neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 985
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is shared here Because It has 2 key news. Somebody should share it in English here;

First one, Altay local engine BATU's first prototype is gonna be ignite in 2021.

Secondly, 900-1200 hp/675 kw local engine (UTKU) and its transmission is gonna be ignite/test in 2021. This engine/transmission is gonna used in next generantion armored vehicle projects.

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Too bad getting in the show is restricted to professionals.
I would particularly get my hands on pistols, which you can not really experience online.
I've had to pleasure of visiting the IDEF17 and IDEF19. One of the biggest disappointments of the pandemic for me is the fact that I will miss IDEF21.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Suppose the BMC engine Batu will be satisfactory, what about the transmission system? Do we have a suitable transmission??

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
ErcR9yjXYAAFLHZ.jpg

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good news! But do they have a matching transmission? That is almost as important as the engine if not more difficult to match to such a powerful engine.

The projects are not solely about development of turbo-diesel engine but powerpack program containing transmission as well. I believe The engine + transmission will be revealed together.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm wondering whether BMC get assistance for it or fully developed by their own. But I guess first option is more realistic.

Bro, Best thing to do is to wait official announcement of institutes instead of talking about strategic projects in early period. 👍🏼

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,843
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The projects are not solely about development of turbo-diesel engine but powerpack program containing transmission as well. I believe The engine + transmission will be revealed together.
If Batu picture is the one seen below then there is a transmission there.

Attachments

• 38EDB77A-27DF-419F-96E8-D860C623AD1E.jpeg
    38EDB77A-27DF-419F-96E8-D860C623AD1E.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 132

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope we can make transmission. Even koreans failed with the years of production experience.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,208
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm wondering whether BMC get assistance for it or fully developed by their own. But I guess first option is more realistic.
Both options are equally possible. I wish the latter happens.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom