TR TF-X KAAN Fighter Jet

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 254
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
There's no need to have any false illusions here - nothing will happen before 2029/30 with a prototype engine. Don't expect the first production Serial aircraft with their own functioning engine until 2032/33.
The validation and testing of a high-performance engine takes at least 3-4 years and an additional 1-2 years for flight tests.
I am sure that Block 0 and maybe 10 will still run with F119 engines.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,622
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I am sure that Block 0 and maybe 10 will still run with F119 engines.

LoL, that would be great but USA isn't offering F119 for KAAN's serial production.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,872
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tomorrow I will call T.Kotil and ask for TVC and a stealth nozzle. And of course, more spped, up to Mach +2.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,622
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
About F119 engine intellectual property. Can we copy this engine legal?

It is not possible to copy F119. Besides, TEI doesn't have any experience with that.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,934
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have question though. Lets say we have finished manufacturing the engine now how long do we need for testing before mass production?
We can't know the answer to that. It's uncharted territory for us. It could be 4 or 10. We'll have a better idea and do more informed guesses towards the end of this decade.

bruhman

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
About F119 engine intellectual property. Can we copy this engine legal?
the US is not gonna let anyone touch the f119 lol

and even if an f119 magically appeared on turkish soil and americans somehow didn't politically murder us to have it returned, reverse engineering itself is such a humongous effort by itself in the current day and age. was simpler when aircraft and engines were just pipes and kerosene.

duveil

Reactions
1 15
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thanks everyone. I asked the question because I think there is a difference between what is advertised and what is technically possible. I believe that what Tusas achieved is very important and very good start for the future endeavors. But at the same time it is clearly just begining. We get ahead of our achievements like we have already succeded. Common people on the street think that we are just 3-4 years away from having operational Kaan with indigenous engine. I am very proud of what we achieved but also I am disturbed by the misleading news.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Türkiye can already make way better engines than what F110 can offer, it is just a matter of a few years of time.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,622
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Türkiye can already make way better engines than what F110 can offer, it is just a matter of a few years of time.

Buddy, you have to wait at least until having a working prototype in class to claim that, Türkiye can already make better engines than F110.😅

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Buddy, you have to wait at least until having a working prototype to claim Türkiye can already make better engines than F110.😅
We can already make parts of it, what makes you think we can not make whole when we wanted to. Some need to see it to believe it, I guess.

Spitfire9

Reactions
8 389
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
How do you know the TF6000 will perform successfully in the near future? Ditto TF10000. Ditto a much more powerful indigenous design.

PS I think that TF6000 will be successful. When? No idea.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How do you know the TF6000 will perform successfully in the near future? Ditto TF10000. Ditto a much more powerful indigenous design.

PS I think that TF6000 will be successful. When? No idea.
The same way I have seen Kaan fly and because we work hard to make it happen.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
So,we cant yet.
Dont do that,we are not others claiming to be or have when they are not and dont have.
Claim it in a ''few'' years when we have the engine.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom