Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the Black Sea, the RQ-4 Global Hawk of the US Air Force and Aselsan HavaSOJ preparing for the Turkish Air Force are flying in same area.

FvrLSd_XsAEqpsw

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Could anyone please help me regarding Özgür F16?

I tried really hard to spot any distinctive features to distinguish Özgür F16s from any other in TurAF service (other than that horrible, outdated pixelated camo anppearance) and couldn’t find anything to that end.
Are there any and if so, could you kindly point out any eye catching glimpses to identify them?

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I tried really hard to spot any distinctive features to distinguish Özgür F16s from any other in TurAF service (other than that horrible, outdated pixelated camo anppearance) and couldn’t find anything to that end.
Are there any and if so, could you kindly point out any eye catching glimpses to identify them?
Most of the changes are related to what is inside the aircraft, not sure why you would expect the appaerance to change.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Most of the changes are related to what is inside the aircraft, not sure why you would expect the appaerance to change.
i am aware of the integral EW suite and some avionic upgrades but was just wondering if some of the mentioned EW carried any visible structural extensions. Your answer to my question is no and that’s good enough for me. Thank you (y)

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,957
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Flying Fortresses: TAF AEW&Cs

The Airborne Warning Control Aircrafts, which took off from the 3rd Main Jet Base Command in Konya, performed a mission flight over Romania within the scope of NATO Assurance Measures.
Probably the best decision TuAF made the last five decades but also a mistake not to take the additional two.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Probably the best decision TuAF made the last five decades but also a mistake not to take the additional two.
Absolutely. The +2 option should have been used before the window of opportunity closed, and also we should had procured at least the same number of P-8 MPAs developed on the same 737NG. I think it is unlikely that we will see additional AEW-C aircraft for the next decade. My opinion on this issue is that all A330-200s in THY inventory should be given to the air force for MRTT conversion, but Aselsan should work on 2 of them as an AEW-C aircraft, even though it is wide-body aircraft.

For the next twenty years: additional AEW-C aircrafts with indigenous radar, long range MPAs and for multi-role tanker transport roles - Im just speculating numbers - there is a need for around 18-20 narrow and wide body aircraft. Even if we can handle the long-range MPA roles largely through drones, I think at least 10-12 aircraft will be needed.

As far as I know, there were some ideas to move forward through the cooperation between Aselsan and Antonov, but this has become quite difficult due to the current circumstances. Today, Kotil stated that TAI is preparing to put an airliner project with 60-80 seats and very low seat/flight cost on its agenda in the coming period. If we evaluate this kind of planning according to the current workload, I think it will take at least 10 years before it becomes a project and the aircraft can be produced. If there is no military priority here, it will probably take even more time to turn it into a extended range and a platform for use in military projects.

I believe that until we have our own aircraft, or until there is a co-production/under-licence production prepared with very good conditions, such platforms will continue to be in a very limited number in the TAF inventory. The younger generations are very lucky, because from the mid-2030s they will probably witness a period of expansion of the TAF.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

seems like there is something different on the vertical wing, it looks different than others

Top Bottom