Cia, that thing was organised by Cia. It was so typical of them. They wanted to politically finish off Trump, they themselves escalated that shit where basically bunch of rednecks were taking selfies, they allowed them in and they shot them down and escalated.
They made it Democles' sword hanging over Trump so that he would stfu about the rigged elections. So typical.

guest12

Reactions
2 876
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

PR. Nothing else.

Elections in USA are illusion. Go watch Fahrenheit 11/9, Michael Moore documentary. He explains it really well.
USA is a corporate oligarchy and thats about it. Its politicians are to just suck money from some lobbies.

We know about their press freedom. Yes, they dont put you in a jail but they close the gap with Russia in other means that makes their media just as restrictive.

When Saddam was accused of nukes, didnt the entire US media falsely verified it?

Also in the last elections the deep state stole the elections from Trump. Biden literally came with a coup. I watched the election process the entire night. Sure they claimed because only democrats believed in pandemic, only they used mail and those were counted last but all the states that the gap was below 30.000 was Biden. Such thing cannot be luck.
Deep state was troubled with Trump because Trump himself is a rich man and did not need funding and he was also in trouble with Pentagon and Cia as he left Afrin to Turks just to give them a lesson.

That whole capitol thing was soooo typical of Cia. Soooo typical. I mean if I know one thing about Cia, that thing was organised by Cia. It was so typical of them. They wanted to politically finish off Trump, they themselves escalated that shit where basically bunch of rednecks were taking selfies, they allowed them in and they shot them down and escalated.
They made it Democles' sword hanging over Trump so that he would stfu about the rigged elections. So typical.
You missed the fact whole thing started because Trump started talking about "double-passport holders in U.S senate".

Last edited:

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

PR. Nothing else.

The country that did all those things to Julian Assange and Edward Snowden just for telling the truth can not lecture anyone on press freedom, period.
No need to write an essay to such people as Akritas, if he is oblivious to those then nothing and nobody can open his eyes.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
unfortunate that i couldnt read the latest posts from barzani, might have been the alt of one my fav users lel

Other, the issue of the Turkish management of the Syrian refugees, and another the issue of the Turkish intervention in the Syrian territory.
I do not do the lecturer, I just put sources, facts and arguments.
the only thing u post here are propaganda outlets by the west from a couple of years ago when they were heavily pushing a narrative that was also paid by the pentagon (some might remember that there that this was some sort of pr campaign by the pentagon to be able to operate in syria despite trump wanting to leave etc).

The PKK will soon enough be fully terminated, in fact u should have a very close look what happened to them, to the armenians and others who heavily relied on these 3rd nations to solve their problems, at the end of the day they all got crushed lel.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
You are still doubling down. Let me refresh the situation for you.

1) GoatsMilk points out that the number of independent media outlets in the US is shrinking, almost everyone is owned by the big 6. This has nothing to do with journalists getting arrested or whatever, it's a comment on corporate monopoly.

2) I comment that the picture is outdated and it's more like almost everyone is owned by the big 3.

3) You jump on me talking about journalistic freedom in "my country" and give me an image related to Turkey...despite the fact that the US is technically "my country" and my heritage hails from Azerbaijan. But OK, let's switch to Azerbaijan, which also has awful journalistic standards. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC AT HAND AND WHAT I WAS COMMENTING ON?

What you're doing is the equivalent of me suddenly changing the topic of our conversation to police brutality in Greece, something completely irrelevant.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,013
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
The PKK will soon enough be fully terminated, in fact u should have a very close look what happened to them, to the armenians and others who heavily relied on these 3rd nations to solve their problems, at the end of the day they all got crushed lel.

Even if the PKK were eliminated it should constantly be used as a pretext to annex more land in syria and iraq. The days of wishing the best and just wanting peace should be over for Turkey. Turkey tried peace for the past 100 years but all our former colonies grew big mouths and hostile intentions.

The greeks did everything to try and bring hostile alliances against us. They behaved unilaterally in cyprus selling areas to foreign corporations hoping to shift the issue to america, france etc. They voted against peace in 2004 and they have constantly pushed to take from us, including opposing us within the EU mechanism. Not to mention how they side with anyone they think can harm us, like greeks joining the armenians to fight Azerbaijan. Their media made a big song and dance about, but ofcourse when armenia lost, complete silence as to what happened to the 800 terrorists that joined a war they had no business in.

The armenians also had imperial ambitions with the aim to push a one sided view of the armenian suffering, to the make the world accept via lobbying and corruption, to then force it on Turkey and once thats achieved to then demand eastern Turkey. For a genocide that they were committing on the Muslims of eastern Anatolia under false Russian/British promises. The relocation and Turkish retaliation was even considered the right thing to do according to their own first prime minister. The armenians even had the cheek at the end of world war one once the russians occupied them to ask for Turkish help against the Russian invasion. Like the PKK the armenians also conducted 40 years of terrorism previously just like the PKK. In the end it reached breaking point for the Turks.

The PKK and various other kurdish separatists have conducted 40 years of terrorism against the Turkish state siding with americans, russians, europeans, iranians, gulf states and anyone else who will supply them with guns.

The peaceful days are over for Turks. These last few years are just the start, everyone regionally fought against us, well now were fighting too. Let the spoils go to the victor.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,054
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Many meanings we put onto historical leaders usually have nothing to do with historical personality.
One good example to this is Joan d'Arc. In the west they made him an icon of feminism(one of the reasons I didnt buy AoE4, at least yet). Real Joan d'Arc was a catholic saint. She would declare those sjw nutjobs heretics.

As a history buff who tries to be as neutral as possible I dont think Yavuz was a sectarian man, I mean at least not enough to care other peoples beliefs. I heard in a very academic youtube history channel called ''Tarih Obasi'' that one of the earliest supporters of Yavuz were Qizilbash tribes when he was a prince in Trabzon.

It is the meaning they put on him in 90s that makes him a taboo. Gladio, the political islam put a meaning on him and Akp continued it. He was a stick hanging on alevis in this meaning.

Truth to be told and I have researched this matter a lot, Ottomans only anxiety over Kizilbash movement was geopolitical. They were mostly concerned by the ones hostile. This is why they relocated them to Cyprus, Balkans etc. Somewhere away from Iran. Most of the Cypriot Turks are descendants of Kizilbash Turks from East and Southeast Anatolia. There even was a square called Kizilbash, after the 1980 coup it was renamed Kizilay square.

My paternal side is alevi and my fathers village is Buyukkadi in Diyarbakir. I somehow managed to reach 1518 tahrir defter of his village. 1518 is the 6th year of Yavuz' reign may I remind you. There were 2 sipahis from our village; ''Saru Oğlu Sipahi Yusuf, Ali Faki Oğlu Sipahi Ahmet''. Since each sipahi also had to bring at least one cebelü with themselves that makes four soldiers from our village and this village was a prominent kizilbash village as it was the host village of renowned Dede Garkın Lodge, perhaps the entire reason the village didnt Kurdify and stayed Turkish. Because once you converted to Sunni you became Kurd, if you stayed Kizilbash you stayed Turkmen. That lodge allowed us to stay Turkmen. Thats how ethnicity worked back then.

Anyway I was going to say, you wouldnt expect 4 soldiers from a village renowned for being a host for a renowned Kizilbash lodge would you? Especially in Yavuz' reign. However there you go. I only noticed a special tax called Surh-seran only collected once, in 1526 and never again during the 6th year of Suleiman I's reign. Surh-Seran is persian for Kızılbash.
One of Yavuz' Kurdish allies Idris-i Bitlisi reports killing of 40.000 Kizilbash but that is bullshit as no tahrir defter records indicate such a loss of life. It seems they only killed community leaders who spreaded Safavid propaganda and sometimes moved some tribes to Cyprus, Balkans etc.

Meral Aksener is also from our village but she is one of those whose ancestors were moved to Salonica.

I still respect Shah Ismail's military prowress.

And the Kizilbash warriors were no doubt tough soldiers even in the face of Ottoman muskets and guns they held tight fought to the death.

Their history fascinates me because their whole story is about religion+ military while they lived tough lives in the nomadic way of life.

Kizilbash remind me of Ghulams and Mamluks despite them not being slave soldiers in their whole life revolved around fighting along with the religious aspect of being warriors for the Shia faith.

Ottomans vs the Safavids was a battle of the titans. Pretty crazy in the geopolitical sense most of the Turks were fighting each other. You had the Ottomans, Safavids, Uzbeks and the Mughal Empire led by Babur.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I still respect Shah Ismail's military prowress.

And the Kizilbash warriors were no doubt tough soldiers even in the face of Ottoman muskets and guns they held tight fought to the death.

Their history fascinates me because their whole story is about religion+ military while they lived tough lives in the nomadic way of life.

Kizilbash remind me of Ghulams and Mamluks despite them not being slave soldiers in their whole life revolved around fighting along with the religious aspect of being warriors for the Shia faith.

Ottomans vs the Safavids was a battle of the titans. Pretty crazy in the geopolitical sense most of the Turks were fighting each other. You had the Ottomans, Safavids, Uzbeks and the Mughal Empire led by Babur.

I think Ismail was an idiot.
According to his own sons words, he was drunk during the battle.

1)They were defeated exactly the same way Aq Koyunlus were defeated 41 years ago.

If I were the general of Safavid army, the first thing I would do would be to look into what made Aq Koyunlus lose.
Because your army is the same, enemy army is the same Ottoman army and it was just 41 years ago under same circumstances.

How idiot must you be to completely repeat your grandfathers mistake?

2) He was blinded by his own propaganda. Now you have these warriors who are so loyal to you that according to Selim "would slay their own children without doubting had their shah ordered". They believe you are some sort of messiah.

During the battle his most capable general Nur Ali Khalifah told him, his armys biggest advantage was mobility. Qizilbash army was a typical Turkmen army that was all cav and fought in two columns. Just like earlier Aq Koyunlu army.
When Selims army was positioning at night, Nur Ali told him to attack swiftly.
He declined saying this is not a valiants way. Idiot, that is your armys strength. You use your armys strength. War is all about deception and cunningness, if you reject this you are going to lose.
No divine holy being is goi g to save you, he fell for his own propaganda.

3) He didnt even have to fight. Selim was desperate, he thought the battle would take place somewhere around Erzincan. All Ismail had to do was to apply hit and run tactics and attack enemys logistical lines from behind. His nose was so high that he thought that wouldnt be glorious.

4) His son Tahmasp confirms he was drunk during the battle as he believed that would increase his warring spirit.

One military genious that came out from Safavids was Nader Shah Afshar. He had a vision of unifying all Turks(Ottomans, Mughals and his Afsharid Empire) and end the sect dispute. Unfortunately he was too paranoid and was assassinated by his family members.

Timuçin

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Mongolia

As usual you are lying.
No one is lying we all know greece supported pkk lol You are the one crying about Turkic people 24/7 in this forum did they hurt you that badly :D I thing akritas you are still mad because your history is all about losing wars to Turks and living under them I think you are crying about anatolia before you sleep every night. Grow up

Last edited:

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
You are still doubling down. Let me refresh the situation for you.

1) GoatsMilk points out that the number of independent media outlets in the US is shrinking, almost everyone is owned by the big 6. This has nothing to do with journalists getting arrested or whatever, it's a comment on corporate monopoly.

2) I comment that the picture is outdated and it's more like almost everyone is owned by the big 3.

3) You jump on me talking about journalistic freedom in "my country" and give me an image related to Turkey...despite the fact that the US is technically "my country" and my heritage hails from Azerbaijan. But OK, let's switch to Azerbaijan, which also has awful journalistic standards. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC AT HAND AND WHAT I WAS COMMENTING ON?

What you're doing is the equivalent of me suddenly changing the topic of our conversation to police brutality in Greece, something completely irrelevant.
Probably to refresh your memory ....
The controversy in the international media began when I raised the issue of the Jerusalem Post in this post...
So it's good to tell us everything from the beginning.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,054
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Ismail was an idiot.
According to his own sons words, he was drunk during the battle.

1)They were defeated exactly the same way Aq Koyunlus were defeated 41 years ago.

If I were the general of Safavid army, the first thing I would do would be to look into what made Aq Koyunlus lose.
Because your army is the same, enemy army is the same Ottoman army and it was just 41 years ago under same circumstances.

How idiot must you be to completely repeat your grandfathers mistake?

2) He was blinded by his own propaganda. Now you have these warriors who are so loyal to you that according to Selim "would slay their own children without doubting had their shah ordered". They believe you are some sort of messiah.

During the battle his most capable general Nur Ali Khalifah told him, his armys biggest advantage was mobility. Qizilbash army was a typical Turkmen army that was all cav and fought in two columns. Just like earlier Aq Koyunlu army.
When Selims army was positioning at night, Nur Ali told him to attack swiftly.
He declined saying this is not a valiants way. Idiot, that is your armys strength. You use your armys strength. War is all about deception and cunningness, if you reject this you are going to lose.
No divine holy being is goi g to save you, he fell for his own propaganda.

3) He didnt even have to fight. Selim was desperate, he thought the battle would take place somewhere around Erzincan. All Ismail had to do was to apply hit and run tactics and attack enemys logistical lines from behind. His nose was so high that he thought that wouldnt be glorious.

4) His son Tahmasp confirms he was drunk during the battle as he believed that would increase his warring spirit.

One military genious that came out from Safavids was Nader Shah Afshar. He had a vision of unifying all Turks(Ottomans, Mughals and his Afsharid Empire) and end the sect dispute. Unfortunately he was too paranoid and was assassinated by his family members.

Shah Ismail was suffering from the victory disease before he faced the Ottoman Empire he kept on racking up victories against his enemies.

The problem was when he faced the Ottomans he was full of confidence even to the point where they did not even use guns or cannons as they believed their army was invicible. Shah Ismail really believed he was unstoppable. Kizilbash soldiers even went to battle by believing they were immune to bullets.

After Caldiran, Shah Ismail closed himself to the world and retired as a broken man after him came weak rulers but Safavids had their fortunes turned around when Shah Abbas I came to power. After he died the Safavids declined again.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Probably to refresh your memory ....
The controversy in the international media began when I raised the issue of the Jerusalem Post in this post...
So it's good to tell us everything from the beginning.
Having better freedom for journalist in other countries than Turkey, doesn't negate the possibility of pushing of a specific agenda by media outlets.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom