DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would expect a name from Turkic Altaic mythologies:
Such as Tulpar, Bürküt (Kartal Ata), Bükrek/Buka, Kızagan, Merküt...

Also, there may be a historical reference or name with Turk in it (Gokturk for example), but other than that, is it necessary to put Turk in front of an ordinary bird or celestial body?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would expect a name from Turkic Altaic mythologies:
Such as Tulpar, Bürküt (Kartal Ata), Bükrek/Buka, Kızagan, Merküt...

Also, there may be a historical reference or name with Turk in it (Gokturk for example), but other than that, is it necessary to put Turk in front of an ordinary bird or celestial body?

These are fine names damn!!

Ancient Turkic words they all refer to the sky.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
These are fine names damn!!

Ancient Turkic words they all refer to the sky.
IMO the name Göktürk would be a very nice reference to history and Turkic world unsderstanding. MMU has already been a project that has made a lot of noise in the international press. Hearing its name as Göktürk will push enthusiasts to learn what Göktürk is as a state and ideology. Wait a minute, by the time the MMU enters service, Alper Çağlar's Göktürk trilogy will probably have started to be released also...

If we're going to choose a creature name, there are great figures in both Turkish history and mythology, so we don't have to put Turk in front of it.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
IMO the name Göktürk would be a very nice reference to history and Turkic world unsderstanding. MMU has already been a project that has made a lot of noise in the international press. Hearing its name as Göktürk will push enthusiasts to learn what Göktürk is as a state and ideology. Wait a minute, by the time the MMU enters service, Alper Çağlar's Göktürk trilogy will probably have started to be released also...

If we're going to choose a creature name, there are great figures in both Turkish history and mythology, so we don't have to put Turk in front of it.

Göktürk and Bozkurt (Grey Wolf) seem to be the best.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

It has already been used for the military satellite

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Gökçen
It has 3 meanings all of them are relevant
1) Something that belongs to the sky
2) Something that resembles the sky
3) Someone who is very beautiful.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Gökçen
It has 3 meanings all of them are relevant
1) Something that belongs to the sky
2) Something that resembles the sky
3) Someone who is very beautiful.
I don't want to be the spoilsport 😅 but it's so close name with Gökçe which is using for guidance kit....

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,570
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And they won't name it after Sabiha Gökçen, tho it would be interesting.

I feel like it will be nationalistic in tone but very vanilla. I don't expect unknown old Turkish names and it will definitely have a bird of prey in its name.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

It could be Asena.But I doubt that the president will put this name.Because the known audience thinks of belly dancer when they hear that name...

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't want to be the spoilsport 😅 but it's so close name with Gökçe which is using for guidance kit....
Here is full list then 😁

Gök
Gökalp
Gökay
Gökbaran
Gökbay
Gökbayrak
Gökbel
Gökberk
Gökbey
Gökbora
Gökbörü
Gökbudun
Gökbulut
Gökcan
Gökçebey
Gökçeer
Gökçel
Gökçen
Gökçer
Gökçül
Gökçün
Gökdemir
Gökdeniz
Gökdoğan
Gökduman
Gökel
Gökhan
Gökhun
Gökmen
Gökmenalp
Gökmener
Gökmete
Göknel
Göksaltuk
Göksan
Göksav
Göksel
Göksen
Göksenin
Göksev
Göksun
Göktalay
Göktan
Göktay
Gökten
Göktöre
Göktuğ
Göktulga
Göktuna
Göktunç
Göktürk
Gökyay

(I love my language)

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Here is full list then 😁

Gök
Gökalp
Gökay
Gökbaran
Gökbay
Gökbayrak
Gökbel
Gökberk
Gökbey
Gökbora
Gökbörü
Gökbudun
Gökbulut
Gökcan
Gökçebey
Gökçeer
Gökçel
Gökçen
Gökçer
Gökçül
Gökçün
Gökdemir
Gökdeniz
Gökdoğan
Gökduman
Gökel
Gökhan
Gökhun
Gökmen
Gökmenalp
Gökmener
Gökmete
Göknel
Göksaltuk
Göksan
Göksav
Göksel
Göksen
Göksenin
Göksev
Göksun
Göktalay
Göktan
Göktay
Gökten
Göktöre
Göktuğ
Göktulga
Göktuna
Göktunç
Göktürk
Gökyay

(I love my language)

But because Turks are not smart, they give their children Arabic names. So they think they are doing Islamically. The Qur'an says to give your children good names, names with good meanings. It is not written in the Quran to give Arabic names. Do you ever see Arabs giving Turkish names?

Is a nation so degenerated and alienated from its identity?

Anyway, when you said I love, it came to my mind and I emptied my heart.

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
But because Turks are not smart, they give their children Arabic names. So they think they are doing Islamically. The Qur'an says to give your children good names, names with good meanings. It is not written in the Quran to give Arabic names. Do you ever see Arabs giving Turkish names?

Is a nation so degenerated and alienated from its identity?

Anyway, when you said I love, it came to my mind and I emptied my heart.
Your argument is correct, but there are many Arab people with Turkish names so that part of your statement are not true. Also Quranic names are not exclusively Arab. Most of the Prophets were not Arabs and their names are not Arabic but if different origins and meanings

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Your argument is correct, but there are many Arab people with Turkish names so that part of your statement are not true. Also Quranic names are not exclusively Arab. Most of the Prophets were not Arabs and their names are not Arabic but if different origins and meanings
How many, 3-5 people? Not compared to the number of Arabic names in Turkiye. I am talking about Arab and Arabic names. Including Arabic.

The Quran is universal, it does not belong to the Arabs. Nor is it a tool to impose their culture.

Yes, some of the prophets were not Arabs. But most of them were Semitic, at least the ones mentioned in the Quran.

This is not the issue, the issue is our degeneration and alienation from our Turkishness. We are a huge a nation...

Manomed The Second

Committed member
Reactions
1 516
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How many, 3-5 people? Not compared to the number of Arabic names in Turkiye. I am talking about Arab and Arabic names. Including Arabic.

The Quran is universal, it does not belong to the Arabs. Nor is it a tool to impose their culture.

Yes, some of the prophets were not Arabs. But most of them were Semitic, at least the ones mentioned in the Quran.

This is not the issue, the issue is our degeneration and alienation from our Turkishness. We are a huge a nation...
Can we keep the arabic religion or semitic stuff out of TFX please?

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Q7E3WoX.jpg

Only one name fitting: "Big Boy" (koca oglan)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom