Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Reis Bashing Macron for what he did was ok, but verbally supporting a ban on goods, just shakes up the economic stability. It has reached a point where Reis opening his mouth makes Turks even poorer.

He’s not getting praised for doing the right thing, but bashing for doing the wrong thing. He should learn from Putin, that man doesn’t seem to open his mouth at all.

It ürür kervan yürür 🤗

Turkish president dares U.S. to impose economic sanctions​

Oh well... @Costin84

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,911
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Oh well... @Costin84
He probably got tired of dancing with the US, get on with it, we’re growing old as we wait.

Well, it’ll make life miserable for many Turk probably and give RTE more populistic backin.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania

Oh well... @Costin84
He's on a roll by appealing to the simpletons as a strong man while destroying Turkey s economy but the wellbeing of its citizens doesn't matter to him......you have to chuckle at his pissing against the wind strategy....."here's my biggest investor and trade partner, let's boycott him!" Lol

N

Null/Void

Statement came after rebels got killed in Russian airstrike. Erdogan is the master of changing the agenda of the country.
Erdogan is the one dude that gambles wins then gambles bigly again loses badly

tta

Reactions
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Turkey
No one should like the Frogs as they are by far the most degenerate and materialistic bunch in the world but I am curious to ask as a Turk how do you see your country moving forward after Erdogan

I mean there are a lot of illiterate and bigoted people in country. We need reforms in religion. Get rid offcompletely if we can. Our justice system is another problem. We need to work on that.

If we can survive after all these issues we need to stop being USA's fail politic guard in Syria and stop protecting terrorists. We need to leave Idlib but in the meantime secure our borders against pkk/ypg.

We need to continue making our rightful case in East Mediterranean.

After that we should try to be self sufficient country in energy and arms. Neutral against EU, USA and Russia.
Enemy against Arap World and Iran
Friend of Israel and Turkish countries but mostly Azerbaijan (not panturkish)

D

dBSPL

French consulate of Turkey warned its citizens to be avoided from the public areas because of the risk of terrorist attacks.

N

Null/Void

I mean there are a lot of illiterate and bigoted people in country. We need reforms in religion. Get rid offcompletely if we can. Our justice system is another problem. We need to work on that.

If we can survive after all these issues we need to stop being USA's fail politic guard in Syria and stop protecting terrorists. We need to leave Idlib but in the meantime secure our borders against pkk/ypg.

We need to continue making our rightful case in East Mediterranean.

After that we should try to be self sufficient country in energy and arms. Neutral against EU, USA and Russia.
Enemy against Arap World and Iran
Friend of Israel and Turkish countries but mostly Azerbaijan (not panturkish)
Do you have hope for Turkey's future and what's your thoughts of ties with Pakistan as well

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,119
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont understand why this is an announcement?

The average citizens actions will most likely hurt Turkish companies.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
That’s how Turkish women wear their headscarf. Like my mother. there are more conservative types that wear hijab. Burqa was introduced by Arabs I think.
My mum actually, normally does not have headscarf on her head but has a scarf [dopatta] that is made of very thin semi-transparent matarial which is draped around her neck but will place it on her head in some circumstances. This is more or less same with my wife but my daughter does not have a headscarf but sometimes uses a hat but that is more fashion then religious driven. The only request I make to her is the dress should be moderate. If that is done by western clothing or traditional Pakistani Shalwar Kameez I am not bothered.

bsruzm

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I read a Tunisian article that is titled ''Laughing cow ... does it keep laughing?'' :ROFLMAO:

N

Null/Void

My mum actually, normally does not have headscarf on her head but has a scarf [dopatta] that is made of very thin semi-transparent matarial which is draped around her neck but will place it on her head in some circumstances. This is more or less same with my wife but my daughter does not have a headscarf but sometimes uses a hat but that is more fashion then religious driven. The only request I make to her is the dress should be moderate. If that is done by western clothing or traditional Pakistani Shalwar Kameez I am not bothered.
When my mom and dad were together my mom wore mostly modest clothing obviously western but on occasion Pakistani as for my relatives most wear the traditional clothing as you mentioned or modest clothing but no hijab nor do I know one of my relatives wear one

E

ekemenirtu

Boycott at a public level rarely has much impact. If the product is good, people will buy it. It may dent the market for some time but, that's about it. For any impact, let the government take action. Which they are not going to, France has the full weight of the EU behind them.

EU is mostly irrelevant. Russia alone is more than a match for the entire EU.

Most products on the list are not very high tech and can be easily replaced by many countries. Not bad if a boycott stimulates domestic production. For all you know, Turkey may start generating sustained trade surpluses after years of trade deficits.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,163
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
French foreign policy around the world since 17. century is self explanatory that why France is a most disliked country. And if we lived in a just world all the policy makers would be in courts getting life sentences and maybe worst.

I hate using religion in state bussines.

I also hate religion specially Islam but that's my personal issue and I can't force my view on people. But I can demand more secular society and state!

Only the state can be secular not the society.

Religion will always be relevant in a society no matter what.

Forced secularisation backfires just like what we saw in Iran and Afghanistan.

Hence why you have two fanatical regimes. When you force secularisation it creates a reactionary force.

Top Bottom