Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,157
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
WTF is kenya off their meds or something ? :ROFLMAO: What kind of 'greekified' claim is that ?
Probably the right thing is to smooth out the coastline and find the normal into the sea.
Mathematicians to the rescue.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,475
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Somali soldiers are allegedly trained on Bayraktar TB-2 armed use and operation.

Turkey began work in the Somali Capital Mogadishu for the construction of UAV base. The base and the Turkish military personnel will contribute to the security of the Turkish workers in Somalia.

The UAV runway to be created is expected to be near Mogadishu Airport or TURKSOM military camp. Infrastructure studies and personnel training for the runway started.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
A new batch of Turkey-trained Somali commando forces. A welcoming ceremony was held in Somalia for their 6th Infantry Battalion who returned home after completing their commando basic training between 21st Dec 2020 & 7th March 2021 at the Counter-Terrorism Training and Exercise Center Command in Isparta/Türkiye.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I really like what we are doing in Somalia. A friend of mine from the faculty went there as a dentist. My sister who is an academician in a state university constantly mentions how they get students from Somalia(an academician too). So if even I, as an individual, realise this many of occasions with Somalia well this means the point of cooperation with this country is remarkable.

I really hope relationships with Somalia continue to develop regardless of who the government is.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,008
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
The thing you are talking about is why I am quite skeptical about Somalia and all the training and equipment Turkey gives to Mogadishu backed forces. The second these guys see an opportunity they wouldn’t only run away but will abandon the equipment we gave them too... if they don’t sell it on the black market before that. Because that’s just how the way is in Africa.

Discipline, professionalism, organizational skills, loyalty... such things just don’t exist in these lands.

Indeed I agree despite my support for Somalia im also worried that this shit can turn into a loss and an embarassment.

Because you know why THIS IS AFRICA anything can happen a lot of people just cant understand africa how shit is different there if not complicated.

I spoke to a lot of Africans in Australia both Muslim and Non Muslim many even agreed that the land they come from have lost hope in it. When you mention such things never cry racism they actually accept it really want to fix it.

But man as you know those things are nonexistent and shit is getting worse. I hope for the best for Africa same for the Middle East.

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
The thing you are talking about is why I am quite skeptical about Somalia and all the training and equipment Turkey gives to Mogadishu backed forces. The second these guys see an opportunity they wouldn’t only run away but will abandon the equipment we gave them too... if they don’t sell it on the black market before that. Because that’s just how the way is in Africa.

Discipline, professionalism, organizational skills, loyalty... such things just don’t exist in these lands.

That is an extremely racist view, brother. Please refrain from such harsh and generalizing statements.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Why exactly am I a racist? For saying the truth?
far from truth, somalians are different breed, it was pearl of africa before communists took over, i follow news from time to time and slowly but steadily turkish engagement give some fruits, problem is UAE and their infulence on the parts of Somalia unruled by official goverment. central and south africa on other hand is mess from the beginning of colonial times.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,008
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
far from truth, somalians are different breed, it was pearl of africa before communists took over, i follow news from time to time and slowly but steadily turkish engagement give some fruits, problem is UAE and their infulence on the parts of Somalia unruled by official goverment. central and south africa on other hand is mess from the beginning of colonial times.

Somalia is a tribal society throughout its history its been split between clans, tribes and sultanates.

Dictatorship of Saad Baare may have brought peace and stability it was also a awful dicatorship. Saad Barre even committed genocide on various Somali tribes just to keep stability.

They lost the Ogaden war well to be honest Somalia nearly won until the Soviets and Cubans come to save the day for Ethiopia. Best example of snatching defeat in the jaws of victory.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,008
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is an extremely racist view, brother. Please refrain from such harsh and generalizing statements.

Brother I dont think Deliorman said was racist. He did not say Africans are inferior, low iq, subhumans or whatever talking point.

A lot of racists use these talking points just to dehumanise anybody.

Deliorman just basically said what is the reality in Africa. If you talked to many Africans they would agree. Those things Deliorman said basically dont exist.

Africa is in this state due to multiple factors that are complicated at best. Only racists use retarded talking points like skin colour and iq.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Somalia is a tribal society throughout its history its been split between clans, tribes and sultanates.

Dictatorship of Saad Baare may have brought peace and stability it was also a awful dicatorship. Saad Barre even committed genocide on various Somali tribes just to keep stability.

They lost the Ogaden war well to be honest Somalia nearly won until the Soviets and Cubans come to save the day for Ethiopia. Best example of snatching defeat in the jaws of victory.
Aware of it, past is past, what i see now is systematic approach of Turkey towards Somalia, you just not train their military, you have lot of students in Turkey from Somalia who should shape country social and political landscape in future, it is long long term project not shock and awe activity and hopefully it will be successfull, biggest obstacle is so called somali land were rouge leaders are supported from different regional players.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,008
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aware of it, past is past, what i see now is systematic approach of Turkey towards Somalia, you just not train their military, you have lot of students in Turkey from which should shape country social and political landscape in future, it is long long term project not shock and awe activity and hopefully it will be successfull, biggest obstacle is so called somali land were rouge leaders are supported from different regional players.

Hopefully it works. Turkey is there for the long term.

Somalia has lots of challenges. Ins Sha Allah they over come it and become the rising sun of the Horn of Africa.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom