Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
The commercial launch market is really crowded, there are way too many companies competing for a limited market and it will be hard for Turkey to compete over companies like RocketLab and SpaceX.

Of course having a launch vehicle is important strategically. The Shavit for example is rarely launched but it launches important military payloads into orbit.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,804
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The commercial launch market is really crowded, there are way too many companies competing for a limited market and it will be hard for Turkey to compete over companies like RocketLab and SpaceX.

Of course having a launch vehicle is important strategically. The Shavit for example is rarely launched but it launches important military payloads into orbit.
It's about independent access to space. Otherwise, the odds of making money from launch business is very little to none. And if Starship becomes online and is rapidly reusable as advertised, then all other commercial launch providers will start falling off the tree. There's no way to compete with a completely reusable launch vehicle, irrespective of its size.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

It is definitely not crowded. There is a significant supply shortage through the end of this decade and beyond.

An example, Amazon cannot find launch providers for its mega constellation Kuiper. The number of satellites needing launch is exploding right now - Turkiye needs to follow quickly.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,289
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

FtxVnf1WcAIVwpd

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,851
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need to improve resolution. We need 0,5 meters resolution first than below 0,3 meters in 5-8 years. Else, we can not reach advanced countries. Many countries have satellites with a resolution of less than 0,3 meters now.
If I understood T.Kotil correct, we are able to separate 2 stars general from 3 stars general (rank insignia) ;)

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,408
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Turkish States Organization Space Agencies and the relevant institutions of the member states (Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey and TRNC) jointly decided to develop cube satellites.

Hepdert

Reactions
6 753
Nation of residence
Turkey
Turkey's first space travelers! 👨🏼‍🚀👨🏼‍🚀 🇹🇷 Within the scope of our National Space Program, the space travel of the candidates will take place in the last quarter of 2023. 🚀 in the USA; They will receive training on many subjects such as space station and infrastructures, communication systems, life support systems, emergencies, experimental infrastructures, launch vehicle and crew vehicle systems, and return to earth procedures. 🌌 Our space traveler will have the opportunity to experiment in a zero-gravity environment for 14 days. 🔬 It will conduct 13 experiments in the fields of human research, biology, biotechnology, materials science, physics and technology.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,752
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey's first space travelers! 👨🏼‍🚀👨🏼‍🚀 🇹🇷 Within the scope of our National Space Program, the space travel of the candidates will take place in the last quarter of 2023. 🚀 in the USA; They will receive training on many subjects such as space station and infrastructures, communication systems, life support systems, emergencies, experimental infrastructures, launch vehicle and crew vehicle systems, and return to earth procedures. 🌌 Our space traveler will have the opportunity to experiment in a zero-gravity environment for 14 days. 🔬 It will conduct 13 experiments in the fields of human research, biology, biotechnology, materials science, physics and technology.

I think this is the most successful pre-election production of Erdoğan's team. A very good presentation was prepared. If I were them, I'd broadcast this instead of their ridiculous election clips.

There is a very special detail in the name of Mr Tuva Cihangir Atasever, a Roketsan avionic system engineer who will be one of the Turkish space travellers and will make a low orbit flight. With his name, we will also remember the Tuva Turks.

The selection of Mr Alper Gezeravcı, our F-16 pilot, was also very important in terms of positioning our Air Force as the leading institution, as it should be at the very beginning of this journey. This may be an insignificant event for many, but the important thing is that this door now opened, and those who follow this path will carry the flag much higher.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,752
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fergani Space Orbital Transfer Vehicle (YTA)
Information and details

1- Fergani team will make a name for itself in the sector with the sensors, satellite computers, propulsion system and control systems that it will use in satellites.

Fu889PlWAAExCq7

2- Fergani also successfully conducted and completed the team satellite project ground structural tests.

Fu89BhGXoAAWjsk

3- Meaning of the logo: The structure of Fergani Crater on the Moon.

Fu89GNQWcAIoKXq

source:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,752
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The first Turkish astronaut Air Force personnel Air Pilot Lieutenant Colonel Alper Gezeravcı: As a jet pilot who served in different types of aircraft in the Turkish Air Force, I am proud to represent our flag in space after the skies.

Fu9kqrrX0AEHfa3

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fergani Space Orbital Transfer Vehicle (YTA)
Information and details

1- Fergani team will make a name for itself in the sector with the sensors, satellite computers, propulsion system and control systems that it will use in satellites.

Fu889PlWAAExCq7

2- Fergani also successfully conducted and completed the team satellite project ground structural tests.

Fu89BhGXoAAWjsk

3- Meaning of the logo: The structure of Fergani Crater on the Moon.

Fu89GNQWcAIoKXq

source:
I wonder where Baykar got the technology and know-how to make satellites and missiles. Roketsan, Aselsan or Tübitak, anyone have any ideas?

It is a difficult technology even for countries.

Btw, i think the name choices are very bad (Fergani, Kemankeş)

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder where Baykar got the technology and know-how to make satellites and missiles. Roketsan, Aselsan or Tübitak, anyone have any ideas?

It is a difficult technology even for countries.

Btw, i think the name choices are very bad (Fergani, Kemankeş)
I don't think they got the space technology yet but intend to develop sats for various applications. They will probably need several revisions. Keep in mind even universities develop small sats.

Their missile is in essence a small drone so no tech transfer should be needed. Obviously, they will need to purchase parts such as warhead and sensors but fuselage and software should be their own.

Ps. this is my own interpretation, not facts.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think they got the space technology yet but intend to develop sats for various applications. They will probably need several revisions. Keep in mind even universities develop small sats.

Their missile is in essence a small drone so no tech transfer should be needed. Obviously, they will need to purchase parts such as warhead and sensors but fuselage and software should be their own.

Ps. this is my own interpretation, not facts.
After I wrote this article, I read somewhere that Delta V and Tübitak Uzay were following their projects.

On Baykar's career site, it was written that they were looking for engineers under the name of Space Unit.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

perses 

Professional
Aerospace Expert
Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fergani Team Satellite Project Information and Details:
1- Fergani team will develop all the subsystems to be used in satellites in-house.
Fergani plans to launch its first test satellite in 2024, which will test the developed subsystems alongside these satellites.
2- With the first test satellite in 2024, we may see many experimental satellites 🙂
❗Fergani has the capability to test their satellites using Clean Room, Thermal Vacuum Chamber, and Vibration Test System.
Alt test sistemleri.png

Top Bottom