Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
These news are just nonsense right now. If we were blind enough to send missiles to Ukraine, we would have sent the M270s, which are nearing the end of their life.
Why sent M270s? Yeah, if we want to help Ukraine with our old stock, that would be fine. But our primary aim is to prove our systems in combat against a formidable foe. See their problems and fix them, and advertise them to new customers.

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
Why sent M270s? Yeah, if we want to help Ukraine with our old stock, that would be fine. But our primary aim is to prove our systems in combat against a formidable foe. See their problems and fix them, and advertise them to new customers.
We are not China, every consumable product we introduce cannot be produced in the hundreds of thousands in the same year, all this speculation is meaningless when there is an impending Syrian operation.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are not China, every consumable product we introduce cannot be produced in the hundreds of thousands in the same year, all this speculation is meaningless when there is an impending Syrian operation.
If there is a customer who is ready to pay, everything can be mass-produced. Well, Altay can't be, but that is something else. Look for TB-2, for example; after finding enough customers, Baykar is working to improve their production line to 30 units per month.

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
If there is a customer who is ready to pay, everything can be mass-produced. Well, Altay can't be, but that is something else. Look for TB-2, for example; after finding enough customers, Baykar is working to improve their production line to 30 units per month.
The TB2 got such a production line after it entered service - almost 200 were produced and saw 3 battles. All of these wars were those we had to be involved in for our own interests, and we left them all with benefit. While there are hundreds of countries that love Ukraine(!) , it is not our turn to take such a step.

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
Let these Russian fags bleed. They didn't care when they killed our soldiers in Syria.
I don't care about the dead Russians, I think about the lives of my own soldiers

Why are you putting oil in the hands of America, which is doing all kinds of perverts for the death of its soldiers in Syria? Will Ukraine protect your border? Even if you don't send missiles, the Johnys will send new ones to kill the Ruski anyway.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't care about the dead Russians, I think about the lives of my own soldiers

Why are you putting oil in the hands of America, which is doing all kinds of perverts for the death of its soldiers in Syria? Will Ukraine protect your border? Even if you don't send missiles, the Johnys will send new ones to kill the Ruski anyway.
It's already too late for the oil fields. US already got them and neither SAA nor Russia can make them leave. What I want is testing our systems in war environment and see any shortcoming of the system before we have to use them in such conditions, especially with the air defence systems.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 462
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It was a disastrous interview in terms of journalism. This CNN turk and its team have no idea about anything related to defence industry and they did not make any resaerch before interview. She called over and over again "missile" for NEB bomb, she was disrespectfully reading messages in her mobile during interview, the channel wrote "the largest missile in the world"...offf

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Omtas infographic

FiWAbRIXEAMcozn

The tweet also gives the arrival times of the ATMACA and OMTAS missiles at their targets, which I think this is the first time that this kind of information has been given about ATMACA.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Omtas infographic

FiWAbRIXEAMcozn

The tweet also gives the arrival times of the ATMACA and OMTAS missiles at their targets, which I think this is the first time that this kind of information has been given about ATMACA.
There is something not quite right about those arrival times/flight duration times.
Omtas speed is 0.4mach according to I Sunnetci’s tweet. That is in line with this ATGM’s specs. So check.
But he also claims that the same duration is given as 1+ minute for the Atmaca missile.
That doesn’t make sense.
If Atmaca is taking 1+ minutes to reach 4km , then it is too slow. That makes slower than 0.2 Mach. So it is wrong.
Most sources have been quoting 0.85-0.9 Mach speed for Atmaca. (This is commensurate with Exocet and Harpoon speeds)
If it takes 1+ minute/say 2 mins to reach the 250km total range that Atmaca has , then it‘s speed is 6+ Mach. We know that can’t be right too.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,600
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Omtas has a max speed of 0.6 Mach. If we take getting ready to fire and acceleration and deceleration after motor burnout into account 30 seconds is logical. This puts the average speed at 0.4 Mach. It is designed that way intentionally to give the user the time to update the mission if necessary. The total flight time of Atmaca should be higher than 12 minutes (0.9 Mach and 220km).

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 462
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I remember that a friend here wrote that the maximum effective ranges of omtas and umtas are more. omtas like 5.5 km and umtas 10.5 km. we know that new verson of umtas is 16 km now, but he or she was talking about first versions if I remember correctly

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,600
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I remember that a friend here wrote that the maximum effective ranges of omtas and umtas are more. omtas like 5.5 km and umtas 10.5 km. we know that new verson of umtas is 16 km now, but he or she was talking about first versions if I remember correctly
Yes, you are right but we are talking about officially advertised ranges. Omtas and Umtas hit targets 5.5kms and 10.5kms away respectively in live fire trials conducted by the land forces.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom