Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,828
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
That ban was important. In theory the notion of having freedom to wear hijab etc is all fine but what happens is pressure is placed on girls to wear it. So in fact for most the freedom becomes curtailed. They have to wear it or they get called all sort of names. My sister faced this so know what happens. My placing that ban you create a situation where maturity sets in a after the ban removal real choice can be exercised.

I understand that. But not allowing the girls into a university because a scarf imo is setting them back.

But that is because I consider it their free choice to begin with.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I understand that. But not allowing the girls into a university because a scarf imo is setting them back.
This whole subject probably deserves a thread but female clothing is a emotive issue. Personally I find burqa a instrument of female abuse but equally I find young girls walking out of a nearby Catholic Primary school wearing mini-skirts abuse. I can't quite fathom the logic of both ends of spectrum. Locking the female body because of roving male eyes or exposing the female to provoke rampant sexual desire in girl students.

N

Null/Void

Exactly! Unfortunately ppl like Babacan who were in favour of secularism helped AKP. Because it was for the good of Turkey. In 2007-2008 AKP called it moderate political islam. Big failure. They’ve been riding the wave since then. A coup in 2016 just strenghtened them a bit. But economy going down will change things
The AKP seems to be the equivalent of our Republican Party in the US it's a center right party that is dominated by big business but politically advantageous to Moderate Islamists and Evangelical Christians respectively Big Business donors dominate from NY,DC and Houston in the US while fly over country or midwest is religious conservatives just like in Turkey Big Business dominates from Istanbul religious conservatives in the Central Anatolian and Eastern Turkey
That ban was important. In theory the notion of having freedom to wear hijab etc is all fine but what happens is pressure is placed on girls to wear it. So in fact for most the freedom becomes curtailed. They have to wear it or they get called all sort of names. My sister faced this so know what happens. My placing that ban you create a situation where maturity sets in a after the ban removal real choice can be exercised.
Hmm I don't know I think it's the opposite by banning hijabs it leads to them turning into a case of oppression by liberal bougouieis class as for Turkey the headscarf bans only dated back to the late 1970s when Turkey was hotbed of leftist-rightist insurgency as it was right on the Soviet periphery the ban became more strengthened after the 1980 coup but the same coup also allowed the growth of Islamists in Turkey as they were used against the Turkish left wing

N

Null/Void

But that is because I consider it their free choice to begin with.

This whole subject probably deserves a thread but female clothing is a emotive issue. Personally I find burqa a instrument of female abuse but equally I find young girls walking out of a nearby Catholic Primary school wearing mini-skirts abuse. I can't quite fathom the logic of both ends of spectrum. Locking the female body because of roving male eyes or exposing the female to provoke rampant sexual desire in girl students.
I have a simple solution and it's already implemented in Post Soviet Turkmenistan by Arkadag aka Turkmenbashi Guganbuly Beckmevdov Burqas are banned and mini skirts are banned but Turkemen women look cute and pretty in their long dresses
turkmen-ssr-ussr-moskva-state-farm-young-cotton-growers-EK2YJW.jpg
k01jpg.jpg
Independence_Day_Parade_-_Flickr_-_Kerri-Jo_(251).jpg

JK Well kind off Turkmenistan is basically Post Soviet North Korea

@Kaptaan @Saithan

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,366
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I nver liked French brands from cars to clothes. So welcome join the club (y) .

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
117 14,903
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
How about Renault??
ok some models are made in Turkey. But French company is taking it’s share of the profits.
This whole move is directed towards the electorate. Empty actions. If you want to get your voice heard, then you put the state’s and Turkish government’s weight behind it. Otherwlse it is “gas light”!

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
After reading many comments I would think Macron was an angel. I gave up for a moment after thinking about what happened in Syria, Libya, Iraq, the Mediterranean and Azerbaijan.

Oublious

Experienced member
Reactions
7 4,366
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
After reading many comments I would think Macron was an angel. I gave up for a moment after thinking about what happened in Syria, Libya, Iraq, the Mediterranean and Azerbaijan.

ther hate against Erdogan is more then to France...

aqm.... :LOL:

Oublious

Experienced member
Reactions
7 4,366
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
this should not make Macron innocent.

Didn't you read it, Turkish economy could crash as long Erdogan is in power so people would chose somebody else :D . I don't want to make my buttons dirty, these people are talking about education and looks like we say in Turkish 'kitap yuklu esek' make them ignorants.

Deztructoid

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How about Renault??
ok some models are made in Turkey. But French company is taking it’s share of the profits.
This whole move is directed towards the electorate. Empty actions. If you want to get your voice heard, then you put the state’s and Turkish government’s weight behind it. Otherwlse it is “gas light”!
This, exactly. As long as those clowns in their palace don’t do anything and keep barking like dogs, I won’t stop buying french products

tta

Reactions
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Turkey
French foreign policy around the world since 17. century is self explanatory that why France is a most disliked country. And if we lived in a just world all the policy makers would be in courts getting life sentences and maybe worst.

I hate using religion in state bussines.

I also hate religion specially Islam but that's my personal issue and I can't force my view on people. But I can demand more secular society and state!

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,828
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have a simple solution and it's already implemented in Post Soviet Turkmenistan by Arkadag aka Turkmenbashi Guganbuly Beckmevdov Burqas are banned and mini skirts are banned but Turkemen women look cute and pretty in their long dresses View attachment 4951 View attachment 4952 View attachment 4953

JK Well kind off Turkmenistan is basically Post Soviet North Korea

@Kaptaan @Saithan
That’s how Turkish women wear their headscarf. Like my mother. there are more conservative types that wear hijab. Burqa was introduced by Arabs I think.

N

Null/Void

That’s how Turkish women wear their headscarf. Like my mother. there are more conservative types that wear hijab. Burqa was introduced by Arabs I think.
Its same scarf I noticed older women wear in the Balkans,Caucasus and Central Asia

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,828
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Didn't you read it, Turkish economy could crash as long Erdogan is in power so people would chose somebody else :D . I don't want to make my buttons dirty, these people are talking about education and looks like we say in Turkish 'kitap yuklu esek' make them ignorants.
Reis Bashing Macron for what he did was ok, but verbally supporting a ban on goods, just shakes up the economic stability. It has reached a point where Reis opening his mouth makes Turks even poorer.

He’s not getting praised for doing the right thing, but bashing for doing the wrong thing. He should learn from Putin, that man doesn’t seem to open his mouth at all.

It ürür kervan yürür 🤗

Top Bottom