Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I always wondered why the air intake positions in a more forward against the other designs.
The answer is that the stealth design of TFX requires that for the masking of the engine blades.
ADF472FF-45F6-4241-9D63-C04B41595123.jpeg

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F35 does not have short range AA missiles and flare capability.She also not fast and maneuver fighter..Self defence rely on stealth body and electronic counter measures.It remind me F4 phantom mistake without gun on vietnam era.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
F35 does not have short range AA missiles and flare capability.She also not fast and maneuver fighter..Self defence rely on stealth body and electronic counter measures.It remind me F4 phantom mistake without gun on vietnam era.
1000w_q95.jpg

I think she can. Could you elaborate on the flare thingy?

Also, the F-35 is surprisingly maneuverable.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
I always wondered why the air intake positions in a more forward against the other designs.
The answer is that the stealth design of TFX requires that for the masking of the engine blades.
View attachment 50479
The Raptor isn't much different in that regard. But true... TF-X's intakes are placed further up.

moz68k

Reactions
18 596
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm pretty sure the F-35A has a cannon. B and C variants don't, but they're carrier capable. I'm kinda tired of people ragging on the F-35, it's an excellent multirole stealth fighter. It's even combat proven at this point (at least according to the IAF). The fact that it's selling like hotcakes proves that it's NATO's successor to the glorious F-16. It was a shame we lost ours.

Last edited by a moderator:

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm pretty sure the F-35A has a cannon. B and C variants don't, but they're carrier capable. I'm kinda tired of people ragging on the F-35, it's an excellent multirole stealth fighter. It's even combat proven at this point (at least according to the IAF). The fact that it's selling like hotcakes proves that it's NATO's successor to the glorious F-16. It was a shame we lost ours.

My theory on why the S-400 was deemed more valuable: it wasn't meant to defend against outside threats—if you catch my drift...
USA is working hard to introduce new extented range IIR missiles.She knows reliability of RF seekers are decreasing,due to improvements of jamming techs of chineese part,and stealthy of their aircrafts. It is clear now F35 is not ultimate manned aircraft.

E

Era_shield

My theory on why the S-400 was deemed more valuable: it wasn't meant to defend against outside threats—if you catch my drift...
The F-35 is mediocre af and the primary reason they're being purchased is because there are no alternatives. Thank God our design bureaus had the intelligence to optimise the T-FX for specific roles, rather than trying to make it do everything and end up with something that can't do anything well.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,562
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
The F-35 is mediocre af and the primary reason they're being purchased is because there are no alternatives. Thank God our design bureaus had the intelligence to optimise the T-FX for specific roles, rather than trying to make it do everything and end up with something that can't do anything well.
Tbh is F-35 is neither excellent or mediocre, it is the definition of jack of all trades, master of none.

But ATM, (at least for US and close allies of USA) it has on of the most complex electronic and sensor suite of fighter aircraft

E

Era_shield

Tbh is F-35 is neither excellent or mediocre, it is the definition of jack of all trades, master of none.

But ATM, (at least for US and close allies of USA) it has on of the most complex electronic and sensor suite of fighter aircraft
Being neither excellent nor bad is the definition of mediocre. And yes, the F-35's distributed sensor architecture is the only thing about it that's really special, but that's something that could've, and should've, been implemented on a platform that isn't mediocre. Anyway, these aren't our problems any more. IMO being denied the F-35 is the best thing that ever happened to our military-industrial complex. The trees that grow from that decision will still be bearing fruit 50 years from now.

Devence

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1st photo is tfx bulkhead 2nd photo is f-22 bulkhead.Tfx has 1 internal weapon station and f22 has 2 internal weapon stations.These photos show that the weapon stations will be vertical rather than horizontal.The photo shared by Afif is taken from the TAI poster from 2019.

Attachments

• bulkhead.png
    bulkhead.png
    510.8 KB · Views: 203
  • f22bulkhead.png
    f22bulkhead.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 208

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom