BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 982
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Even if Turkey becomes a top 3 superpower and a joint Turkic military is established, I still don't think Turkey would leave NATO.

The US is nervous about rising Turkish military power, but at the same time it needs Turkey in the alliance. The truth is that the longer Turkey is in NATO the more important and powerful it becomes in the alliance. Eventually it will play a leading role if it plays its cards right. That means Turkey will have a lot of leverage in Europe.

Back to the topic of missiles, I think Turkey isn't far from making ICBMs. Not that it matters too much, they're just for mutually assured destruction... I'm more interested on the shorter range solutions which can be used in realistic scenarios.

Gezgin in particular is one I'm excited for. I'm also wondering if Cenk/Tayfun or their derivatives will be capable of striking ships? Assuming that they could, the damage from one of these strikes would render an aircraft carrier useless. Saturating the air defences would be the hard part.
With modern tech , SAMs can make BM useless but what Turkiye should do is equip BM at least modern ones like CENK & tayfun with chafs like fighter aircrafts or just like Russia did and increase success to bypass enemy SAMs . But until now no news about Turkiye BM anti SAMs capability

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom