Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 14,010
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Konya-based Petromak will produce mobile deep drilling rigs for the Gabar project.

PM3000 - _03.jpg

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 14,010
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Did you guys remember the olive farmer in Manisa who found an oil-like substance? TPAO set up a pumpjack and started trial production from a shallow(200-300m) reservoir. TPAO will drill another shallow well 500m away from the first well and TPAO will conduct gravity and seismic surveys in the area to drill a deep well. The extracted oil is sent to the Aliağa refinery for evaluation. It is reported that the oil is of high quality.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 14,010
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Did you guys remember the olive farmer in Manisa who found an oil-like substance? TPAO set up a pumpjack and started trial production from a shallow(200-300m) reservoir. TPAO will drill another shallow well 500m away from the first well and TPAO will conduct gravity and seismic surveys in the area to drill a deep well. The extracted oil is sent to the Aliağa refinery for evaluation. It is reported that the oil is of high quality.

@Nutuk You might be rich sooner than you expect :)

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,184
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I plan to retire after September 15. What if I buy an olive grove in Salihli? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For some reason, everything in and around Salihli is expensive. Even a decent sized piece of land around our village could have got us double the size in another region next door. And people are not willing to sell to someone if his family is not from the region, so good luck :p

But you can keep the olive oil but leave the black one to us.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 14,010
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wish, I have 3 olive fields in Manisa (merkez) but Salihli is 60km away. Please God (Allahim) I'll be a good boy, make me rich 😁
It seems that the currently exploited shallow reservoir is the result of oil from the deep seeping from the fault cracks and forming smaller, shallow(200-300m deep) reservoirs. If seismic and gravity data ends up being good a deep well similar to Gabar Aybüke Yalçın well will be drilled. The location of the deep well will be determined by those studies so you still have a shot 60km is not that far away direct distance should be even shorter.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,937
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Some countries by their oil reserves(barrel, US EIA)and their rank in the world:

1. Saudi Arabia 258bn
3. Iran 208bn
8. UAE 98bn
9. Russia 80bn
11.US 47bn
16.China 26bn
20.Norway 8bn
22.Azerbaijan 7bn
32.UK 2.5bn
33.Syria 2.5bn
37.Australia 2.4bn

Can we climb this ladder up to Norway? Is the potential there?

1. Venezuela 297 bn!

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 14,010
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Venezuela has an insane amount of oil but unfortunately, it is of low quality. It has high API and looks like mud rather than oil.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 14,010
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How hard/expensive is processing that oil? Can a few billion dollars worth of investment solve that issue?
No, it is a matter of cost, not a technological shortage. Why should I buy your expensive gasoline when I can buy it from another seller for half the price?

Most of the time low-quality oil is mixed with high-quality oil before processing it in the refinery to lower refining costs. Extracting mud-like oil is also expensive so extracting low API oil is expensive, refining is also expensive, the price and the competitive strength of the end product are lower. That is why Gabar oil is valuable.

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,937
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Venezuela has an insane amount of oil but unfortunately, it is of low quality. It has high API and looks like mud rather than oil.
It has same quality as Russian oil. Thats why USA going to import oil from Venezuela.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,941
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TPAO started drilling activities at the Martyr Aybüke Yalçın-2 (ŞAY-2) well in Gabar Mountain.

FwpNEuLXoAE1vEk

FwpNHeAWcAIZf4Z

Approximately 100 wells will be drilled in the zone within 2 years. The Field Development Plan is underway and there is a positive expectation that the total economic reserve size at Gabar will increase further.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom