60 29,297
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI General Manager Prof. Dr. Mahmut F. Aksit:

“The PD170 engine is the world leader in its class in terms of fuel consumption.
We are negotiating with Taiwan, Malaysia and even the USA for exports. "

Live broadcast continues
Correction: Meanwhile, let's fix our friend. Said Thailand, not Taiwan. Also, Pakistan is among the countries interviewed.

Blood raven

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI General Manager Prof. Dr. Mahmut F. Aksit:

“The PD170 engine is the world leader in its class in terms of fuel consumption.
We are negotiating with Taiwan, Malaysia and even the USA for exports. "

Live broadcast continues
Cant believe the US and A are negotiating with us about an engine.

I think they want to evaluate our engine and probably buy 3 engines.

If not, what are those 600 bln $ for?

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Correction: Meanwhile, let's fix our friend. Said Thailand, not Taiwan. Also, Pakistan is among the countries interviewed.
no need to sell engine... i am even afraid that from pakistan it could go to Chinese hand.. only try to sell the product with good price.. dont make the same mistake Russia did.. look at Chinese jets, all Russian technology.. if Russia would only sell the jet and final product, it could have way better economy...

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
no need to sell engine... i am even afraid that from pakistan it could go to Chinese hand.. only try to sell the product with good price.. dont make the same mistake Russia did.. look at Chinese jets, all Russian technology.. if Russia would only sell the jet and final product, it could have way better economy...

Thats not easy, if you listen Aksit you will hear it is not only engine but a lot R&D Material science. He ad that nobody gived them materials to make the engine.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Thats not easy, if you listen Aksit you will hear it is not only engine but a lot R&D Material science. He ad that nobody gived them materials to make the engine.
he also said special turbo design was used.. i still think it would make their RD cost less as they will have the final design in hand to work on... i dont say just keep it for yourself, you need to sell to make money, but atleast sell it as final product, so it worth it. i believe even though Turkey says it, they do the same as i said.. they would say sorry we have orders for next 2-3 years from Turkish air forces to deliver them first then we can talk.. ;)

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to the rest

Turkey Successfully Produced its Own UAV Engine

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI General Manager Prof. Dr. Mahmut F. Akşit said, “Production of the second engine of TEI-TS1400 has been completed. In the coming weeks, the testing process of the second engine will begin. Our third engine assembly will be completed in 1.5 months. We will produce at least five TS1400 engines in the next six months. ”

Serial production of TS1400 Gas Turbine engine expected in 2024 - TEI CEO

Edit - a digit was misplaced :LOL:

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI General Manager Prof. Dr. Mahmut F. Akşit said, “Production of the second engine of TEI-TS1400 has been completed. In the coming weeks, the testing process of the second engine will begin. Our third engine assembly will be completed in 1.5 months. We will produce at least five TS1400 engines in the next six months. ”

Serial production of TS1400 Gas Turbine engine expected in 2014 - TEI CEO

Liar ! He said 2024, not 2014 for serial production.

I wonder what is being done for the transmission gearbox, a helicopter is not complete without it.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont get it ?!
If Engine is ready and tested why it takes 3 years to mass produce it ?
Turkey needs it right now
6 month will be good and start mass producing .
2024 what will Turkey produce first?
There are so many projects and all in 2024 ? Just faccking start producing Gogbey and ts1400 enfine right now .

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont get it ?!
If Engine is ready and tested why it takes 3 years to mass produce it ?
Turkey needs it right now
6 month will be good and start mass producing .
2024 what will Turkey produce first?
There are so many projects and all in 2024 ? Just faccking start producing Gogbey and ts1400 enfine right now .

Perhaps because there needs to be a supply chain established, producing parts, training technicians to assemble engines.. etc..etc..

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,297
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Liar ! He said 2024, not 2014 for serial production.

I wonder what is being done for the transmission gearbox, a helicopter is not complete without it.
TEI, Turkey's first indigenous national helicopter and signed a contract with Alp Aviation for the production of the engine accessory gearbox to be used in Gökbey.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI, Turkey's first indigenous national helicopter and signed a contract with Alp Aviation for the production of the engine accessory gearbox to be used in Gökbey.
There are two gearboxes I believe. This one mentioned in the news is one that is attached on the engine. Another larger gearbox combines the inputs from two engines and reduces the rotation down to main rotor RPM. This part I think was being sourced from Italy.

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The fact that the TS-1400 will enter mass production in 2024 hits ATAK exports. Pakistan deal is canceled. Due to CAATSA sanctions, it is not possible to buy engines from the USA. Turkey will be forced even supplying engines for its own use.

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Translate in english please :)
*We have developed more than 34 of our own original engine design software.
*This first engine will integrate it into the TAI GÖKBEY helicopter.
*A budget of 80 million dollars has been allocated for the integration.
*Analyzes should be made and communication should be provided.
*These works take months or even a year.
*For example, one year after we delivered the PD170 engine, ANKA flew with this engine.
*We delivered the first engine so that integration work can begin as soon as possible.
*While TAI is being integrated, we will also produce new engines.
*The second engine will be ready for tests after 2 weeks and 5 engines will be produced in the summer of 2021.
*However, these will not be mass production engines.
*We will do tests such as sudden gas shut-off, sudden loading with these engines, which take a long time.
*We call these maturation and strain tests.
*We plan to squeeze everything into the next 3 years, get mass production certification and deliver the first ready-made engine in 2024.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Translate in english please :)
he says the engine is ready but its delivered to Tai to be integrated in Gokbey helicopter. but its a really serious thing to do and might take months and even year. he said just imagine that they allocated 80$ million just for this job. he said for example in Anka, it took a year to integrate PD170 to the platform. he says every 2 month they are able to make an engine but they dont call it a serial production as they will still test it for 2-3 years to get the certification. once it has the certification, then it could be called as serial production ;)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So it is not only serial production but Certified.&.Serial production.
Not every serial production engine is certified but this one will be.

Top Bottom