Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,837
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good question, but tbh, I don't know the exact answer. (Probably not the whole jet, F-22 for sure has better RCS from rear-aspect due to its unique nozzles)
20 years later. Is it possible that in F-35 more radar absorbing material are used, same goes to paint (matured nano technology).

E

Era_shield

I think this makes it pretty clear.

"I would say that General Hostage … is accurate in his statement about the simple stealthiness of the F-35 [with regard] to other airplanes,” The statement was accurate for radar cross section, as measured in decibels, and range of detectability, he said, and he scoffed at the notion that anyone can tell how stealthy an aircraft is just by looking at it."
I'd be a little more sceptical about unverifiable statements about a product made by people who, at that time, were on a marketing push to sell it (and yes, the military itself was involved in that, not only L-M). Actions speak louder than words.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,381
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I'd be a little more sceptical about unverifiable statements about a product made by people who, at that time, were on a marketing push to sell it (and yes, the military itself was involved in that, not only L-M). Actions speak louder than words.

Let's agree to disagree then.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,958
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Divertless intake (DSI) improves the RCS since there is no gap between the inlet and the main body but a bump which is also reducing radar reflection of the engine (inlet, fan...). Less parts/less moving parts which means lighter and more reliable.

Diverter inlets are better in higher speeds and when it comes to maneuverability.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I say F22, F35 you are not with us. 😋

Anyway, if the F35 was any good, it would not have been given to its allies. Let the allies continue with the export version of the F35. Soon, the real US plane to replace the F22 will be revealed.:D:p

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
My post no longer exists due to understandable reasons. Sometimes I feel like these news outlets go too far with their content... How TAI allows this is beyond me.

TsumugiShirogane

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Afif disappoints me once challenge: impossible. He takes the words right out of my mouth everytime!
Wrong. The F-22 has a far superior RCS to that of the F-35.
Not really. F-35 IS stealthier than the F-22. As @Afif put it above. The F-22 is outdated compared to F-35 and is planned to be phased out.
image-7.png

also DSI has mainly nothing to do with stealth but with easing of maintenance and cost.
..No. Diverterless supersonic inlets improve the stealth characteristics compared to conventional boundary layer diverters. Refer to https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-9601-8_38.
As for the ability to supercruise, I highly doubt it will prove an advantage against the F-35 which can detect and track it over a greater distance. The J-20 also has them, for a purpose. The greater size and the lack of DSI will mean the F-35 fires first, since stealth trumps radars of today. Is the jet betting on evading the Meteor?

What I believe is that the dual F-110 engines don't provide enough thrust, so the intake inlets had to be added for it to be able to achieve supercruise. And this was a mistake in my opinion. The Russian doctrine of high maneuverability/agility fighters is obsolete and will stand no chance against the stealth doctrine of tomorrow.

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
the F-35 which can detect and track it over a greater distance. The greater size and the lack of DSI will mean the F-35 fires first, since stealth trumps radars of today.
You are wrong for several reasons:

1. KAAN will pack a larger, more powerful radar with a bigger T/R count than the F-35. The more powerful your radar is, the longer your detection range gets.
  2. DSI's benefits on RCS against non-DSI aircraft is negligible enough to counteract with RAM paint. (don't try to refute this with the "source" you provided, its utter drivel)
  3. Larger aircraft are actually tends to be more stealthy. As a natural phenomenon, When your radar of x unit wavelength hits a surface smaller than x/8 unit, the radar energy sent gets to be resonated and amplified across the airframe, returning a larger than usual radar cross section. This is why the B-2 bomber gets to be more stealthier against the VHF/UHF frequency radars, BTW.
I recommend you read this: https://www.veryansintv.com/yazar/beyazit-karatas/kose-yazisi/turk-kartali-milli-muharip-ucak-1/

E

Era_shield

Afif disappoints me once challenge: impossible. He takes the words right out of my mouth everytime!

Not really. F-35 IS stealthier than the F-22. As @Afif put it above. The F-22 is outdated compared to F-35 and is planned to be phased out.
View attachment 58640

..No. Diverterless supersonic inlets improve the stealth characteristics compared to conventional boundary layer diverters. Refer to https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-9601-8_38.
As for the ability to supercruise, I highly doubt it will prove an advantage against the F-35 which can detect and track it over a greater distance. The J-20 also has them, for a purpose. The greater size and the lack of DSI will mean the F-35 fires first, since stealth trumps radars of today. Is the jet betting on evading the Meteor?

What I believe is that the dual F-110 engines don't provide enough thrust, so the intake inlets had to be added for it to be able to achieve supercruise. And this was a mistake in my opinion. The Russian doctrine of high maneuverability/agility fighters is obsolete and will stand no chance against the stealth doctrine of tomorrow.
No offense but almost everything you said is wrong.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The reason of lower RCS of F35 in compare to F22 is its unique radar absorbing paint / material. And the good news is its developed by a Turk in the USA and he's very nationalistic person so we can say cheers 🥂

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 976
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The reason of lower RCS of F35 in compare to F22 is its unique radar absorbing paint / material. And the good news is its developed by a Turk in the USA and he's very nationalistic person so we can say cheers 🥂
Are you serious rn? Can u DM me the name or Is it just a rumour with no name attached?

fushkee

Reactions
4 212
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am suspicious about that. Eventually, it is a classified technology and even if he is a Turk, he can not sell or transfer the technology or product as he wants directly. There are some strict regulations and laws.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am suspicious about that. Eventually, it is a classified technology and even if he is a Turk, he can not sell or transfer the technology or product as he wants directly. There are some strict regulations and laws.

If you say so, buddy. :)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We can't rely on tech that is known by others. There maybe weakneses in the tech that can be taken advantage of once it is on our planes. So we have to keep developing our own coating tech no matter what.

Last edited:

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,837
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Who is it?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The radar of Kaan will be better than F-35.
More T/R modules
More power
Bigger antenna (antenna size is really important)
360-degree coverage.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
He doesn't mean that guy will bring US tech to Türkiye; he can't do it even if he wants to since he does not have complete knowledge of all details. The point is that he has excellent knowledge of how to develop such tech and has knowledge of know-how and know-why, which makes his existence an excellent opportunity for Turkish engineers in Türkiye.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom