Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I've had two Audis in my life both of them lit up like a christmas tree on the instrument panel, they were not older vehicles either. I've also heard similar stories from everyone I've known to have owned an Audi. So I stay away. Lovely exterior/interior, sucky electronics.
Were these ''British'' style Audis(leftside steering)?

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Right side steering here in the UK, but also a friends in Canada, Turkey and Netherlands had similar issues too - so not specific to driving positions.
Yeah,i meant right side.
Thats strange,in my family we drive Audis for years now,never had any issues.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
@Vergennes Will Macron be a candidate in 2022?

Of course he will. We are most likely (unless a surprise) going to see a remake of the 2017 election with Macron and Marine Le Pen in the secound round. This time however it isn't certain Macron is going to win. Last polls are giving Macron a very short victory,52% vs 48%. (In 2017 it was 66% vs 34%)

Things can still change til next year,but I expect a high abstention rate in the second round,there might be a surprise Le Pen victory....

"Isn't there an alternative ?" The classical left and right are too much divided right now to pose a serious "threat",but things can still change.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Of course he will. We are most likely (unless a surprise) going to see a remake of the 2017 election with Macron and Marine Le Pen in the secound round. This time however it isn't certain Macron is going to win. Last polls are giving Macron a very short victory,52% vs 48%. (In 2017 it was 66% vs 34%)

Things can still change til next year,but I expect a high abstention rate in the second round,there might be a surprise Le Pen victory....

"Isn't there an alternative ?" The classical left and right are too much divided right now to pose a serious "threat",but things can still change.
So, are we nearing a Frexit if support for Le Pen is so high?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,827
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
btw, I think someone forgot to add Dacia and Renault on the list of French goods to boycot at the beginning :p

meh, ppl driving audi.... that's so expensive, how can you afford buying one in the first place.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,130
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
btw, I think someone forgot to add Dacia and Renault on the list of French goods to boycot at the beginning :p

meh, ppl driving audi.... that's so expensive, how can you afford buying one in the first place.

Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,570
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Still the same,havent been to France since last year(spring),boycotting France!!!

Haven’t received/given a French kiss for months now! If Tayyip Baba wants I will boycott everything French for as long as he says!

ps Damn I am so lonely... 😢

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,130
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Haven’t received/given a French kiss for months now! If Tayyip Baba wants I will boycott everything French for as long as he says!

ps Damn I am so lonely... 😢

Im willing to boycott France except for their girls 🤣🤣

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
So, are we nearing a Frexit if support for Le Pen is so high?

Marine Le Pen and her party aren't talking about Frexit now but for in-depth reform of the European institutions,reduce the legislative power of the Brussel commission,reforming the treaties so to transform the EU to an European alliance of nation states.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Marine Le Pen and her party aren't talking about Frexit now but for in-depth reform of the European institutions,reduce the legislative power of the Brussel commission,reforming the treaties so to transform the EU to an European alliance of nation states.
It actually sounds reasonable

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Great choice between molested young man and french version of magda goebells.
Always funny how a right wing politician in Europe is a fascist while in other countries he's a hero. There's no difference between Le Pen and Erdogan.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,899
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Always funny how a right wing politician in Europe is a fascist while in other countries he's a hero. There's no difference between Le Pen and Erdogan.
You are totally wrong! There is a big difference. One is a nationalist to the degree of being racist. The other doesn’t even know which side their inclination is. Their motto is wherever the wind is blowing nice from and advantageous, that is the side to be in favour of.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
You are totally wrong! There is a big difference. One is a nationalist to the degree of being racist. The other doesn’t even know which side their inclination is. Their motto is wherever the wind is blowing nice from and advantageous, that is the side to be in favour of.
Their national context is different so the narative is bound to be different but they're both from the same cloth.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
While the illiterate masses will probably stop buying danone yogurts and la vache qui rit cheese,the elites and the rich of the muslim world will still flock en masse to buy luxury French brands.... :)

View attachment 4949

In many ways ak party supporters deserve this. But like religion, they will never ever accept realities and truths that go against their beliefs.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,899
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Their national context is different so the narative is bound to be different but they're both from the same cloth.
Anybody that preys on people’s nationalist feelings is a crook politician in my eyes. From that point of view they could be the same. But If LePen is as we know her, truly a believer of French Nationalism, then they are very different.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom