bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Well, one thing is for sure we are talking about an insanely powerful AESA radar. Fitting all those T/R modules to the nose of an F-16 is not an easy task.

Mr. Temel Kotil stated in this broadcast that the "radar of the Kaan plane will see air and ground targets from a few 100 kilometers away."

I perceive this statement as an example to shed light on the capability of the Murad Aesa type radar. The radar of the Kaan plane will be a kind of continuation of the Murad aesa radar.

BURFIS (Integrated Radio Frequency System), Kaan Radar will be a component of this Burfis. I guess the Murad radar will be a little improved.

But I don't expect much of a range difference since the basic technology will be GaN after all.

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,613
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Temel Kotil stated in this broadcast that the radar of the Kaan plane will see air and ground targets from a few 100 kilometers away. I perceive this statement as an example to shed light on the capability of the Murad radar. The radar of the Kaan plane will be a kind of continuation of the Murad radar.
Also might be talking about the FSS system.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
KAAN's version of the F-35 DAS.
I don't know anything about FSS SYSTEM. I've never heard of a situational awareness or optical targeting system for Kaan called the Fss system. However, I don't think optical systems can have a longer range than aesa radar systems in detecting targets. at least at an altitude below 40,000 ft.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,613
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know anything about FSS SYSTEM. I've never heard of a situational awareness or optical targeting system for Kaan called the Fss system. However, I don't think optical systems can have a longer range than aesa radar systems in detecting targets. at least at an altitude below 40,000 ft.
It has been stated before that KAAN will have a DAS-like system on it. Here's the full list of what sensor payloads KAAN will carry:
Also let's not forget the chart made by @Cabatli_TR View attachment 51997
And you're not alone, pretty much nothing has been revealed about the FSS so far.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Mr. Temel Kotil stated in this broadcast that the "radar of the Kaan plane will see air and ground targets from a few 100 kilometers away."

I perceive this statement as an example to shed light on the capability of the Murad Aesa type radar. The radar of the Kaan plane will be a kind of continuation of the Murad aesa radar.

BURFIS (Integrated Radio Frequency System), Kaan Radar will be a component of this Burfis. I guess the Murad radar will be a little improved.

But I don't expect much of a range difference since the basic technology will be GaN after all.
You are wrong. AESA radar of KAAN is roughly 2x bigger than MURAD AESA.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,545
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
It has been stated before that KAAN will have a DAS-like system on it. Here's the full list of what sensor payloads KAAN will carry:

And you're not alone, pretty much nothing has been revealed about the FSS so far.
Well kind of we did, but just the name of the system (İRİS-300)

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
ASELFLIR-500C
  • Mirror Diameter: 220 mm
  • HD IR Camera Sensor Resolution: 1280x1024
  • Field of View (Horizontal): 0.86° - 1.3° - 4.3° - 8.6° - 15° - 25°
  • Wavelength: MWIR
  • HD Day TV Camera Sensor Resolution: 4096x2880
  • Field of View (Horizontal): 0.5° - 0.9° and 3.2° - 30° with continuous zoom
  • HD SWIR Camera Sensor Resolution: 1280x1024
  • Field of View (Horizontal): 0.66° - 1.1°
  • Coverage Angle: 360° continuous
  • Elevation: between +95° and -110°
  • Laser Range Finder Range: up to 30 km
  • Laser Pointer Laser Pointer: 808 nm
  • Wavelength: NIR/SWIR (compatible with night vision devices)
  • Communication Interface RS-422, MIL-STD-1553B
  • Video Interface 4x SMPTE-292M HD-SDI (1920x1080p)
  • 2x PAL
  • Power Interface 28 VDC
  • Dimensions Width: 480 mm Height: 520 mm (in forward-looking position)
  • Weight ≤ 52 kg
  • Temperature Operating: between -40°C and +52°C
  • Storage: between -55°C and +70°C

Last edited:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aselsan's Laser Designators
1683651226917.png

Shtr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
These will be produced in Malaysia? If we are capable of programming 22nm, why will not our new chip facility use 22nm?

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
These will be produced in Malaysia? If we are capable of programming 22nm, why will not our new chip facility use 22nm?
Because we do not have a factory to produce with 22 nm and we do not have enough trained personnel.

Shtr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Because we do not have a factory to produce with 22 nm and we do not have enough trained personnel.

Dear Merzifonlu Ağabey, next year we will have a new facility to produce chips. I hope this decision has been made by considering this new information as well.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dear Merzifonlu Ağabey, next year we will have a new facility to produce chips. I hope this decision has been made by considering this new information as well.
That facility will 65 nm (or 60 whatever). Not 22 nm.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom