Reactions
21 18,742
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 64123
View attachment 64124

Can you see the likeness between the two engines in these two pictures?
We were expecting TF6000 to be fired.
TEI is advertising TF10000.
Now that would be a very nice New Year present to the nation if it were true.
All that waiting for TF6000 and now they’ve changed it to TF10000. How long are we going to wait for that one ?

I would prefer proof of production of TF6000 and installed on a ucav or whatever platform and conducted tests.

remember how Japan made their own 5th gen, but didn’t produce more than one, we’re not even doing the same but proceeding to next level.

Thus I consider this propoganda material. If people don’t believe in our defense sector, it’s because of poor PR and proof. Well nothing new there we don’t understand marketing.

even if costs 50 million usd to fit TF6000 into a platform and fly with it. That’s the money you have to spend!

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
All that waiting for TF6000 and now they’ve changed it to TF10000. How long are we going to wait for that one ?

I would prefer proof of production of TF6000 and installed on a ucav or whatever platform and conducted tests.

remember how Japan made their own 5th gen, but didn’t produce more than one, we’re not even doing the same but proceeding to next level.

Thus I consider this propoganda material. If people don’t believe in our defense sector, it’s because of poor PR and proof. Well nothing new there we don’t understand marketing.

even if costs 50 million usd to fit TF6000 into a platform and fly with it. That’s the money you have to spend!
Edit: I have no idea why the site deleted my post while posting it lol

Mate, TF-6000 hasn't even been ignited yet, even if they do it today, we are a year or two away from it being installed on an UAV and fly; and that is if there are no problems or complications with it. There are ton of test to be done on the ground before we are at that point, so you're going to have to be patient.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,742
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Edit: I have no idea why the site deleted my post while posting it lol

Mate, TF-6000 hasn't even been ignited yet, even if they do it today, we are a year or two away from it being installed on an UAV and fly; and that is if there are no problems or complications with it. There are ton of test to be done on the ground before we are at that point, so you're going to have to be patient.
So they are diverting our attention to something else. They keep doing this. Doesn’t make it good. I prefer they focus and prove themselves with TF6000, they could have worked on TF10000 silently.

imo they’re giving us a pacifier because they could not keep their promise with TF6000.

Just like how Hurjets development seems to have slowed to a snails pace because of KAAN.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I prefer they focus and prove themselves with TF6000, they could have worked on TF10000 silently.
They were announced pretty much together as far as I can recall, since TEI views TF6000 as a step on the real goal, TF35000 which is going to have an afterburner, hence TF10000. They have probably been working on its design as well. You're looking at it too harshly mate, while I'm not a fan of this latest trend of "overpromise, underdeliver" trend we got going, it is not an easy thing designing, building and testing engines.

That's why I'd welcome any deal with RR when it comes to Kaan's engine, provided we get a fair deal that won't fuck us over now or in the future.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If TRMOTOR do what this video suggests in 8-10 years then there is no need to loose sleep anymore.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is that actually a prototpye for the KAAN engine ?
I highly doubt that they actually have a built prototype for Kaan, if they did they'd be screaming it on top of their lungs, not just put it in a video without actually mentioning it. It isn't even on their website, just some generic 3d model, nothing more.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm just going to say it. Using stock photos and videos from other manufacturers doesn't instill much confidence on TRMotor in me.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the TR MOTOR promotional video one can see:
  1. the Kaan twin engines
  2. a medium size passenger plane turbofan engine
  3. an axial flow turboprop engine
  4. a mdium to small size, medium bypass turbofan engine
  5. a small size, low bypass axial flow business jet turbofan engine
in addition to some APU units, some starter engine and reduction gearbox sets and several other components.

This video supposedly shows what types of engines TR MOTOR are working on.

I would say it covers everything we need in the next several decades.

Go tiger!

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm just going to say it. Using stock photos and videos from other manufacturers doesn't instill much confidence on TRMotor in me.

That was an odd choice, did they really show a passenger aircraft engine for a second there?

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah, this is actually worse than not showing anything at all. They have no experience in engine design or production at all, this is borderline false advertisement.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the next 5 years Türkiye is expected to take technological self reliance from today's level of 80% to above 90%. TR MOTOR is a big part of this. Being the aviation engine design hub of Türkiye they accumulate the engine design wisdom of the nation. Just like how the nation went from zero to hero in aviation a similar progress can be expected in aviation turbine engine making. When there is a will there is a way. The will is to make the 21st century a century of Türkiye. The vision of TR MOTOR is very much aligned with this vision. We deserve no less as a nation with a big past.

Last edited:

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 443
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Show me their prior experience in engine design lad, I'm waiting.
Yes I am agreeing with you. They are trying to fool you. Whatelse do you want me to say? Don't buy what they are advertising to you.

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Whaft is the origin of Apu and starting unit of first protype of Kaan

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,189
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to the logic of some members here, BMC Power should not deliver too. Because they had "no experience". But here we are, you can google now AZRA, UTKU and BATU.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to the logic of some members here, BMC Power should not deliver too. Because they had "no experience". But here we are, you can google now AZRA, UTKU and BATU.
No the point is advertising other products from other companies as if their own is loser mentality.

Top Bottom