Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,804
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
1621587287786.png

For ppl who don't have access to Livemap.

Out of curiosity, I wonder why the KGR borderline is drawn like that. I would imagine that the road from Mosul to Turkey would/could have been the borderline. That would effectively cut off KRG from Syria as well.

Well, if Iraq Government ever becomes strong that may change.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 21249

For ppl who don't have access to Livemap.

Out of curiosity, I wonder why the KGR borderline is drawn like that. I would imagine that the road from Mosul to Turkey would/could have been the borderline. That would effectively cut off KRG from Syria as well.

Well, if Iraq Government ever becomes strong that may change.

Are you telling me that we should cut KRG border with Syria, form a Sunni crescent (direct land path from Turkey to Iraqi Sunni majority areas), reinstate an proper Iraqi government. Form a Sunni army and back Turkmens. Stop Iraq from being Iran's playground?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,804
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are you telling me that we should cut KRG border with Syria, form a Sunni crescent (direct land path from Turkey to Iraqi Sunni majority areas), reinstate an proper Iraqi government. Form a Sunni army and back Turkmens. Stop Iraq from being Iran's playground?
While that’s an interesting thought, I was just pointing out how KRG seems to have gotten a large autonomous region effectively cutting off Iraq from Turkey and at the same time the water ressources.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
While that’s an interesting thought, I was just pointing out how KRG seems to have gotten a large autonomous region effectively cutting off Iraq from Turkey and at the same time the water ressources.

It's not autonomous at all really. Iraqi government pays KRG's salaries. KRG lost Kirkuk, one of their largest income source. Stability in KRG region depends on Iraq and Turkey. It's in Turkey's interest to keep KRG region somewhat stable and make sure everyone knows because it's because of Turkish investment.

Iraq did in many occasions show intent to take control of KRG-Syria border. Having an direct land connection between Iraq and Turkey is very strategic. For energy security, regions security, economy etc.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,685
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the Claw-Lightning and Claw-Thunderbolt operations in the north of Iraq, search and scanning activities continue uninterruptedly. A large number of weapons and ammunition belonging to the terrorist organization PKK were seized in the caves and shelters detected.

Also according to sources 4 terrorists from which 2 important people in the organization were neutralized in a join TSK-MIT operation in Duhok.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,926
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the Claw-Lightning and Claw-Thunderbolt operations in the north of Iraq, search and scanning activities continue uninterruptedly. A large number of weapons and ammunition belonging to the terrorist organization PKK were seized in the caves and shelters detected.

Also according to sources 4 terrorists from which 2 important people in the organization were neutralized in a join TSK-MIT operation in Duhok.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,096
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I saw a video once where this was happening at a wedding and the guy ended up messing up and killing the bride. Absolute nutters!

Firing at the sky helps keep the planet safe from aliens 🤣🤣

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
UPDATE on the IRAQ OP

> Circles indicate new safe areas with Boots on the ground

1622079524910.png

1. Circle is METINA Area and currently where most of the Clashes are happening especially the Village of Kista has been attempted to take over by the Turkish Forces for several days now, there is constantly T129s in the Air and being shot at by MANPADS and this one might even be hit.

- I wish the T129 FAZ 2 would have been delivered to the Land Forces first because here they really need it.

2. Circle indicates that this OP also involves ZAP AREA which makes the 3 Fronts unlike previous OPs with 1 at a time.

3.Circle has been Geolocated by the last video published by MOD.

All this Info by team https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/tr/map/anatoliaintel_574675#10/37.2298/43.7077

Attachments

• 1622079752021.png
    1622079752021.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 52

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
1. Circle is METINA Area and currently where most of the Clashes are happening especially the Village of Kista has been attempted to take over by the Turkish Forces for several days now, there is constantly T129s in the Air and being shot at by MANPADS and this one might even be hit.

- I wish the T129 FAZ 2 would have been delivered to the Land Forces first because here they really need it.

MANPAD batteries take time to charge. You can't just turn it on and fire. There has to be a scout(s) warning MANPAD crew beforehand to get ready. Flying fast and low using the terrain is very important for the helicopter. It greatly lowers MANPADs crew's reaction time. Helicopter also uses jamming systems to cut communications near it. The helicopter would be gone by the time they can react and fire. One of the disadvantages of this is it leaves the helicopter vulnerable to small arms fire. Attack helicopter would have to use night as a advantage. This is the reason why majority of T129 footage is during night. T129 is vulnerable to small arms fire. Unlike T129, ATAK 2 is going to have a armored cockpit, that can survive 12.7mm. We are going to be able to put a lot more systems (30mm gun), sensors on it. DIRCM is being developed for ATAK 2. Our drone backed operation capabilities are getting better and better. T129 ATAK was recently integrated with ANKA UAV. T129 was able to get footage directly from ANKA. That will greatly increase situational awareness. There is so many capabilities yet to see.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,804
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yellow colour on the map shows where the PKK terrorists are operating.

Btw what are the chances that local population in those areas are not sleeper cells for PKK ? We know that most people who oppose PKK are usually harassed out of the areas, so I get the feeling that those that remain will be pro-PKK.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom