Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,686
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mete Yarar claims that all the engines of the first batch of TF-X are in Turkey.

That is wrong but it is close. Engines of all of the prototypes and block 10 aircraft that will be produced till 2028 are being delivered(in batches) not all of them are currently in TAI but there are some. I don't know how many but there might be something like 8-10 engines and the number of stored engines will keep growing as new batches arrive.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,789
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mete Yarar claims that all the engines of the first batch of TF-X are in Turkey.

Mete Yarar become a clown always seeking to make "Show Off". He just open his mouth and fantasies, gossip оr shits getting out.
He does Not know when to STOP.
Even more if and ONLY IF it is True then he is Revealing information Without Permission

He is not clever at all. No technical thinking, No understanding of consequences, He do not respect other side when He ask a question and other side try to explain,answer.

Mete Yarar becoming Plague for Turkiye

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mete Yarar become a clown always seeking to make "Show Off". He just open his mouth and fantasies, gossip оr shits getting out.
He does Not know when to STOP.
Even more if and ONLY IF it is True then he is Revealing information Without Permission

He is not clever at all. No technical thinking, No understanding of consequences, He do not respect other side when He ask a question and other side try to explain,answer.

Mete Yarar becoming Plague for Turkiye
Unfortunately he is not a Ioannis Theodoratos.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mete Yarar maybe a showman but he has access to a lot of information. Sometimes he speculates but many times he mentions stuff that has not happened yet but is all set to happen. I would rather have him talk than keep him silent. No one wants to be proven wrong and I don't like to stay in the dark.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
The simulators TAI bought to the Paris Airshow

FzeAd0dWAAED31l.jpeg

FzeAfPzX0AAjEmt.jpeg

FzeAfXPWAAIKYvm.jpeg

Also on display...

Screen Shot 2023-06-25 at 15.26.29.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-25 at 15.26.34.png

From Habertürk

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
KAAN's head engineer: "Maybe you'll see, we have a 6 meter long titanium frame that is done being processed. On this aircraft (referring to GTU-0/P0) we didn't have the necessary equipment to process such parts, so we procured them now. This will bring huge advantages regarding the production of the second prototype. The titanium frame is currently being processed, the operation is continuing. We are also making the necessary modifications to the main assembly jigs accordingly. You should be able to see the second prototype in the flesh next year around this time."

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Age distribution for the Manhattan Project:

Fzf43egacAAxhz1

As far as I know, average age of the KAAN project workforce is also in the 28-32 range.

Naturally, we focus on the output of the project as a product. But the real valuable breakthrough is not the aircraft itself.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
"The Malaysian Air Force Commander flew with the simulator of the KAAN fighter jet. He was very satisfied."

I have a question and its purely due to ignorance and not flame baiting or something.
How do you develop a simulator for a plane that hasnt made its maiden flight yet? I mean a simulator is supposed to simulate certain flight characteristics of a specific plane so how did they develop without knowing those variables yet?

moz68k

Reactions
18 579
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have a question and its purely due to ignorance and not flame baiting or something.
How do you develop a simulator for a plane that hasnt made its maiden flight yet? I mean a simulator is supposed to simulate certain flight characteristics of a specific plane so how did they develop without knowing those variables yet?
You have a digital twin of the plane in CAD, so the geometry and every material is defined and has known properties. From this you have a good idea of the overall properties of the aircraft in a static setting. Incredible software packages like the Ansys suite (which TAI licenses) can simulate practically all engineering domains. For flight characteristics this boils down to running CFD analyses in a range of flight envelopes (altitude, airspeed, AOA). Values for lift, drag, load forces etc. at x thrust, alt, aoa, configuration etc. for select portions of the aircraft's geometry can then be used to build a look up table (LUT) that can be fed to a flight sim. Some flight sims like X-Plane run a simplified CFD model outright.

Fun fact: the supercomputer at TAI was almost certainly acquired to run such simulations at a rapid pace. Almost every engineering job listing at TAI prefers at least some experience with Ansys.

Last edited:

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
From TAI's 50th anniversary video... (and guess what lol)

View attachment 58866

View attachment 58867
Can someone help me understand the weapon bay, I see it but I don't quite get the dimensions. It's one large bay but the bulkheads seem to be very big so how is gonna munition fit? Is this just because it's early prototype or am I seeing wrong because of angle

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom