You have a digital twin of the plane in CAD, so the geometry and every material is defined and has known properties. From this you have a good idea of the overall properties of the aircraft in a static setting. Incredible software packages like the Ansys suite (which TAI licenses) can simulate practically all engineering domains. For flight characteristics this boils down to running CFD analyses in a range of flight envelopes (altitude, airspeed, AOA). Values for lift, drag, load forces etc. at x thrust, alt, aoa, configuration etc. for select portions of the aircraft's geometry can then be used to build a look up table (LUT) that can be fed to a flight sim. Some flight sims like X-Plane run a simplified CFD model outright.I have a question and its purely due to ignorance and not flame baiting or something.
How do you develop a simulator for a plane that hasnt made its maiden flight yet? I mean a simulator is supposed to simulate certain flight characteristics of a specific plane so how did they develop without knowing those variables yet?
Can someone help me understand the weapon bay, I see it but I don't quite get the dimensions. It's one large bay but the bulkheads seem to be very big so how is gonna munition fit? Is this just because it's early prototype or am I seeing wrong because of angleFrom TAI's 50th anniversary video... (and guess what lol)
View attachment 58866
View attachment 58867
They do know the variables. Hence the existence of the simulator to begin with. You can model your pre-existing designs on the simulator and gather genuine data by performing flight tests on the simulated environment. The Hürjet team was performing flight tests in the sim at a time when the assembly jigs were getting prepared. You do get to fly experimental aircraft (that don't exist in real life) on flight simulators don't you? It essentially revolves around the same idea.I have a question and its purely due to ignorance and not flame baiting or something.
How do you develop a simulator for a plane that hasnt made its maiden flight yet? I mean a simulator is supposed to simulate certain flight characteristics of a specific plane so how did they develop without knowing those variables yet?
Two tandem bays coupled with two sidebays. The area is vast, but design activities are still ongoing as we speak.Can someone help me understand the weapon bay, I see it but I don't quite get the dimensions. It's one large bay but the bulkheads seem to be very big so how is gonna munition fit? Is this just because it's early prototype or am I seeing wrong because of angle
15 units.Does anybody know if additional prototypes are being built for KAAN and Hurjet at the moment?
of which Hurjet? Aren't 15 prototypes too much? Like a serial production?15 units.
Part production of two prototypes have begun. Next year around this time we will see them fully assembled according to an interview from TAI. If I can find it I will add it later.Does anybody know if additional prototypes are being built for KAAN and Hurjet at the moment?
According to VLS from defenceturk, the second prototype is 80 percent complete.Part production of two prototypes have begun. Next year around this time we will see them fully assembled according to an interview from TAI. If I can find it I will add it later.
@MADDOG can probably answer it more precisely though.
I hope the serial KAAN has not that high canopy.
What's the issue?
The probability of that being the second prototype is -30%.According to VLS from defenceturk, the second prototype is 80 percent complete.
There is even a photo that has fallen on social media.