Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,906
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is a good point. Yes, higher RPF requries higher processing power. But can't they use off the shelf chips? Even low cost old APG-80 developed in 2002 can increase RPF up to 200kHz, according to the paper I read. Anyway, you are probably right.

On a side note, if we are not using the assumptions from infographic, then by increasing the pulsewidth N36 can compensate and extend the detection range while keeping the PRF same. Albeit it would sacrifice some accuracy.

That is very interesting. I thought Alelsan got all the neccessary components covered already. If national crystal oscillator is still in development, which ones Aselsan using in its products?
It is not that easy again if you increase pulsewidth it will take a longer time to create and send pulses, it is a delicate balance. Aselsan uses foreign-sourced oscillators. Aselsan has been working on doped sapphire and quartz crystals inside its advanced materials research center (the same place that developed Aselsan RAM materials) for a while.

There are also great developments in IIR photodetectors. Aselsan is sampling some cutting-edge photodetectors.

Last edited:

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
21 2,622
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is this new? An AESA synthetic aperture radar pod from Aselsan, I don't remember seeing this before but my memory is terrible. View attachment 68358

Btw, English in this brochure is appalling, they really need to get some that actually speaks English.

FULMAR 200-A Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) for UCAVs from ASELSAN!
— Aircraft integration of FULMAR 200-A continues, it will start flying with a Turkish UAV this year
— Turkey's lightest, least power-consuming SAR solution
— Factory tests have been completed, different configurations will come after integration

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,277
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

"One of the main challenges in developing the MURAD-100A was fitting it into the constricted nose cone of the F-16 and AKINCI. The radar’s modules feature unprecedented density levels, and cooling these high-powered modules was another significant hurdle. Comprehensive thermal and mechanical design studies were conducted alongside RF and digital design, test, and verification processes to overcome these challenges. Flight tests on unmanned combat aerial vehicles and F-16s have yielded exceptional results, and preparations for the radar’s serial production are underway."

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,995
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

"One of the main challenges in developing the MURAD-100A was fitting it into the constricted nose cone of the F-16 and AKINCI. The radar’s modules feature unprecedented density levels, and cooling these high-powered modules was another significant hurdle. Comprehensive thermal and mechanical design studies were conducted alongside RF and digital design, test, and verification processes to overcome these challenges. Flight tests on unmanned combat aerial vehicles and F-16s have yielded exceptional results, and preparations for the radar’s serial production are underway."
I hope this means serial production will start this year, we really need Özgür to get started properly.

zio

Reactions
4 465
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fulmar 500A early warning radar for marine heli or/and maritime patrol aircrafts,if 500 means 5000 T/R than its more powerful than the Cenk S radar which has 4000 T/R modules.

Attachments

• IMG_1321.jpeg
    IMG_1321.jpeg
    444 KB · Views: 51

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
68 8,012
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Fulmar 500A early warning radar for marine heli or/and maritime patrol aircrafts,if 500 means 5000 T/R than its more powerful than the Cenk S radar which has 4000 T/R modules.

More like 500 T/R modules probably.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
68 8,012
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Aselsan's new taxonomy does not indicate T/R count or range, or in overall any quantative performance information. It is merely a class information.

You are right. I got that. I was giving an estimate based Leonardo's Osprey's T/R M counts. Which is much smaller.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom