Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Probably it is the first time we saw Ismail Demir unable to hold back his tears.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
the assembly line was a surprise for me. It looks pretty professional. Turks are really revolutionizing their defense industry, but as far as I can see, there is a line of 2 jets.. is it enough for you?
People easily forget that TAI has been building F-16s and TEI buildings its engines under license for decades.
The capabilities are definitely there we just lack the IP rights and only solution for that is going indigenous.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Surprisingly, many people on Twitter from various countries are saying that Pakistan is part of the project. @MADDOG can you confirm it ? Is there a true and clear statement from someone working at TAI ?
Thats being claimed for every single project lately, i dont know how people come up with these rumors.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,382
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Thats being claimed for every single project lately, i dont know how people come up with these rumors.
I think, this is because of a report that was published in February this year.
even though TAI later officially refuted it but it wanst covered very widely.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think, this is because of a report that was published in February this year.
even though TAI later officially refuted it but it wanst covered very widely.
You just gotta think logically, if Pakistan becomes part of it it would mean China will know everything about it down to the last screw.
This would automatically eliminate any critical part from western companies or their participation in the project.
Thats something that Turkey wont sacrifice at any cost.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,958
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ok, i just read that that would compromise on stealthyness of the plane, i guess it has something to do with the exhaust gasses of the F110 engine?

1669313155357.png

1669313228696.png

Comparison of F-16 and F-35
1669313343002.png

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Probably it is the first time we saw Ismail Demir unable to hold back his tears.
I said it a million times that Ismail Demir is the best SSB director that ever came and is such ppl only comes once every decade

I honestly love Ismail Demir, Hakan Fidan, and Mustafa Varank; I also think that Akar and Fahrettin Altun in general arent bad

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,382
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
You just gotta think logically, if Pakistan becomes part of it it would mean China will know everything about it down to the last screw.
This would automatically eliminate any critical part from western companies or their participation in the project.
Thats something that Turkey wont sacrifice at any cost.
No offense,
but i think, your understanding of Pakistan-china relation dynamic is not very realistic.

Last edited:

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
People easily forget that TAI has been building F-16s and TEI buildings its engines under license for decades.
The capabilities are definitely there we just lack the IP rights and only solution for that is going indigenous.
Didn't TAI receive some sort of certification from Boeing for its extraordinary QM and QC?

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
In Turkey, they showed the assembly of the first prototype of the fifth generation fighter TF-X. The assembly of the prototype is scheduled to be completed on March 18, 2023. Earlier, the model of the aircraft was demonstrated at the 53rd Paris Aviation and Space Salon in Le Bourget. The new aircraft is intended for deliveries to the Turkish Armed Forces and should replace the American F-16. The length of the aircraft will be 21 meters, the wingspan will be 14 meters. The TFX fighter will receive two American General Electric F110 engines, later new Turkish engineers will be installed on it. A radar station with an active phased array antenna for the TF-X will be created by the Turkish company ASELSAN.

TF-X is air superiority fighter, the replacement of F-16 multirole are Hürjet.

1669325314085.png

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How an IRST and EOTS on fighters can be effective as Sniper or smiler huge pods?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,382
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Read the comments guys! the warzone magazine is considered somewhat reliable.

the readers cant believe it! the prejudice and arrogance is just astonishing!
It is so hard for them to swallow that, Turkey can pull this off!

Last edited:

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Didn't TAI receive some sort of certification from Boeing for its extraordinary QM and QC?

Turkish Aerospace has earned a spot in the Boeing premier bidder programme.​

The programme recognises and rewards consistently high-performing commercial airplanes and global services suppliers, strengthening Boeing’s collective performance and commitment to safety, quality and integrity.

The programme provides premier bidder members with an opportunity to increase their business with Boeing, including visibility of upcoming bids and an invitation to programme conferences with key leadership.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom