4 232
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
So, this?
FsTepDqWAAAUgg-.jpg

Their range is 150 km though.
Yes i think this is the way to overhelm a Country with a modern Airdefence System . You Push the Airdefence System in Maximum Stress. But with a little bit bigger Booster you can reach much more Speed, altitude and Range.

How the Americans start their war with cruise missiles.
We should get something that is simply much more efficient in terms of the cost-benefit factor.
If we literally bombard a country with these bombs in key positions during the first strike and I mean in this case send hundreds of them, we can win air supremacy in the shortest possible time, the MALE drones would do the rest.
All the time only mass drone air strikes with laser guided bombs for 24 hours I guarantee you the enemy will be demolarized to the maximum he can do nothing without intact air defense.
See Armenia/Mountain Karabakh where we won air supremacy, they had absolutely not a second of a chance and literally ran away from Mount Karabakh because the drone strikes were so extreme.
The advantage would be even greater and more noticeable - we didn't even come close to breaking our ammunition reserves.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes i think this is the way to overhelm a Country with a modern Airdefence System . You Push the Airdefence System in Maximum Stress. But with a little bit bigger Booster you can reach much more Speed, altitude and Range.

How the Americans start their war with cruise missiles.
We should get something that is simply much more efficient in terms of the cost-benefit factor.
If we literally bombard a country with these bombs in key positions during the first strike and I mean in this case send hundreds of them, we can win air supremacy in the shortest possible time, the MALE drones would do the rest.
All the time only mass drone air strikes with laser guided bombs for 24 hours I guarantee you the enemy will be demolarized to the maximum he can do nothing without intact air defense.
See Armenia/Mountain Karabakh where we won air supremacy, they had absolutely not a second of a chance and literally ran away from Mount Karabakh because the drone strikes were so extreme.
The advantage would be even greater and more noticeable - we didn't even come close to breaking our ammunition reserves.
You can't achieve air supremacy with just GLSDB's. You have to know where all those air defences are.
Azerbaijan used AN-2 cropdusters as decoys to unveil Armenian S-300's. Then they used Israeli Harops on them. THEN they used TB2's.
Americans deploy a MASSIVE amount of ISR assets to know where to yeet those cruise missiles to. They even get help from CIA's OSINT and HUMINT efforts. All that before a single shot is even fired.
And even with those, in the end, it all comes to the airplanes you have.

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 232
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can't achieve air supremacy with just GLSDB's. You have to know where all those air defences are.
Azerbaijan used AN-2 cropdusters as decoys to unveil Armenian S-300's. Then they used Israeli Harops on them. THEN they used TB2's.
Americans deploy a MASSIVE amount of ISR assets to know where to yeet those cruise missiles to. They even get help from CIA's OSINT and HUMINT efforts. All that before a single shot is even fired.
And even with those, in the end, it all comes to the airplanes you have.
How would you know that if it has never been used in a first strike?

That's a hypothetical question about how you could take out a modern air defense with completely new means, like in this case the glide bomb with a solid booster, by the sheer number of these bombs. It's not as if Turkey doesn't know where Greece has placed its fighter fleet to get a valuable target.

Turkey also has an intelligence service and, more importantly, spy satellites to identify these targets.

It is not a question of what conditions must be met in order to obtain a potential target.

We are assuming that this has already happened, and my mind game is simply what would happen if Turkey were to equip several vehicles with these launchers, these glide bombs, to fire them in the middle of the night from the Turkish coast to Greece.

And I'm talking here about hundreds, perhaps thousands of these bombs being fired simultaneously.

The number can be calculated to the extent that modern air defense systems can detect and disable them simultaneously, so let's just double or triple it.

It's not that the air defense systems can reload their missiles within seconds, they can only fire a certain number of missiles per station and that's it for some time.

They are forced to fire them or they will be caught one way or another.

Unlike modern cruise missiles, ballistic missiles and the like, these glide bombs would be just totally cheap to produce, and so you could send out a whole swarm of these bombs.

Remember, this is about the opening strike or first strike, what has to happen after that to keep up the pressure is not the subject of my hypothesis.

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How would you know that if it has never been used in a first strike?
I never claimed that you can't use these to make the 1st strike. They are indeed an excellent weapon to use in such strikes.

Your mind and heart is in the right place. But you're looking at it a bit too shallow. Those glide bombs

1. Need up-to-date GPS coordinates to score a hit, since the target systems can be packed up and moved within mere minutes.
  2. Need to also hit runways, aircraft hangars, fuel depots, and such similar targets.
  3. Have to be actually enticing for those radars to lock and yeet a missile to. SDB's are quite stealthy.
In short, SDB spam good, but not enough.

I recommend you watch this simulated attack to an integrated air defense system, and study what it takes to dismantle such a system.

BaburKhan

Committed member
Reactions
5 618
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany
There is no need for extra precautions,our missiles and subs are enough to cover the Mediterranean.

This Year the first Reis Class Submarine will enter in Service, others will join the coming Years. So far so good. Also Anka-3 will join next Year, inshallah.

What I really miss are sophisticatet ISR Capabillities like SAR Satelittes and high Altitude ISR UAV, similar like the MQ-4 Triton with ASELSAN SAR Pod. SAR Satelittes are very important and Göktürk- III is a have SAR Radar, but this Programm faced Delays. I read from Different Sources, some write it will be launched 2025 other from 2028.

On the example from a simluted Scenario were China use DF-21 against the USS Ronald Reagan, it will be clear how important SAR Satelittes are.

The other Scenario show how an high Altitude ISR UAV, the MQ-4 Triton provide Intelligence for the B-1 Bomber to track the chinese CSG.

Similar Scenarios can happen in the eastern Mediterran, exact locating and tracking decide if any attempt to strike an enemy CSG will be Successfull. No Matter if the Weapon of Choice will be a Submarine or a Tayfun ASBM.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 443
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A hypothetical question: let's say we were planning a first strike against Greece.

How could we do that by surprising them and taking out their air defense system
A single routine missile test or a disguised trade ship based EMP weapon could temporarily blind all radars, unprotected electronics to make way and improve the chances of our surprise attack. The fastest ballistic missiles we have will go first. A massive barrage will take out most critical targets like air defenses, F-35s, ships etc. Only then our subsonic assets will have some chance. Also, since they will have F-35s, we will not have air superiority to do what America does in these situations; DEAD. So trying to use anti radiation missiles, Kizilelma, TB2, KAAN etc. wouldn't work against F-35s and Patriots. This best case scenario of course still wouldn't stop, the rest of the world attacking us.

Without openly testing our hydrogen bomb beforehand, we will not be able to deter a devastating direct western reprisal. If we prove we have enough hydrogen bombs and a true nuclear triad, then we will be as safe against the west as the Russians are. Meaning crushing embargoes and a long war of attrition, with Greece getting unlimited conventional support without the west directly attacking us. But since we lack allies and oil resources or trillions unlike Russians, we will eventually lose despite doing everything else right militarily.

So it is best to stay friends with Greece if they allow us, by not being confrontational against us.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A single routine missile test or a disguised trade ship based EMP weapon could temporarily blind all radars, unprotected electronics to make way and improve the chances of our surprise attack. The fastest ballistic missiles we have will go first. A massive barrage will take out most critical targets like air defenses, F-35s, ships etc. Only then our subsonic assets will have some chance. Also, since they will have F-35s, we will not have air superiority to do what America does in these situations; DEAD. So trying to use anti radiation missiles, Kizilelma, TB2, KAAN etc. wouldn't work against F-35s and Patriots. This best case scenario of course still wouldn't stop, the rest of the world attacking us.

Without openly testing our hydrogen bomb beforehand, we will not be able to deter a devastating direct western reprisal. If we prove we have enough hydrogen bombs and a true nuclear triad, then we will be as safe against the west as the Russians are. Meaning crushing embargoes and a long war of attrition, with Greece getting unlimited conventional support without the west directly attacking us. But since we lack allies and oil resources or trillions like Russians do, we will eventually lose despite doing everything else right militarily.

So it is best to stay friends with Greece if they allow us, by not being confrontational against us.
How is that we have no allies.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 443
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How is that we have no allies.
Who will stand against entire world on our side if we attack Greece first? We may have allies now but they wouldn't be with us if we do a surprise attack as the OP suggests.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Who will stand against entire world on our side if we attack Greece first? We may have allies now but they wouldn't be with us if we do a surprise attack as the OP suggests.
We don't attack without a pretext, we wait until Greece does madness. We start drilling our sees, Greece freaks out.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,837
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
How could we do that by surprising them and taking out their air defense system, that's just the first step, without firing the really good stuff first, e.g. cruise/ballistic missiles. In my plan, I want to force the Greeks to fire their air defense missiles and not be able to reload and aim them, even if they can take out multiple targets at once.
ADS are not active permanently. In a war scenario, we would “bling” them first. Before hitting them. Of course, blinding their ADS would give them the sign, we are coming.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom