Turkey expects to lay ground for Kanal Istanbul project in summer

Canal Istanbul?

• Total voters

Nurhak40

Reactions
I don't remember him being against a bridge that will enable Turkey to prosper, please refresh our memories.
Tayyip-Erdo%C4%9Fan-%C3%9C%C3%A7%C3%BCnc%C3%BC-K%C3%B6pr%C3%BC-728x364.jpg

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,187
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Politics isnt clean
Why would the opposition allow the ruling party to build good projects that will motivate the ppl to revote for them
It is better to stop them and when the opposition gets in power, they build these projects

Iam not saying that to kanal istanbul (as it is a highle controversial project) but many projects, especially the tube, turned out to be good and the CHP used to oppose it
We know the CHP governments from long time ago, they will only give Turkey suffering at every level. We have never seen CHP do any project at all, they only want to stop and backtrack Turkey's development. This is written on stone.

Last edited:

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
We know the CHP governments from long time ago, they will only give Turkey suffering at every level. We have never seen CHP do any project at all, they only want to stop and backtrack Turkey development. This is written on stone.
Unfortunately, the biggest enemy of the Turks are other Turks. And with Turks having no friends but themselves....😓

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,187
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
He opposed the third bridge because of the tube and the subways he would build that would solve Istanbul's transportation problems. Third bridge is useful for the national economy rather than the economy of Istanbul. Making a third bridge untimely would jeopardize other projects thats why he brought up the downsides of the bridge.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
We know the CHP governments from long time ago, they will only give Turkey suffering at every level. We have never seen CHP do any project at all, they only want to stop and backtrack Turkey development. This is written on stone.
When was the last time CHP was on government? Akp is the one hinder project of chp municipalities. It's not other way around.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,187
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was once in İzmir travelling togather with a foreign friend, it was very embarrassing. That same friend came to Istanbul and said the city is nice, it was a couple of years ago.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I lived in Izmir for 12 years, I'd rather prefer living in Izmir than Istanbul. Again, as Istanbul was under akp rule there was more investment supported by the government there. For example about the metro

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't remember him being against a bridge that will enable Turkey to prosper, please refresh our memories.
Im not surprised that you dont remember, Erdogan doesnt remember either, whole AKP is having amnesia when its convenient for them for some reason.
But we havent forgotten how Erdogan was saying the exact same things as CHP today at rallies when he wasnt the ruler yet, but things change when money is involved.

Just need to mention that majority of the population in Istanbul is against the canal, you guys just support it because its Erdogans wish, the Istanbulians neither want nor need the kanal and they will pay back in the next elections which is not far anymore write that down.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was once in İzmir travelling togather with a foreign friend, it was very embarrassing. That same friend came to Istanbul and said the city is nice, it was a couple of years ago.
I was in izmir too, its a lovely city, traffic could be better but other than that its was a very nice city, im saying that even thought i like Istanbul more but for living i would prefer Izmir out of any big city in Turkey.
So cut the mud throwing will you?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,187
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was in izmir too, its a lovely city, traffic could be better but other than that its was a very nice city, im saying that even thought i like Istanbul more but for living i would prefer Izmir out of any big city in Turkey.
So cut the mud throwing will you?
You can't white wash a muddy city. İzmir is a backwards city reminiscent of pre Ak party era Istanbul from what I remember from 5 years back. Stinking sea, shanty neighborhoods and all. You know that you are not in a modern city.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can't white wash a muddy city. İzmir is a backwards city reminiscent of pre Ak party era Istanbul from what I remember from 5 years back. Stinking sea, shanty neighborhoods and all. You know that you are not in a modern city.
Thats literally Bullshit what you say here, shabby neigborhoods exist in Istanbul too, the sea isnt smelling either, i dont know where you get that.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,090
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Bro, you need to take off you AKP-glasses sometimes. Izmir has something that money cant buy.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Canal İstanbul is neither a good project nor a bad project. It is an optional project which should be done when the state coffers are in a healthy position. I would rather finance an aircraft carrier, 4x more I class, more UAVs, and air-defense systems than constructing an optional canal. We can live without a canal we can always make it when we find enough money.

When the covid-19 related financial expansion ends and FED increases the interest rates because of the inflation Turkish lira will make another deep dive. What we do is invest another 15 billion in an optional project. Don't come at me with build-operate-transfer bullshit. It is no magic bullet, in fact, it is worse when used without good calculations and feasibility studies. In AKP government era it is mostly used to transfer wealth from the state to companies.

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
I would rather finance an aircraft carrier
That's already in the works

4x more I class
The I-class is an important milestone in Turkish military, but it is just a normal, modern frigate, nothing more or less. It will soon be surpassed by more advanced and capable frigate designs (TF-2000, TF-4500)

more UAVs
Turkey has almost 200 MALE drones with more capable ones coming.

and air-defense systems
Already cared for and more designs will be unveiled in the near future similar to NASAMS, Spyder, SAMP/T, ESSM, RAM etc.

All the above mentioned projects cost money and generate non. The canal costs money and will generate money.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The I-class is an important milestone in the Turkish military, but it is just a normal, modern frigate, nothing more or less. It will soon be surpassed by more advanced and capable frigate designs (TF-2000, TF-4500)
We don't need 20 TF-2000, 10 TF-4500. We don't have enough budget what we need are workhorse frigates to replace our aging fleet. Ideally, we need 8-12 I class. in reality we will get 4. There won't be any TF-4500 before 2030 and TF-2000 won't be put on a drydock before 2023. This means we need workhorse frigates until 2030.

Male drones don't tell the whole story. We will get only 14 Aksungur and 6-12 Akıncı until the end of 2022. Doubling those numbers should have been a huge boost.

We are procuring a very low amount of air defense system if you compare them to the area we are trying to defend.

Canal won't generate shit. It will need a century to pay back what is paid. You can't force anyone to pay for the canal unless you make it cheaper than the Istanbul strait. You can earn a lot more by applying the real value of the golden franc to the passage fee of the Istanbul strait.

All in all Canal Istanbul is like a big strawberry on the top of a cake. It is not necessary today. It will be good when we have enough to spend. We should be spending our money better.

All the above mentioned projects cost money and generate non.
This is also wrong if you buy more of your own products the prices will come down nationalization effort will gain pace and export chances will increase. The money will revolve inside Turkiye. Companies will put it into production and R&D. Paying billions to 5 Turkish construction companies and some foreign companies doesn't create added value. It means we bury money in the concrete.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom