Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,136
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is my favorite project of all the loitering munition/smart munition projects.
Same here mate. TB2 wrecked havoc with MAM-L, which weighs 20 something kg overall, whereas Alpagut has 11 kg warhead, just imagine the possibilities. And Anka is even better as it can carry 6 of these, unless I'm mistaken.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
40 2,833
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1723827526894.png

it was stated that ALPAGUT has onboard TV/ IIR seeker

1723829274817.png

-Yet from the picture definitly I cant see an EO system or gimbal, we may speculate that ALPAGUT MAY have a passive Rf seeker option as well??? :devilish: which makes total sense since Mobile and Stationary Air Defence Systems and Radars are among ALPAGUT's primary targets. Eventhough, at first 60+ km & 60+ min may seem like a limitation for loitering time and distance with a passive Rf seeker lets say when you compare it with KARGI, may still be effective and deadly

-we know that ALPAGUT can be used in single or swarm configurations and imagine a mix swarm of TV/ IIR seeker and passive Rf seeker ALPAGUTs :devilish:

-Or this specific ALPAGUT is may be only for test purposes??? I mean initial seperation ....fall..... flight tests ???

and even more suprisingly no erection jokes yet

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,565
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kara Atmaca/Atmaca UM(ER) test, finally revealed. Range is 280+km with a 250kg warhead. See the more angular canister to maybe differentiate. Not exactly sure but the TEL looks to be either Koluman Derman or another Mercedes Arocs based frame.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,455
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kara Atmaca/Atmaca UM(ER) test, finally revealed. Range is 280+km with a 250kg warhead. See the more angular canister to maybe differentiate. Not exactly sure but the TEL looks to be either Koluman Derman or another Mercedes Arocs based frame.

Does the land version have RF seeker or IIR, in the video they put some protection on the top. Or did Roketsan managed to makeHybride seeker because land version can engage sea platforms.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 11,002
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A vital project that will literally quantum leap our A2AD capacity beyond our territorial waters. When we consider these extra long-range and super sea skimmin heavy warhead missiles with state-of-the-art network-centric warfare capability, the deterrence will be significant. I don't know how many Atmaca-Land batteries will be set up, but I hope that they will be ordered in such high numbers that no naval diplomacy can be conducted in the Eastern Mediterranean and Black Sea without its name being mentioned.

Also, apart from the enormous contribution that the Atmaca system has made and will make to our military capacity in terms of direct firepower, the increase in industrial capacity provided by the R&D activities on a subsystem basis is at least as important as the weapon system itself. In this sense, the KTJ3700, which came to life thanks to KALE's R&D efforts, officially takes us to the next level in our indigenous turbojet solutions.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,565
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does the land version have RF seeker or IIR, in the video they put some protection on the top. Or did Roketsan managed to makeHybride seeker because land version can engage sea platforms.
I'd think from the protective cover that it should be an IIR seeker at the least. I'd think they'd remove the cover before locking it up in the canister however and we don't see it. Which makes me think maybe they didn't want us to see it yet.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
30 14,111
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'd think from the protective cover that it should be an IIR seeker at the least. I'd think they'd remove the cover before locking it up in the canister however and we don't see it. Which makes me think maybe they didn't want us to see it yet.
GVP_hrDW4AAeuFb

Protective cover of IIR seeker is on the top if you zoom you can see the IIR seeker.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
30 14,111
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kara Atmaca carries ~100kg more fuel compared to Atmaca this amount alone is enough to carry the missile to a range of 250+km.
FYI KTJ-3700 consumes 414,4 kg of fuel per hour at full thrust and sea level static conditions.
0.9 mach= 1100km/h at sea level. If you run the engine for 30 mins it will carry this missile to 500+km easily.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,565
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
GVP_hrDW4AAeuFb

Protective cover of IIR seeker is on the top if you zoom you can see the IIR seeker.
I'm pretty sure that is the canister's own cover and not the protective cover we saw on the seeker in the video. Great screenshot capture however as it confirms it indeed has an IIR seeker like Roketsan previously shared for the missile.

It has INS, GPS, TRN and IIR. Should be more than enough. Remember, Kara Atmaca is for the land forces use and is designed for striking "Stationary Targets [Strategic Land Targets, Sam Batteries, Stationary / Mobile Launchers]". It is different than the Atmaca ASM that will be used on the navy's Barbaros Coastal Defence System. We'll see if we'll see a future RF seeker Atmaca ER for surface targets in the future.

And 280km+ range is more than enough discussion to be had re MTCR I think.

godel44

Reactions
8 421
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's interesting that they designate range as 280+ km still even though it's apparently much longer. Either there is an imported subcomponent or, much more likely, we want to export this without an obstacle from MTCR to friendly countries such as Azerbaijan.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
67 31,105
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm pretty sure that is the canister's own cover and not the protective cover we saw on the seeker in the video. Great screenshot capture however as it confirms it indeed has an IIR seeker like Roketsan previously shared for the missile.

It has INS, GPS, TRN and IIR. Should be more than enough. Remember, Kara Atmaca is for the land forces use and is designed for striking "Stationary Targets [Strategic Land Targets, Sam Batteries, Stationary / Mobile Launchers]". It is different than the Atmaca ASM that will be used on the navy's Barbaros Coastal Defence System. We'll see if we'll see a future RF seeker Atmaca ER for surface targets in the future.

And 280km+ range is more than enough discussion to be had re MTCR I think.
We can say that Land based Atmaca is a project at an operative level, even if it is not as strategic as Gezgin. Therefore, we do not necessarily need to sell it. In this state, it would be a very good tool for us to intimidate (just like the Tayfun ballistic missile).

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom