Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Ikinci about Levent:

• In addition to IIR Sungur missiles in Levent, Passive/Rf seeker missiles
  • First trials will commence next year(2023)
  • Stand alone and integrated to ships radar functions.
  • Close air defence role on fixed Land installations (CRAM and point defence role)

I think Levent(Kara) variant will be the strongest candidate to be Turkiye's IronDome.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,408
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
When they make the booster of SIPER thinner and longer with stronger booster the range will hit to 150km with out a problem. The booster they used on the latest test of SIPER is to big.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,604
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
When they make the booster of SIPER thinner and longer with stronger booster the range will hit to 150km with out a problem. The booster they used on the latest test of SIPER is to big.
It is the OG siper, not Rf with booster

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to Ibrahim Sunnetci, the original Siper missile (not the one that is Hisar-RF + booster) will be quadpacked. This original missile that is without a booster is supposed to have a range of 150 km in the land version so the naval version should be comparable. He also said that the Siper missiles would be integrated at a later step, so TCG Istanbul might have only quadpacked ESSM/Hisar in the beginning.

Quadpacking long-range missiles will be a huge technical achievement. In I-class, The Navy most likely sees the target picture as 32 point defense missiles (ESSM or Hisar-RF) plus 32 long-range Siper for area defense. This makes an extremely solid air defense ship in the Mediterranean and certainly outstrips anything Turkish Navy currently has. We are getting a lot of mileage out of this small tonnage frigate.

Best combination of domestic missiles on 16xMIDAS on I class frigate.

32xHisar-Rf
32xSiper-D Blk1
21 cell Levent-Rf (option! instead of Gökdeniz CIWS on remaining 3 I class)

Take a look at the power multiplier that a 113m ship will create. Now, combine the capabilities of all these platforms in same network
  • TT Assault Boat (1x Levent)
  • Istif class frigate (16x MIDAS +1x Levent or Gökdeniz)
  • NG Frigate (design phase) (Likely 32x MIDAS + 1x Levent and/or Gökdeniz)
  • Tf2000 destroyer (Waiting for final steps) (64X MIDAS + Levent-Gökdeniz)

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,604
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Since Tcg Istanbul will be put into service on September 6, 2023, we should see the Siper-D missile and MDLAS VLS in 2023.
I hope so, İstif with 16 VLS (64 missiles) will be a lot different than European launchers.

Now, FREMM can use 32 long range Aster 30s with having 6000 tons of displacement while our I class with half of it can carry the same amount of long range and 32 mid range.

Tho with Siper-D, İstif may need newer radars, maybe ÇAFRAD can be put to some extent?

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
We may have to look for config like:

- 8 cell = 8 siper blk 1 (100km)
- 4 cell = 16 siper blk1 without booster (40km)
- 4 cell = 16 ESSM

40missiles, not bad
you are in mistake

Siper without booster have 100km
with booster 150km +

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
AFAIK, on the last test in which Siper achieved 100 km range, missile had a booster.
1. There is no prove about 100km and with booster
2. In the same class with same dimensions missiles have 100km.
3.Turkiye already have know how, have skilled engineers, have knowledge about fuels used on missile, have Library as input .................etc. I want to say that Siper have 100km+

I will give you example for compare
have a look picture and link for more info
Barak 8 missile

1662666659294.png

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,050
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1. There is no prove about 100km and with booster
2. In the same class with same dimensions missiles have 100km.
3.Turkiye already have know how, have skilled engineers, have knowledge about fuels used on missile, have Library as input .................etc. I want to say that Siper have 100km+

I will give you example for compare
have a look picture and link for more info
Barak 8 missile

View attachment 47560

This is a difficult example, I hope we have reached these levels. With similar diameter, weight and length..

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is a difficult example, I hope we have reached these levels. With similar diameter, weight and length..
we have
We already started and learned how to reach range
Lot of years development -> Test -> analysis of data with planed model -> Test again........................repeated so many times

Sungur family
Hisar family
Siper is just expansion

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,055
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
This rather can be a loitering type of torpedo, running on an ideal speed with passive motion modes to track & hunt.

Then this question arises, UUV project has been around for a decade or so but why wasn't there any proper studies on underwater autonomous motion and related mission planning-decision making?
Smart buoys with passive sonar or mini sonar capability to create a network centric coverage. Enabling quick identification and targetting of enemy vessels for loitering ammo… I don’t think anyone has this thought this. And if someone creates a scientific network first then TAF will realize the potential.

Top Bottom