Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,851
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Because it is tested at its maximum range so the bomb approached its target at a lower angle.

Launching TRG-300 from underwater is not worth the effort. Submarine-launched TRG-300 will have a range of 150km at best.
Can we launch Gezgin from our submarines?

rai456

Reactions
1 55
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 51827

Launching ballistic missiles either rockets from surface ship is very dangerous. IMHO that's why any navy launch SRBMs from ships. İt causes a load of fire.

Even exhaust of a slim ESSM SAM could burn whole destroyer

Buuuut when you are under the water there won't be dangerous.

Need to find the picture of testbad of how first time SRBMs launched.

IMHO they should test it.

View attachment 51826
I've heard that China has some ship based ballistic missiles. Specifically the YJ-21 which can be launched from their destroyers.

Some of the ship launched anti-ballistic missiles like the SM-3 are large and can probably function as a ballistic missile themselves with some modification.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Former airforce commander Karakus is talking about missile with a range of 300km excist.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,404
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Sadık Piyade, General Manager of TSKGV said:

"We tested 561km with our ballistic missile called Tayfun. I hope we will not be surprised if we see 1000km soon"

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,864
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Sadık Piyade, General Manager of TSKGV said:

"We tested 561km with our ballistic missile called Tayfun. I hope we will not be surprised if we see 1000km soon"

Well seeing how Tayfun has more likely a higher range than the test that was conducted more for message reasons we can easily asume that 1000km and further ranges are that far off for Roketsan. Maybe 1000km has already been achieved and we will only know about in 5 years. It is very possible.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well seeing how Tayfun has more likely a higher range than the test that was conducted more for message reasons we can easily asume that 1000km and further ranges are that far off for Roketsan. Maybe 1000km has already been achieved and we will only know about in 5 years. It is very possible.
More like 5 weeks.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,404
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It is a disappointment that, Turkey wouldnt be able to provide its closest allies with Tayfun like TFX because of MTCR.
Even though USA can sell Trident ii ICBM to UK.

akrepon

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
It is a disappointment that, Turkiye wouldnt be able to provide its closest allies with Tayfun like TFX because of MTCR.
When you have the power you can. Who says we'll stick to something that US ignores when it suits her. In near future we'll be more flexible in this regard.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 969
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a disappointment that, Turkiye wouldnt be able to provide its closest allies with Tayfun like TFX because of MTCR.
Did USA agree with Mtrc or just ignores it?!
Or just USA did it for other countries to stop them while itself sells to uk Icbm and to israel helps with arrow 3 and other 300+ km missiles 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Thats mean ' Do what i say dont do what i do ' 🤣

Corvus

Reactions
2 252
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yıldırım: 150+km
Bora/Khan: 280+km
Tayfun: 1000km
Cenk: 🤗
I don't like that we call each missile with a different name. It would make more sense if we took Yıldırım as a family name and call them as Yıldırım II, Yıldırım III etc. based on the range.

We have so many products now and it's getting confusing.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't like that we call each missile with a different name. It would make more sense if we took Yıldırım as a family name and call them as Yıldırım II, Yıldırım III etc. based on the range.

We have so many products now and it's getting confusing.
The Greek do that. They sometimes refer to our missiles in general as "Yıldırım" adding Roman numerals to the name in order to clarify the range and precise missile.

Then again, how many missiles are we going to develop anyways? Longer range = new name.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom