Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China

Russia flexes muscle near Japan in show of two-front capability​

Drills and warship maneuvers keep Far East forces active amid Ukraine conflict

Nikkei staff writer
March 19, 2022 03:10 JST

TOKYO/WASHINGTON -- Even as much of Russia's military is tied up in the invasion of Ukraine, Moscow is demonstrating that it can still operate in the Far East with shows of force in Japan's neighborhood.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
With their absymal performance and level of corruption, i don't see they can deter the more technology advanced Japan especially in Naval and Air domain

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,090
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russia was suppose to handover the kuril islands back.

The Russians took the kuril islands when ww2 ended. Thats a dog move when the fighting was over but still felt the need to takeover the islands.

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Russia was suplkse to handover the kuril islands back.

Russians took the kuril islands when ww2 ended. Thats a dog move when the fighting was pver but still felt the need to takeover the islands.

Japan is patient enough to face Russian antics and not resorted into full scale invasion.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
My bet will definitely be on Russia, Japan won't stand a chance against Russia by itself, that's why Russian heavy bombers regularly make whole circle of Japan like its Russia's house backyard while Japan dares to do nothing about it.

n-scramblerus-a-20190217.jpg

D9fSpz_WkAE1UWH.jpg

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Its utterly hilarious watching American 'geo-political' analysis saying the Chinese are a threat to the Russian far-east, when all the Russian forces are positioned against Japan and not China. I think people 'Americans' forget about Japan and Turkey. Japan has the 3rd best military in the world, the second best navy and it is very capable and professional. However the Russians have much superior forces in the 'air naval domain' in terms of Brown water and coast engagements, it would be interesting to see who wins, however the Russians have nuclear subs and larger more heavily armed surface ships, and space based assets beyond the capacity of the Japanese right now.

So in a one on one battle the Russians have things the Japanese don't have. Personally I have been very impressed by the Russian armed forces in Ukraine, they have a totally different perspective on how to fight a war, compared with the USA. And it seems to be a much more level headed and decent approach. Using air defences rather than aircraft, using stand-off strike missiles, rather than aircraft and using small maneuver units to encircle enemy positions and then siege them until they die or surrender. Not what the Americans do all the time, which is just blow stuff up and run away. Also the two things the Americans need more of to fight the Russians are F-22's and LCS's, all of which the Americans scrapped or under armed. So thank you so much John McCain for literally saying the Americans didn't need these things because of counter-terrorism, now this is all they need.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
My bet will definitely be on Russia, Japan won't stand a chance against Russia by itself, that's why Russian heavy bombers regularly make whole circle of Japan like its Russia's house backyard while Japan dares to do nothing about it.

n-scramblerus-a-20190217.jpg

View attachment 41259
The fact the British and Japanese don't have integrated air defence networks out to 500 miles is a problem for us both. And the Americans are crap at building air defence systems, so we can't get them. This is another reason I want the Americans to leave Britain, so we can build what we need and not what they allow us to do.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,794
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its utterly hilarious watching American 'geo-political' analysis saying the Chinese are a threat to the Russian far-east, when all the Russian forces are positioned against Japan and not China. I think people 'Americans' forget about Japan and Turkey. Japan has the 3rd best military in the world, the second best navy and it is very capable and professional. However the Russians have much superior forces in the 'air naval domain' in terms of Brown water and coast engagements, it would be interesting to see who wins, however the Russians have nuclear subs and larger more heavily armed surface ships, and space based assets beyond the capacity of the Japanese right now.

So in a one on one battle the Russians have things the Japanese don't have. Personally I have been very impressed by the Russian armed forces in Ukraine, they have a totally different perspective on how to fight a war, compared with the USA. And it seems to be a much more level headed and decent approach. Using air defences rather than aircraft, using stand-off strike missiles, rather than aircraft and using small maneuver units to encircle enemy positions and then siege them until they die or surrender. Not what the Americans do all the time, which is just blow stuff up and run away. Also the two things the Americans need more of to fight the Russians are F-22's and LCS's, all of which the Americans scrapped or under armed. So thank you so much John McCain for literally saying the Americans didn't need these things because of counter-terrorism, now this is all they need.
While I found your perspective on Russia's invasion (doctrin) of Ukraine interesting. I have difficulty understanding how the scenario we're seeing played before us through different media support your assesment.

As I see it Russia is doing everything they can to try get Mariupol and they'll likely stop once they've connected Crim-Mariupol-Donbas region.

I hope they won't succeed and Russia will be forced to draw back to pre-invasion "borders", they'd be stuck with spending lots of money to send necessary supplies to Crim and the sanctions should pretty much turn Russia to a Chinese colony of sorts.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China

Cause in Ukraine Russians never think it's a war, it's nothing like invading a complete foreign country, Russia pull their punches when attacking, most part of Ukraine still have power and water supply so people can still go about with their lives, in real war, those facilities would be the first targets to be eliminated, without power and water, enemies won't be able to hold on for long.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
If Russia unleash their full might in Ukraine, we wouldn't find anything still standing by now. it's a military action intened to bring Ukrainian government to accept terms in Russia's favor, that's it, high casualties and large city wide destruction is the last thing in Russian's mind. they just pick some targets to attack to make their point. I agree their hesitation , indecisiveness, not so clearly defined goals cost Russia more than expected.

L

legionairre

If Russia unleash their full might in Ukraine, we wouldn't find anything still standing by now. it's a military action intened to bring Ukrainian government to accept terms in Russia's favor, that's it, high casualties and large city wide destruction is the last thing in Russian's mind. they just pick some targets to attack to make their point. I agree their hesitation , indecisiveness, not so clearly defined goals cost Russia more than expected.
Just out of curiosity, could it be because the bear’s heart cannot pump enough O2 to its arm for the much unticipated punch? Russian army’s logistic failure has already become notorious!

M

Manomed

Russian air force is a joke

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
It's always easy for those to sit back and laugh at others, but refuse to do it by themselves. I doubt anyone can do better than Russians in Ukraine if they do it by themselves, this is why they repeatedly assure that they won't be involved.

M

Manomed

It's always easy for those to sit back and laugh at others, but refuse to do it by themselves. I doubt anyone can do better than Russians in Ukraine if they do it by themselves, this is why they repeatedly assure that they won't be involved.
this is just your cope mechanism

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom