Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,822
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder what happens when the Gezgin is revealed?
What would be the rationale behind revealing such a weapon? You can't export it because of MTCR. Is it just for deterrence purposes? When you have a strong national defense program, after some point you would stop trying to be deterrent and be more secretive. Because the things you revealed so far would be enough to stop your enemies who might be considering attacking you.

If we keep revealing longer and longer range missiles, the reasons for it might be,

1. Political gain
2. Prestige
3. Building and strengthening your sphere of influence.

The only negative result of these revelations would be that you pass information about your abilities to your enemies. I don't believe we can be sanctioned for developing long range ballistic missiles(or CMs). There's nothing illegal about it as long as you use your national subsystems for the missiles. The question is, should they be made public?

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,543
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
What would be the rationale behind revealing such a weapon? You can't export it because of MTCR. Is it just for deterrence purposes? When you have a strong national defense program, after some point you would stop trying to be deterrent and be more secretive. Because the things you revealed so far would be enough to stop your enemies who might be considering attacking you.

If we keep revealing longer and longer range missiles, the reasons for it might be,

1. Political gain
2. Prestige

The only negative result of these revelations would be that you pass information about your abilities to your enemies. I don't believe we can be sanctioned for developing long range ballistic missiles(or CMs). There's nothing illegal about it as long as you use your national subsystems for the missiles. The question is, should they be made public?
Anything below MRBM should be public after some time

Announcing MRBMs might be concerning

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,752
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Along with it, A new Faster cruise missiles are also under development bro. I wouldn't want to be in the enemy's position
Important developments in the field of ramjet-propelled missiles are ahead of us. Especially in the air-to-ground group, there will be a very rapid diversification after the precursor missile systems are commissioned.

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then you say, without wasting time, we must crush Greece on the battlefield. Of course, this is also a solution but I believe that Turkiye's state mind does not want this right now. But In all aspects, the state should think about the results we will encounter, what will be the benefit and harm to Turkiye in terms of possible consequences, will the loss be worth the gain we will get in this time conjuncture? Will the isolation and economic collapse we will experience before the TFX fly, before the engine projects are finished, before the TF2000s, sOM, Gezgin, Submarines come into operation, will it be worth the risk we take before and after those projects get matured?

Or Instead, for example, if we put full pressure on Greece and continue to keep its international violations hot on the world's agenda, develop strategies that will most effectively explain to the world that the cause of the insolubility is Greece and try to find a solution to improve relations with partners that Greece trusts, we will express our determination regarding Greece's illegal actions. Don't you think it would be more logical if we stated that we have the right to self-defense and not leave room for action in Greece in this way and reach our target point in this way?

We all know that Greece will not be able to hold out long against Turkiye in the arms race. That's why they're begging for second-hand weapons from everywhere. Don't you think it would be a more effective way to push them into dissolution in this way and to have the Greeks suffer mental collapse as in the Tayfun example with the time to be gained and to complete our preparations in the meantime?
I agree that we wont gain much from a war with greece, but we will also get damaged especially economically and regarding infrastructure, factories etc. In return we may manage to hold some islands at a very high price. If US and France decide to exploit the opportunity and help greece a lot then we may be weakened significantly. In 10 years we will be much stronger, to the point even big powers will strongly prefer not to stand on our way. We should just show enough deterrence that greece wont try to attack us and at the same time try to get stronger as much as we can in a discrete way. This is a difficult balance act, just like other balances we are trying to maintain. I sincerely hope we will succeed.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 464
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The same debate occured when Minister of Industry Varank gave some figures (but still in ambiguity) about our inventory. Like indigineous cruise missiles (250 +), which is som, indigenous ucavs (200+)

This policy has dual function, one is political show, which is very clear, but the other one is to urge rivals about Turkey's material assets and strenght.

Which is very interesting about greek media and public opinion is that they did not react to these figures given by Varank as much as Tayfun. I even could not see any reaction at all. For them who imagine endless fanthasies with just 54 or 90 cruise missiles, our inventory of som missile which is maybe 300 or more (plus we have 98 slam er too) should have got the same reaction. But no...

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have an impression from some twitter accounts that 2023 will reveal much more projects. Especially Idef 2023 will be a great show for both Turkish military industrial complex and Cumhur alliance
When the economy is in this state, it is useless for the Cumhur's alliance. In any case, it will be a source of joy for people who will vote for this alliance.

People look in their pockets, look at tranquility (immigrants), justice and democracy.

Of course, very good developments for people like us who are interested in and follow these issues.

By the way, we pronounce the word war very easily. It's like a game...Better to be a deterrent.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

1. Political gain
2. Prestige

Change your pov,Gezgin is the only one left.
With the Gezgin in our inventory,no navy can threaten us in the Mediterranean or Black Sea.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just want to ask something and not challenge any opinion. Gezgin will of course be a serious threat for Russia, Iran, France, and probably american carriers. But since greece is so close, dont we already have certain deterrence from our SOM missiles? Also arent cruise missiles easier to take out, even with gattling guns like Korkut? So it seems it is certainly good to have them but they are not the most formidable weapons.
For example, Gökhan and Akbaba are important to me. Gezgin will be the Turbojet, it would be better if it was a Turbofan.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,822
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Change your pov,Gezgin is the only one left.
With the Gezgin in our inventory,no navy can threaten us in the Mediterranean or Black Sea.
You have a point with Gezgin but I like to remind you that this goes beyond Gezgin. We have a space program. And as years go by, especially towards the end of the decade, we will have rockets that will push payloads(400kg+) to 27.000+ km/h speed for LEO. Converting such big rockets to ballistic missiles will yield tremendous ranges. My point was that will it be right to reveal missiles with longer and longer missiles? I'm not taking a hard position against it. But one has to keep an element of surprise in case things go south. Just a food for thought.

Last edited:

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
You have a point with Gezgin but I like to remind you that this goes beyond Gezgin. We have a space program. And as years go by, especially towards the end of the decade, we will have rockets that will push payloads(400kg+) to 27.000+ km/h speed for LEO. Converting such big rockets to ballistic missiles will yield tremendous ranges. My point was that will it be right to reveal missiles with longer and longer missiles? I'm not taking a hard position against it. But one has to keep an element of surprise in case things go south. Just a food for thought.
At this moment we dont have the luxury to hide such projects.
If we had a modern Airforce you would be right but we dont so its better to show what is necessary.
After TFX(engines) you will not see anymore shows of new projects,only in a war situation.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You have a point with Gezgin but I like to remind you that this goes beyond Gezgin. We have a space program. And as years go by, especially towards the end of the decade, we will have rockets that will put payloads(400kg+) to an orbit with 27.000+ km/h speed. Converting such big rockets to ballistic missiles will yield tremendous ranges. My point was that will it be right to reveal missiles with longer and longer missiles? I'm not taking a hard position against it. But one has to keep an element of surprise in case things go south. Just a food for thought.

It is known that France has an ballistic missile arsenal and can fire it from submarines but no one sees it firing or new versions. This has great effects on the perception of power about France in Worldwide. Now I think that Turkiye will follow a similar path. It can be stated that there are ballistic missile studies at certain ranges scales rather than revealing firing trials or details and the same effect can be created. In this way, the features that make a ballistic missile critical such as warhead, thrust stage, and speed are kept secret. There is no deterrence of a weapon that does not exist in minds. A system whose existence is assured is still secret because as I said, it is not solely the range that makes a balistic missile dangerous and lethal. Syrprise factor will always be with the states that develop its own technology.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,822
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is known that France has an ballistic missile arsenal and can fire it from submarines but no one sees it firing or new versions. This has great effects on the perception of power about France in Worldwide. Now I think that Turkiye will follow a similar path. It can be stated that there are ballistic missile studies at certain ranges scales rather than revealing firing trials or details and the same effect can be created. In this way, the features that make a ballistic missile critical such as warhead, thrust stage, and speed are kept secret. There is no deterrence of a weapon that does not exist in minds. A system whose existence is assured is still secret because as I said, it is not solely the range that makes a balistic missile dangerous and lethal. Syrprise factor will always be with the states that develop its own technology.
You know better than I that there's a limit to how much deterrence you can cause with these types of weapons. Having super-long range missiles won't give extra deterrence after some point. For that, you need different types of warheads , if you catch my drift.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I assure you, for the next 15 years, each new year will overshadow the previous one.

We laid the foundations for this major breakthrough in the 70s and 80s, we entered a new phase in terms of core system design and systems engineering capabilities from the early 2000s, and probably we are in the third phase with the 2020s. We can say that this phase of completion of vertical specializations, self-powered independence and regional power projection capability aim will be completed in the 2030s.

Again, in relation to this issue, one side of the coin is the completion of the technical infrastructure, but the other side is the creation of the political/regional conditions.

We spent all the years before the Erdoğan government doing nothing and only picked up in the past two decades under Erdoğan rule.

There was no hope that Türkiye would one day earn a proud place among nations. We were considered to be 150 years behind the developed world.

Now we are only 15 years behind the best devekoped nation and have a proud place among all the nations even when we have not yet completed our development cycle.

Do some justice.

There had not been any continuation in any area of development and improvements have only been spotty. How could there be with no strenght in leadership.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 464
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When the economy is in this state, it is useless for the Cumhur's alliance. In any case, it will be a source of joy for people who will vote for this alliance.

People look in their pockets, look at tranquility (immigrants), justice and democracy.

Of course, very good developments for people like us who are interested in and follow these issues.

By the way, we pronounce the word war very easily. It's like a game...Better to be a deterrent.
+1

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. IKINCI: "Mobile coastal defense system comes to life. We will implement our coastal defense system using ATMACA and ÇAKIR missiles. We successfully made our first trials in short time ago"

Çakır and Atmaca Coast variants in same frame
20221022_115850.jpg

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Ikinci: "With nearly 4,000 employees, we have an annual turnover of around $750 million, 30% of which is from exports.

Our goal is to reach a turnover of over $1 billion by 2025, 50% of which is from exports"

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom