Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,558
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
So, basically nato ally mantra is sham for media consuption, i knew that but tought bulgaria with large turkish minority would be more considerate,
Thx on reply, anyway put it in "defter" and when the time comes....

Bro, ever since the Arab “Spring” started Bulgaria’s arms and ammo exports skyrocketed. In the main factories in Sopot and Kazanlak (Terem and Arsenal) as far as I know they doubled the personnel and work 24/7. On top of that much of the weapons and ammo from the old stocks are being sold too- we have a huge underground base near my town where much of the weapons and rockets were taken by trucks and exported through the Port and Airport of Burgas nearby. I have heard and seen on flightradar24 Saudi Airways Cargo flying over my town many times. 😁

On top of that like 25km away from us you have an American base/Training center named Novo Selo where apparently Blackwater even trained Libyan fighters etc.

Weapons trade and trafficking are things that fill many pockets not only here but in Eastern Europe in general too... Serbia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Albania- who cares, for money they will sell to anyone. Bulgaria has lots of connections and is involved in the Middle East arms trade/ trafficking since the Cold War too. The Arab World is a traditional customer. Bulgaria was a safe haven for many members of the PKK too so you have the old Commie Party connections there too probably.

You can buy everything on the Black Market.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
The thing that many people misunderstand is that these weapons are not directly supplied to X group. The most of the Bulgarian weapons and ammunition is supplied to governments which later lost them to groups, transferred them to groups which later lost them in battle or they were sold to the black market by corrupt elements.

The problem here is that it is a two way road. You can't force nobody not to sell. Those are international sellers that are serving certain agendas. I want to remind that Turkey have been a good customer with estimated 87 million dollars worth of equipment according to information of the OCCRP that is more than 4 years old. I am sure the number is even higher now. Those same suppliers helped Turkey in supplying and equipping also its own proxy forces together with Azerbaijani, Moldovan cargo planes even breaching UN embargoes at times. Those are open services and that's how things work. In order to understand how things work Serbian suppliers even supplied Ukraine. For me if the Russians are angry then it's good to go. As for some of these supplies ending in terrorist organizations hands it is inevitable. There are even MKEK's products on the black market to. That doesn't mean that we cut the supplies. It is just part of the process. Battle losses and corruption will always be there. Our objective in that regard is make everything possible to counter corruption and train our forces in order not to lose weapons on the battlefield but it's not including countering international and respected (our own) suppliers work. If we want to counter proliferation of weapons aimed at endangering the Turkish national security the things we can do are targeting middle men and sabotaging depots of the enemy. Both are being worked on and actions toward that direction are taken.

Within the special warfare initiatives of our security forces the man responsible for the logistics of the PKK terrorist organization Ibrahim Parim with code name "Laşer" was captured in Sinjar and brought to Turkey by MIT earlier this year.
View attachment 21161

I know its very difficult to prevent it. That's why I posted what Russia did for foreshadowing. Along with intelligence operations, what we should also do is to try to diplomatically pressure these countries to at least try to make it more difficult for organized criminals. Try to make EU pull their politicians leash a bit. I know it would not fix the problem but it can improve it a little bit. Doing that just by diplomatic channels would be an success. It can work because its a problem for EU too.

Last edited:

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Bro, ever since the Arab “Spring” started Bulgaria’s arms and ammo exports skyrocketed. In the main factories in Sopot and Kazanlak (Terem and Arsenal) as far as I know they doubled the personnel and work 24/7. On top of that much of the weapons and ammo from the old stocks are being sold too- we have a huge underground base near my town where much of the weapons and rockets were taken by trucks and exported through the Port and Airport of Burgas nearby. I have heard and seen on flightradar24 Saudi Airways Cargo flying over my town many times. 😁

On top of that like 25km away from us you have an American base/Training center named Novo Selo where apparently Blackwater even trained Libyan fighters etc.

Weapons trade and trafficking are things that fill many pockets not only here but in Eastern Europe in general too... Serbia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Albania- who cares, for money they will sell to anyone. Bulgaria has lots of connections and is involved in the Middle East arms trade/ trafficking since the Cold War too. The Arab World is a traditional customer. Bulgaria was a safe haven for many members of the PKK too so you have the old Commie Party connections there too probably.

Most of the points you amd Kartal1 said was familiar to me in certain extent but i was thinking EU tightened the grip with monitoring and regulations and made it more difficult to traffic it semi illegally but apparantly it was not. Anyway thank you for further clarification.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,789
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
What to comment mate !?
"I don't understand the logic of Turks some times" You should STOP be Naive.
I mean following:
"There are countries or groups or individuals which have the power to MAKE MONEY it is called "GREED" and Moto of those ppl is "USE ALL OF YOU POWER to MAKE MONEY".
THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT AGREEMENTS or ALLIES.

They have/make products and goal is to sell it to HIGHER BIDDER usually they are:
1. One of you ALLY which try to COVER his tracks by giving products to terrorists or groups
2. Dictators which are afraid from all others around him
3. Terrorists groups
4. Assassins

Last edited:

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

I am not an arms researcher but MANPADS given to PKK are state sponsored on almost all occasions. MANPADS are very tightly controlled even in weapon smuggling countries as how dangerous it is to civilian aircraft. Whats available in black market is mostly early gens and still they are not going to sell to everyone. 2nd gen Strela-2 is common, so many countries, Pashmerga has them.

Advanced Manpads are strategic weapon for PKK. Most advanced system used by PKK was 3rd gen Igla Manpad. Armenia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Iraq etc. have them. Countries provided the systems to PKK in small numbers.

More countries that can give to PKK like Armenia and Syria etc. are acquiring next gen Manpads. Wouldn't be surprised if they are given to PKK.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Most of the points you amd Kartal1 said was familiar to me in certain extent but i was thinking EU tightened the grip with monitoring and regulations and made it more difficult to traffic it semi illegally but apparantly it was not. Anyway thank you for further clarification.
I actually think Bosnia should harness their capability and do like Bulgaria. Export, improve arms and get a network.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I actually think Bosnia should harness their capability and do like Bulgaria. Export, improve arms and get a network.
we are doing what we can, lot of space for improvement but it is process, we are already in infantry ammunitions sector on 100% of capacity and it is already sold out, i think they are now working on larger calibers production lines for 12,7, 20, 30mm. we need some strategic partners for expansion of products pallet and advanced technology additions, we have some interesting capabilites regarding artillery systems but as small state with limited resources and lack of diplomatic network you mentioned it is hard to penetrate market.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know its very difficult to prevent it. That's why I posted what Russia did for foreshadowing. Along with intelligence operations, what we should also do is to try to diplomatically pressure these countries to at least try to make it more difficult for organized criminals. Try to make EU pull their politicians leash a bit. I know it would not fix the problem but it can improve it a little bit. Doing that just by diplomatic channels would be an success. It can work because its a problem for EU too.
I think we should clarify something. I think you both misunderstand one point. The problem is not in the suppliers but in corruption and battle losses in the areas (government, non-State actors included). These same suppliers are also our suppliers and if we try to pressure them it will not only be ineffective but also will have a negative impact on our own supplies. These weapons are not going directly to the PKK, ISIS, HTS etc. They are government issue later distributed to the armed forces, non-State actors and the black market by clients. For example there are even Iraqi Government issued Croatian made HS Produkt VHS 5.56x45 assault rifles circulating freely on the black market both in Iraq and Syria for ~3500$. That doesn't mean we pressure Croatia to halt selling weapons and ammunition to their clients.
1621494886653.png

1621494919368.png

Turkish MKEK HAR-66 in the hands of ISIS, PKK other radical groups in Idlib. Its price is varying in Idlib around ~100-200$.
1621495395469.png

1621495458263.png

1621495528927.png

I am not an arms researcher but MANPADS given to PKK are state sponsored on almost all occasions. MANPADS are very tightly controlled even in weapon smuggling countries as how dangerous it is to civilian aircraft. Whats available in black market is mostly early gens and still they are not going to sell to everyone. 2nd gen Strela-2 is common, so many countries, Pashmerga has them.

Advanced Manpads are strategic weapon for PKK. Most advanced system used by PKK was 3rd gen Igla Manpad. Armenia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Iraq etc. have them. Countries provided the systems to PKK in small numbers.

More countries that can give to PKK like Armenia and Syria etc. are acquiring next gen Manpads. Wouldn't be surprised if they are given to PKK.
MANPADS according to sources are being supplied in limited numbers by Russia and Iran.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This Guy claims that Iraq's Baghdad Government gave their ok for a Sinjar OP but Iran send Troops to intervene.

Iraq PM alKadhimi is said to have a good working relationship with Turkish MIT chief Hakan Fidan: according to a local Kurdish source, Kadhimi tacitly accepted Turkish plan to invade Sinjar but Iran-backed militias turned against it by sending 1000s of troops to the region.

Bwar News, an Iraqi Kurdish website, also claims that senior Turkish intelligence officials met with KDP in Erbil just before the Eid, told them the plan to invade Sinjar is still on and that they insist to expel PKK-aligned local Yazidi groups YBŞ and Asayish Ezidxan.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
This Guy claims that Iraq's Baghdad Government gave their ok for a Sinjar OP but Iran send Troops to intervene.

Iraq PM alKadhimi is said to have a good working relationship with Turkish MIT chief Hakan Fidan: according to a local Kurdish source, Kadhimi tacitly accepted Turkish plan to invade Sinjar but Iran-backed militias turned against it by sending 1000s of troops to the region.

Bwar News, an Iraqi Kurdish website, also claims that senior Turkish intelligence officials met with KDP in Erbil just before the Eid, told them the plan to invade Sinjar is still on and that they insist to expel PKK-aligned local Yazidi groups YBŞ and Asayish Ezidxan.

Everyone knows at this point that Iran opposes Sinjar operation. Iranian proxies attacked a Turkish base in Iraq last month. Iran is going to try to deter Turkey using missile attacks. If we had C-RAM systems, we would had been much comfortable carrying it out such operation.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Everyone knows at this point that Iran opposes Sinjar operation. Iranian proxies attacked a Turkish base in Iraq last month. Iran is going to try to deter Turkey using missile attacks. If we had C-RAM systems, we would had been much comfortable carrying it out such operation.

I am still confused on how such an operation could take place due to missing connection to the Turkish border.

1621541767396.png

> Perhaps Erbil Government will provide Ground Troops and TAF will assist with close air support, but the region isn't inside the KRG area of influence.

> That leaves one option Turkish Troops with Close Air Support walk in and turn Sinjar into an Army Base. Perhaps stationing T129 ATAKs there.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am still confused on how such an operation could take place due to missing connection to the Turkish border.

View attachment 21206

> Perhaps Erbil Government will provide Ground Troops and TAF will assist with close air support, but the region isn't inside the KRG area of influence.

> That leaves one option Turkish Troops with Close Air Support walk in and turn Sinjar into an Army Base. Perhaps stationing T129 ATAKs there.

If there would be a operation, it would be done together with Iraqi Army. Iraq would provide ground troops while Turkey provides air cover. Turkish SOF would probably get stationed in the mountain range. Army probably set up temporary bases with helicopters. Later permanent base when the area is secured with ground logistics.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom