Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 465
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So an air to ground version willl be designed. Atmaca (ssm version) weighs 750 kg. Akıncı will cary up to 2 atmacas. How cost effective is this choice when it can carry 4 çakır missiles?

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So an air to ground version willl be designed. Atmaca (ssm version) weighs 750 kg. Akıncı will cary up to 2 atmacas. How cost effective is this choice when it can carry 4 çakır missiles?
It's not about cost effectiveness, Çakır might not be able to reach some of the targets so we need Akıncı with Atmaca increased range because it is dropped from the air.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,866
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Depend on the mission. If you want to damage two frigates, take two ATMACA. If the mission is to destroy 4 FAC, use 4 CAKIR.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Akinici will not carry any ATMACAs. There are better options such as SOM series of cruise missiles that are designed specifically for air carry and launch. Whoever is pushing the ATMACA on AKINCI BS has no clue.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 465
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Interesting. Retired general from Turaf Mr Karakuş:

We have had ballistic missile with a range of 1000 km in our inventory for 25 years. The range of the Tayfun is not 561 km, but much more. We have not disclosed them until now in order not to create tension in international affairs. Since we don't have enough space, we launch the missiles at a righter angle. If we had a base in Somalia, you would see that we could realise tests 3 to 4 thousand km towards the ocean. (he implies the balistic missile, called "Tufan" by Harzemşah (a Turkish defence industry enthusiast who was active in Turkish forums). A few years ago General Karakuş made a statement about balistic missile which has a range of 2 000 km and which is in the inventory. I had posted it a few days ago.)

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Interesting. Retired general from Turaf Mr Karakuş:

We have had ballistic missile with a range of 1000 km in our inventory for 25 years. The range of the Tayfun is not 561 km, but much more. We have not disclosed them until now in order not to create tension in international affairs. Since we don't have enough space, we launch the missiles at a righter angle. If we had a base in Somalia, you would see that we could realise tests 3 to 4 thousand km towards the ocean. (he implies the balistic missile, called "Tufan" by Harzemşah (a Turkish defence industry enthusiast who was active in Turkish forums). A few years ago General Karakuş made a statement about balistic missile which has a range of 2 000 km and which is in the inventory. I had posted it a few days ago.)

If that were the case we wouldn't have such a lengthy period of developing space launch vehicles... Roketsan, master of adaptation would have used these fictional 2,000km BM's rocket motors for SLV development.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Did he mean that some engineers leave Roketsan to work aborad?

He is asked,
"In some sectors of Turkish Defence Industry we have foreign engineers participating in the development of systems, is that the case for Roketsan, are there foreign engineers in Roketsan? Are you open in this area for foreign engineers"

He Responds,
"No - we aren't open for foreign engineers"

Reporter asks,
"Is it because there isn't a need"

He Responds,
"Yes, there isn't a need - also because of highly classified nature of our work it wouldn't be possible"
"Till this point, Roketsan has not employed foreign engineers nor do we envisage to employ foreign engineers in the future".

-------------------------------------------------

I think that's pretty clear cut, there isn't a need for foreign engineers nor is there a brain vacuum created by engineers working abroad.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not sure Akinci can carry Atmaca on the wing pylon, maybe on the fuselage.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

That's BORA, infact - I'm having second thoughts on whether TAYFUN exists, or just something media made up.

Forinstance, yellow blow out panels on BORA
1666534925611.png

Looks identical to the one on supposed TAYFUN footage
1666534992247.png

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,927
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's BORA, infact - I'm having second thoughts on whether TAYFUN exists, or just something media made up.

View attachment 49337

View attachment 49338
The president confirmed it.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,038
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 49337

View attachment 49338
It has already been approved, that is a separate issue, but it is quite natural for two different missiles to be fired from the same launcher. There are the same applications in China, where we acquired and subsequently developed the ballistic missile infrastructure. Shooting different missiles from the same launcher...

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Mr Ikinci: "Our anti-tank missiles are powerful enough to penetrate 1 meter steel"

View attachment 49254
The ability to pierce 1 meter of steel is sufficient for an anti-tank missile.

But what I'm curious about is the effectiveness of our Umtas, Omtas, L Umtas, Karaok missiles against Reactive armors.

Because the most effective armor against an anti-tank missile is reactive armor.

Of course, there are active protection systems.

There is no information, document or image about the event yet.

The only information that comforts me is that these missiles are equipped with tandem warheads.

In other words, the first warhead detonates the reactive armor of the target tank and clears the way for the second warhead.

Perhaps Roketsan has tested these missiles against reactive armor in the test environment. But that's what we don't know.

Last edited:

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 971
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 49337

View attachment 49338
Perhaps its the same missile BORA=TAYFUN but Turkiye used some foreign parts to Bora and range should be under 300km mtrc , while after Turkiye produced 100% with local tech all the missile and range can go until all the fuel is spent . Bora look too big to be just 280 km thats my opinion 🤷

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
If that were the case we wouldn't have such a lengthy period of developing space launch vehicles... Roketsan, master of adaptation would have used these fictional 2,000km BM's rocket motors for SLV development.
It may not be as you say. Because in-atmospheric ballistic orbiting missiles can operate on solid fuel. However, after a certain height, conditions such as liquid or mixed fuels and oxygen supplementation are required instead of solid fuel due to the lack of oxygen and the absence of oxygen at the space stage. Now I think this technology is working in rocketsan or Delta v. I think we can make an extra-atmospheric long-range missile after space studies.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Those who complained that the state did not respond when Greece made a military build-up on the islands now complain that we threaten Greece. What a comedy though.
Yes, Greeks not just made build ups but put hands on many islands thx to akp!!
Due elections we see our secrets are shown!! What can Turkey say if USA gives thaad missiles to Greeks or himars missiles with ranges up to 500 km??
These missiles are our secret powers.not.just deterrence!!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom