DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,378
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
So, if this GM-UMTAS is equipped with a mmWave radar seeker, it would be faster, right?

I think I may have some idea.
If it were to have increased range of 25/30 km like Spike NLOS or Akron LP, it would need to have extended Fins which will compromise its speed irrespective of seeker head due to its design philosophy, but will keep it up in the air for longer period of time by reducing drag, thus extending the range.

1682886148504.jpeg

1682886182341.jpeg

Now you can see what I am talking about here.
This larger fins makes it almost like a semi-loitering ammunition.

Last edited:

Hepdert

Reactions
6 753
Nation of residence
Turkey
Super Simsek, which was displayed on the Anka-3 external weapon station in the ceremony area, will be able to perform air-to-ground, air-to-air attack missions, and will be able to perform missions such as detecting and suppressing enemy systems on the ground by installing electronic warfare systems on it. Super Simsek, which is expected to be used as a cruise missile in one of its latest versions, is expected to have a range of over 700 kilometers.

FvCwA71XgAEm6XH.jpeg

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,399
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Şimşek 2 ? Maybe kamikaze version?
Üstad, it looks like the nose fully equiped electronics, seems huge radome that reaches halfway up the drone?

It's like a mini-KE. At first glance, the geometry of the aircraft suggests that it could mimic the flight envelope and manoeuvres of a fighter jet. No one has focused enough on the Super Lightning so far, but I think something really big is coming! I hope TAI will add a rocket assisted take-off option to this aircraft. These are the drones that will create chaos in enemy airspace. KE is too expensive for some missions. The production of this aircraft with its various variants should be hundreds.

edit: There should also be parachute landing and redeployable feature for Şimşek. I can't wait for the details.

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,837
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Super Simsek, which was displayed on the Anka-3 external weapon station in the ceremony area, will be able to perform air-to-ground, air-to-air attack missions, and will be able to perform missions such as detecting and suppressing enemy systems on the ground by installing electronic warfare systems on it. Super Simsek, which is expected to be used as a cruise missile in one of its latest versions, is expected to have a range of over 700 kilometers.

View attachment 56910
Air to air? Against AWACS.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,378
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I remember that Erdogan said that the CENK and the GEZGIN will be announced soon a couple of months ago ... Huge news honestly, the pace is extraordinary! Roketsan is really doing a huge job! CENK MRBM incoming🚀

If I am not mistaken Roketsan is also working on HGV.

Top Bottom