TR Navy Turkish Navy|News & Discussions

zio

Reactions
5 508
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
High subsonic missiles fly at approximately 300 m/sn so superrapid fires 2 ammo per second its not logical to me but 40/70 mm double barrel makes 10 ammo per second,more logic.We made 40mm but nobody cares it,what a pity.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
65 8,793
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is another question if MKE can manage the supply chain and catch up with the building schedule of 7 I-Class and 8 ADKG, and future planned 7 TTHB until 2030, plus the exports.
For some reason, I really doubt it. Really hope the gun is not what delays the deliveries in the future, huge possible bottleneck.

To add, we don't know if the navy is interested in the 76mm gun for CIWS duty, just that it would be great to have it as option. But it won't be an option unless MKE builds an SR equivalent or Aselsan works on 76mm ATOM rounds.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
85 8,524
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
For some reason, I really doubt it. Really hope the gun is not what delays the deliveries in the future, huge possible bottleneck.

To add, we don't know if the navy is interested in the 76mm gun for CIWS duty, just that it would be great to have it as option. But it won't be an option unless MKE builds an SR equivalent or Aselsan works on 76mm ATOM rounds.

I don't think merely 76 ATOM is going to be enough. it has to be maneuverable.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
27 3,154
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
or Aselsan works on 76mm ATOM rounds.

2021 MKE

"As you know, we are producing ATOM ammunition together with our distinguished company ASELSAN. In this context, we are developing particle and smart ammunition for 76/62mm."

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom