Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,026
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
It is not a coincidence that I read these same comments last night too - the very same comments you highlighted and I also thought about...

Our enemies LOVE Erdogan because he is the one who managed to divide the nation and who brought all of the economic, demographic and foreign policy problems over Turkey with his corruption and incompetence. Our enemies love it when Turkey is poor, isolated, divided... But after this election I have a lot of hope for the future. Maybe even Erdogan will start understanding his mistakes- when I heard him last night se sounded like a guy who admits his defeat and sometimes this is the first step towards change.

His biggest mistake was allowing millions of refugees into the nation. If it weren't for this, the social, security and economic situation of the nation would've been significantly better today. Miles better.

The real question is, who advised him to keep the borders open? We de-mined our borders and essentially have an open border with Iraq, Iran and Syria to this day. That puny border wall isn't stopping anyone.

I hope that as you said, this election becomes a wake up call.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Do you see how even these bastards see the potential civil war? And with all these illegal aliens from the last decade they will create a pkk 2.0 If this problem isn't solved. I gurantee you that.

Even foreigners understand that this will be a big issue for Turkiye in the future. How people let this happened in the first place is just pure madness.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
The real question is, who advised him to keep the borders open? We de-mined our borders and essentially have an open border with Iraq, Iran and Syria to this day. That puny border wall isn't stopping anyone.

Someone who doesn’t want the well being of this country. But yeah, I also want to now who is it.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
A glitch in the matrix

View attachment 67033
No suprise after majority of new homes built were given to cult members. It is hilarious to me that AKP did not think there wouldn't be consequences for their behaviour especially after the last election. They shit on retirees, shit on earthquake victims and two weeks ago shat on the two of the biggest clubs in Türkiye for some votes in a city that was gonna vote AKP either way.

Whole party is void of any competence, driven out at any angle and opportunity for yes men and women who only care about the money they can make on the back of the citizen of the Republic.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
His biggest mistake was allowing millions of refugees into the nation. If it weren't for this, the social, security and economic situation of the nation would've been significantly better today. Miles better.

I hope that as you said, this election becomes a wake up call.

Who advised him? It wasn't anyone inside Türkiye, that I can tell you :).

He got paid to de-mine the borders, he got paid to host millions of syrians, he got paid to open the borders of millions of pakistanis and afghans. As long as his and his families pockets were full he didn't care.

This country is wasting billions every year feeding and taking care of 8-10 millions illegals. A country of 80 million people is doing this, did anyone truly think the economy wasn't going to go to shits?

Pakistan got destabilized because they took in over a million afghans, a country with the population almost three times of Türkiye.

All these things are linked together, you won't start seeing improvements until the majority of illegals are deported back to their countries.

He also purged anyone competent inside the party pretty much, as much as I dislike anyone who belonged to this party in the past the majority of its senior members were actually educated, nowadays he is surrounded by online trolls who are after the money and don't care about the consequences.

Just look at the candidates he had to choose for the two biggest cities in the country. Tells enough doesn't it.

Even the current ministers are subpar.

And there is talk going around he will exchange his cabinet, again, as if that will change anything.

Erdogan is not willing to tackle the issues of this country at their roots because he benefits from them. And because of that nothing will change.

Slayer

Reactions
1 188
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
A man whose sole qualification is being able to recite the Quran has led this country for decades. Only in Turkiye.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,634
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Summarised version of a long previously deleted post
That is truly why Erdogan is a master of Turkish politics
I was one of those who thought that Erdogan would throw a tantrum and try to use his authority to block or cheat in the election but he proved why he is a masterclass

Erdogan controls the majority of the media, this is ridiculous

The airtime given to AKP compared to opposition says everything, there are hundreds of points like this. Did state owned TRT even interview the opposition? There social media is all AKP.

Yusuf Erim is just a TRT editor, he owes his job to AKP and will never criticise them, he is just a yes man

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,389
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Summarised version of a long previously deleted post
That is truly why Erdogan is a master of Turkish politics
I was one of those who thought that Erdogan would throw a tantrum and try to use his authority to block or cheat in the election but he proved why he is a masterclass

Politicians who compete at highest level of national and international politics are all genius in some sense. No matter how much we deslike them, they wouldn't be where they are now if they weren't great strategists in their relevant context. In this case, President Erdogan who is holding onto power for more than 2 decades contiuesly. And it is uniquely difficult because unlike many others, Türkiye has free and fair democratic process.

However, it is also a disappointment that for a man like him, if he is really concerned with the wellbeing of Turkish state, he doesn't seem to understand that, State is bigger than one man. Not only in principle but also very much in practice. That means, one cannot have too much executive power and interfere with almost everything. Some relevant state institutions need to function autonomously to arrange, organize and manage matters of highest complexities and critical importances for the state regardless of which political party is in power. That is pretty much the one of the foundational requirement for an advanced and developed country. Türkiye isn't quite there yet. And from my readings, I understand many feels under president Erdogan's leadership Türkiye didn't progress in that direction. Instead many state institutions has been politicized and some even backslid. Maybe this election would be a wake up call for him and his party as some are hoping. We will see.

TSKlove

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Politicians who compete at highest level of national and international politics are all genius in some sense. No matter how much we deslike them, they wouldn't be where they are now if they weren't great strategists in their relevant context. In this case, President Erdogan who is holding onto power for more than 2 decades contiuesly. And it is uniquely difficult because unlike many others, Türkiye has free and fair democratic process.

However, it is also a disappointment that for a man like him, if he is really concerned with the wellbeing of Turkish state, he doesn't seem to understand that, State is bigger than one man, not only in principle but also very much in practice. That means, one cannot have too much executive power and interfere with almost everything. Some relevant state institutions need to function autonomously to arrange, organize and manage matters of highest complexities and critical importances for the state regardless of which political party is in power. That is pretty much the one of the foundation requirement for an advanced and developed country. Türkiye isn't quite there yet. And from my readings, I understand many feels under president Erdogan's leadership Türkiye didn't progress in that direction. Instead many state institutions has been politicized and some even backslid. Maybe this election would be a wake up call for him and his party as some are hoping. We will see.
Exactly. That is why Germany, the US, France and so on are so stable. A change of government doesn't have a huge impact on their state policies or at least not so much like in Türkiye.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,730
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mehmet Kemal Yazıcıoğlu, the son of the late Governor Recep Yazıcıoğlu, who was probably one of the most beloved civil servants in recent Turkish history and remains one of the symbols of the bureaucracy after all these years, was elected mayor of Tokat with 55% of the votes. If Recep Yazıcıoğlu had not lost his life in a tragic and suspicious accident, Turkish recent political history could have been written very differently... I hope that his son will not only keep his father's memory alive but also take it further, and I wish him success in his political life.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Erdogan controls the majority of the media, this is ridiculous

The airtime given to AKP compared to opposition says everything, there are hundreds of points like this. Did state owned TRT even interview the opposition? There social media is all AKP.

Yusuf Erim is just a TRT editor, he owes his job to AKP and will never criticise them, he is just a yes man
First of all, it seems to me that your facts are outdated

Most of the new generation in Turkey is using social media as their primary news source, particularly Twitter which is heavily controlled by CHP-funded sites amd this is a widely known fact

Moreover, while State does control lots of TV channels, it became increasingly unpopular during the recent years and even the channels being promoted by the state such as Sabah etc.. are perceived as untrustworthy by the public

In other words, the CHP controls the social media warfare which is the primary source of news for at least 50% of the Turkish voterbase.....

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,506
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Most of the new generation in Turkey is using social media as their primary news source, particularly Twitter which is heavily controlled by CHP-funded sites amd this is a widely known fact

Moreover, while State does control lots of TV channels, it became increasingly unpopular during the recent years and even the channels being promoted by the state such as Sabah etc.. are perceived as untrustworthy by the public

In other words, the CHP controls the social media warfare which is the primary source of news for at least 50% of the Turkish voterbase.....
I hope Fahrettin Altun forgives you for these statements 😅

Crush716

Committed member
Reactions
1 427
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
How is twitter controlled by CHP?
He can’t answer that question with facts or sources because there is no way to know. There is no way of measuring it with accuracy whatsoever. He’s just throwing mud hoping it sticks. Only fools or by partisans will believe that %50 controlled by CHP nonsense. The only fact is trolls exist on all side and you can’t never gauge the percentage

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,634
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

AKP got angry with twitter when Twitter started removing all their troll army bot accounts.

For a while, whenever twitter talked about bot removal, it was China, Russia and Turkey, Turkey was one of the most active bot countries!

This thread exposes how 'pretty women's profiles are used to push AKP propaganda

Also that time an AKP member was pretending to be a female, merhaba Yeliz

😂

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,958
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mehmet Kemal Yazıcıoğlu, the son of the late Governor Recep Yazıcıoğlu, who was probably one of the most beloved civil servants in recent Turkish history and remains one of the symbols of the bureaucracy after all these years, was elected mayor of Tokat with 55% of the votes. If Recep Yazıcıoğlu had not lost his life in a tragic and suspicious accident, Turkish recent political history could have been written very differently... I hope that his son will not only keep his father's memory alive but also take it further, and I wish him success in his political life.
Nationalists have to gather up again under one roof, that senile fool Bahceli ruined the party and burned a lot of bridges internally, once a big player in Turkish politics to currently AKP's chihuahua. Mehmet Kemal Yazicioglu is probably the best option for the future leader of MHP, young, popular, his father was a important figure...

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom