TR Turkic- Military culture thread

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sexiest of all is Timurid flag no questions asked. Three stars that appeared at Tamerlanes birth that was interpreted as luck. Also red on black background? Yeah baby!

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sexiest of all is Timurid flag no questions asked. Three stars that appeared at Tamerlanes birth that was interpreted as luck. Also red on black background? Yeah baby!

I get ptsd from the Timurids in Medieval 2 total war.

My God they fcked me so bad.

Honestly playing as the Turks in all total wars is mission impossible.

All your best units are at late period you are fighting other Muslim factions and you have the crusaders, mongols and the timurids!!

Those elephants trample anything including the gothic knights. Biggest drawback was going amok. Timurids were just too op explains the time period anyway when Timur was op himself.

Did this all by being lame.

What pisses me off is how the Turks are given shit units in every game that pisses me off. Developers and publishers never do their homework.

Also the biggest insult for me is how the total war series loves copy pasting. Turks and Egypt share units Bullshit!!

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Seriously how they group the Turks together and Egypt did not exist apart from being a geographical name ruled by various dynasties.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
images.png

Even Ibn Khaldun felt disallusioned with a united Ummah overtime 😲

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

@Indos

So much action was going on in South East Asia. The Ottomans even sent troops to fight there alongside their Muslim brothers in Indonesia and Malaysia while the Spaniards sent native Mexicans to fight.

South East Asia is usually overlooked in world history. I find it fasinating how Turks and Mamluks made their way into Nusantara. Really fascinating its these unknown bits of Turkic history that fascinates me. I really wonder what Turkish troops thought when they arrived here. For sure it was a different world.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

@Indos

So much action was going on in South East Asia. The Ottomans even sent troops to fight there alongside their Muslim brothers in Indonesia and Malaysia while the Spaniards sent native Mexicans to fight.

South East Asia is usually overlooked in world history. I find it fasinating how Turks and Mamluks made their way into Nusantara. Really fascinating its these unknown bits of Turkic history that fascinates me. I really wonder what Turkish troops thought when they arrived here. For sure it was a different world.

Yup, Aceh was the last one taken by Dutch and it is already in 1910, couple decades after that Indonesia declare its independency in 1945 in which independence war was going on until 1949.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yup, Aceh was the last one taken by Dutch and it is already in 1910, couple decades after that Indonesia declare its independency in 1945 in which independence war was going on until 1949.

The Dutch really struggled to contol the various Indonesian sultanates. Acehenese were tough warriors thats for sure. The Dutch usually avoided forests and jungles where Indonesian warriors ambushed them.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The Dutch really struggled to contol the various Indonesian sultanates. Acehenese were tough warriors thats for sure. The Dutch usually avoided forests and jungles where Indonesian warriors ambushed them.

The Dutch is difficult to defeat Acehnese, then their strategy to defeat Acehnese is to divide between The Ulama and The Sultanate, then when they can do it, Aceh is fall

M

Manomed

I get ptsd from the Timurids in Medieval 2 total war.

My God they fcked me so bad.

Honestly playing as the Turks in all total wars is mission impossible.

All your best units are at late period you are fighting other Muslim factions and you have the crusaders, mongols and the timurids!!

Those elephants trample anything including the gothic knights. Biggest drawback was going amok. Timurids were just too op explains the time period anyway when Timur was op himself.

Did this all by being lame.

What pisses me off is how the Turks are given shit units in every game that pisses me off. Developers and publishers never do their homework.

Also the biggest insult for me is how the total war series loves copy pasting. Turks and Egypt share units Bullshit!!
go play broken crescent mod for the MED2 If you want historically accurate turk units

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
images (50).jpeg

Turcopoles were Christian Turks who served the Byzantines and the Crusaders. Coming from wide range of backgrounds. Turcopoles are said to be Christian Turks of Cumans, Pecheneg or Seljuk stock who became Christian.

They fought with courage and bravery. But Turcopoles were usually executed by Muslim Turkish forces like the Seljuks and Mamluks for being traitors. Saladin also executed Turcopoles for being traitors to Islam.

Pretty interesting piece of history.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
images (51).jpeg

Seljuk Empire vs the Ghaznavid Empire.

Two Turkic Empires clashing for Supremacy in Persia and Central Asia in the Battle of Dandanqan.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
images (52).jpeg

Battle of Malazgirt in 1071. The Turks make Anatolia their home by vanquishing the Byzantine army

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom