Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
When do these engines suppose to finish?
The engines themselves are ready but the problem is in the transmission system to be coupled with these systems. BMC Power had difficulty with such transmissions but recent TheInsider post indicates that the transmission itself is near completion. Probably the powerpack (engine + transmission) will be integrated into the Altay by 2024

There is good news about the BATU powerpack. The engine satisfied all of the requirements on the bench runs. Bench tests of the transmission progressed a lot and coupled tests are expected to start. This is the last step before integrating the powerpack prototype into the tank. It seems that the target date of 2024 will be realized.
BMC Power has been doing a lot of good stuff lately
Hopefully Turkey will finally gain independence from Western embargoes on land platforms; particularly, filthy Germany

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
The engines themselves are ready but the problem is in the transmission system to be coupled with these systems. BMC Power had difficulty with such transmissions but recent TheInsider post indicates that the transmission itself is near completion. Probably the powerpack (engine + transmission) will be integrated into the Altay by 2024

BMC Power has been doing a lot of good stuff lately
Hopefully Turkey will finally gain independence from Western embargoes on land platforms; particularly, filthy Germany
aha the answer was just one post above 🤦‍♂️

Btw, can Batu engine be coupled with renk transmission?

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Btw, can Batu engine be coupled with renk transmission?
I was wondering the same thing but also can’t help but think about the German embargo. So, I’m wondering if we should even do it.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 970
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is good news about the BATU powerpack. The engine satisfied all of the requirements on the bench runs. Bench tests of the transmission progressed a lot and coupled tests are expected to start. This is the last step before integrating the powerpack prototype into the tank. It seems that the target date of 2024 will be realized.
Were you on Ankara or Adapazarı event of BMC today, By any chance?

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was wondering the same thing but also can’t help but think about the German embargo. So, I’m wondering if we should even do it.
Like if we it can be do we can start the engine test earlier, until the local transmission is ready. I suppose we should have some MTU engines and Renk transmissions.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Forget about Renk and MTU guys and focus on our own tech. I'm sure our engineers can do it better sooner or later. When we managed to do it locally they'll offer it theirselves with a bitchface. I and this little finger can't wait for that day.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think bmc's engine can meet the requirements. We do not make water engines, how many countries in the world can do it? Does Bmc have such an infrastructure and experience? We should increase investments and support Tümosan.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 970
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think bmc's engine can meet the requirements. We do not make water engines, how many countries in the world can do it? Does Bmc have such an infrastructure and experience? We should increase investments and support Tümosan.
If Engines weren't up to spec Army wouldn't accept them. TSK is rigorous testing new products, I remind everyone how long it took Anka to get accepted by our armed forces. If they say OK then it is good in my book.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Atak-2 will use the Ukrainian engine TEI is also proposing a new turboshaft derived from the TF-6000 core as an alternative.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good news but is there any progress on "fuel pump, oil pump, gearboxes and so on", I wish they would have asked that as well.
I don't think TEI should waste time with those accessories. TEI should outsource those accessories from companies like Alp Havacılık etc.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
23 2,027
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think TEI should waste time with those accessories. TEI should outsource those accessories from companies like Alp Havacılık etc.
What really surprised me was that TEI company has not done this until now. Has TEI encountered the same problems in the TS-1400 project? Or did the accessories issue occur with the TF6000 engine?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom