Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
As a hot topic, I want to mention that majority of Turkish Cypriots does not support brutality and cruelty against Palestinians ( in terms of human rights, as we have highly educated population) And when those events started in Sheikh Jarrah, many people here learned about it and shared many things to support those innocent people.. Showing empathy and solidarity.. But at the same time we have no sympathy to Hamas / Fatah or PLO , in fact most Turkish Cypriots hate because they always sided with our enemy!! Yasser Arafat visited island in 1963 or 64 and give full support to Makarios, they condemned the operation in 1974! and they openly said Turkey is invader/occupier like Israel and should give the lands back to Greeks in 1983 (when we founded TRNC).. Erdogan's arab buddies didn't stopped there of course, they joined East Med forum and openly give support to Greeks even today! I hate how Israel is treating the majority but no sympathy to both sides.. To be honest Israel never have good relations with Greek Cyprus until One minute Show of Mr. Erdogan. They didn't recognized TRNC but neither they were working against us or enforcing isolations hardly until relations with Turkey got worse.

After Hamas exploited the recent problems to turn this into full conflict which will only benefit bibi and Hamas and harm civilians, I see many Turkish Cypriots are starting to ignore it in contrary to Mainland Turks. Well they have no power to beat Israel yet provoking for bombings.. Using civilian places as a cover, I don't see any difference than what PKK tried to do in Turkey couple of years ago. When seeing how Turkish Police was treating opposing groups, students or people in gezi, I just don't believe it is about lives of innocents.

Why would we support these guys when they always side with our enemy?

1621121286094.png

Nicos Anastasiades (so called president of RoC) / Mahmoud-Abbas

1621123144888.png

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think it’s an emotional attachment. But I’d like to think it’s to restrain Israel and empower the Palestinians. Geostrategic. We don’t want Israel to rule it all and begin expansionism.

I don’t see it as anything but delaying tactics until nukes become widespread. That’s when expansionisms die out

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,823
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
As a hot topic, I want to mention that majority of Turkish Cypriots does not support brutality and cruelty against Palestinians ( in terms of human rights, as we have highly educated population) And when those events started in Sheikh Jarrah, many people here learned about it and shared many things to support those innocent people.. Showing empathy and solidarity.. But at the same time we have no sympathy to Hamas / Fatah or PLO , in fact most Turkish Cypriots hate because they always sided with our enemy!! Yasser Arafat visited island in 1963 or 64 and give full support to Makarios, they condemned the operation in 1974! and they openly said Turkey is invader/occupier like Israel and should give the lands back to Greeks in 1983 (when we founded TRNC).. Erdogan's arab buddies didn't stopped there of course, they joined East Med forum and openly give support to Greeks even today! I hate how Israel is treating the majority but no sympathy to both sides.. To be honest Israel never have good relations with Greek Cyprus until One minute Show of Mr. Erdogan. They didn't recognized TRNC but neither they were working against us or enforcing isolations hardly until relations with Turkey got worse.

After Hamas exploited the recent problems to turn this into full conflict which will only benefit bibi and Hamas and harm civilians, I see many Turkish Cypriots are starting to ignore it in contrary to Mainland Turks. Well they have no power to beat Israel yet provoking for bombings.. Using civilian places as a cover, I don't see any difference than what PKK tried to do in Turkey couple of years ago. When seeing how Turkish Police was treating opposing groups, students or people in gezi, I just don't believe it is about lives of innocents.

Why would we support these guys when they always side with our enemy?

View attachment 20910

Nicos Anastasiades (so called president of RoC) / Mahmoud-Abbas

View attachment 20911

Why should we support Israel??

You do realise Israel now supports Southern Cyprus.

Both sides can go to hell for all I care artik.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Why should we support Israel??

You do realise Israel now supports Southern Cyprus.

Both sides can go to hell for all I care artik.
Countries does not support each other, they care about their interests. Not being enemies with Israel is the thing best serves to our interests (TRNC & Turkey.) You don't need to support Israel but you don't need to openly confront just implying, pretty much same thing (we shouldn't involve). Israel now supports Southern Cyprus is a reality after 2009 and 2010, before they were not friends. South Cyprus, ASALA, PKK and PLO used to be best buddies, South Cy supported and harboured Palestinian resistance for years. Palestinians has supported and still supporting Greek Cyprus, that is why they joined their East Med clown show, while calling Turkey invader. This is just the reality that has not been discussed in Turkey but Turkish Cypriots knows for years. I am just trying to put perspective of TRNC. But people here also against policies of Israel, which is actually doing ethnic cleansing in West Bank, similar to Greeks tried to do my people.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,823
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Countries does not support each other, they care about their interests. Not being enemies with Israel is the thing best serves to our interests (TRNC & Turkey.) You don't need to support Israel but you don't need to openly confront just implying, pretty much same thing (we shouldn't involve). Israel now supports Southern Cyprus is a reality after 2009 and 2010, before they were not friends. South Cyprus, ASALA, PKK and PLO used to be best buddies, South Cy supported and harboured Palestinian resistance for years. Palestinians has supported and still supporting Greek Cyprus, that is why they joined their East Med clown show, while calling Turkey invader. This is just the reality that has not been discussed in Turkey but Turkish Cypriots knows for years. I am just trying to put perspective of TRNC. But people here also against policies of Israel, which is actually doing ethnic cleansing in West Bank, similar to Greeks tried to do my people.

In the East Med not just Israel but you also have Palestine against us. Crazy how Israelis and Palestinians can unite their interests against us.

Last edited:

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know why but it seems to me like there isn't enough Promo for the Günsel B9 out there.

> Really smart to design a small and affordable city car.

The Serial Production Facility is almost ready as well. ( 4th Quarter Start of Production )

1621716600203.png

1621716726787.png

1621716637119.png

Günsel B9 Features​

Some of the technical features of the B9 model, inspired by Muflon, the symbol of Cyprus, by more than 100 Turkish engineers and designers within the Near East University, are as follows:

► It reaches from 0 to 100 kilometers in a short time like 8 seconds.
► Can reach a maximum speed of 170 km / h (electronically limited).
► B9, which has an electric motor of 140 KW, can reach a range of 350 km.
► It can be charged in half an hour with supercharging.
► It has a generator brake system that does not waste energy.

Günsel Production Facility

It is planned to produce 2000 vehicles in the last quarter of 2021 and up to 30 thousand vehicles by 2025 at the Günsel Production Facility, which operates in the Near East University campus, which is located on a 20 thousand square meter area in Nicosia, the capital of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know why but it seems to me like there isn't enough Promo for the Günsel B9 out there.

> Really smart to design a small and affordable city car.

The Serial Production Facility is almost ready as well. ( 4th Quarter Start of Production )

View attachment 21451
View attachment 21453
View attachment 21452

Günsel B9 Features​

Some of the technical features of the B9 model, inspired by Muflon, the symbol of Cyprus, by more than 100 Turkish engineers and designers within the Near East University, are as follows:

► It reaches from 0 to 100 kilometers in a short time like 8 seconds.
► Can reach a maximum speed of 170 km / h (electronically limited).
► B9, which has an electric motor of 140 KW, can reach a range of 350 km.
► It can be charged in half an hour with supercharging.
► It has a generator brake system that does not waste energy.

Günsel Production Facility

It is planned to produce 2000 vehicles in the last quarter of 2021 and up to 30 thousand vehicles by 2025 at the Günsel Production Facility, which operates in the Near East University campus, which is located on a 20 thousand square meter area in Nicosia, the capital of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
I think and hope it'll be sold in Turkey as well. I applaud the whole idea and implementation. Done much better than RTE/AKP domestic car.

If the price is decent too, I could imagine this car being exported to EU.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,823
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think and hope it'll be sold in Turkey as well. I applaud the whole idea and implementation. Done much better than RTE/AKP domestic car.

Togg is better look at the design..

Pininfarnia baby!!

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

>Politics play a huge part in Turkey because the ideological landscape is cast and intolerant to flaws.

RTE is talking about the new and big Turkey so often, if the first domestic would have been a city car that would be inadequate to his statements.
That's why they started with an SUV, a big and luxurious car as demonstration for a wealthy Turkey and it is going to work even though most people wont be able to afford it.

Just imagine after all the Hype. The presentation would have been something like the Günsel B9, the Public would have ripped it apart I believe.

> KKTC is different. Small and western oriented mindset, so they wont mind a smaller and more efficient car.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,057
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
>Politics play a huge part in Turkey because the ideological landscape is cast and intolerant to flaws.

RTE is talking about the new and big Turkey so often, if the first domestic would have been a city car that would be inadequate to his statements.
That's why they started with an SUV, a big and luxurious car as demonstration for a wealthy Turkey and it is going to work even though most people wont be able to afford it.

Just imagine after all the Hype. The presentation would have been something like the Günsel B9, the Public would have ripped it apart I believe.

> KKTC is different. Small and western oriented mindset, so they wont mind a smaller and more efficient car.
There are other factors as well. It is easier to make a living and service as a car manufacturer if you are producing vehicles for the segment TOGG is targeting. The mass market/ almost commoditized vehicles segment is extremely competitive and very hard for a new car manufacturer to enter as you'll need insane volumes and cost efficiency. Over time TOGG will probably enter the mass-market, just like Tesla.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
It has a sleek design. And 350km is pretty decent. It’s perfect for city driving. But I guess they’d need many charging stations to travel from one big city to another.

Should have bought Saab like hoe China bought Volvo and tutned it into super luxurious brand

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
It has a sleek design. And 350km is pretty decent. It’s perfect for city driving. But I guess they’d need many charging stations to travel from one big city to another.

Should have bought Saab like hoe China bought Volvo and tutned it into super luxurious brand
The longest distance you could drive in N.Cyprus is around 250 km. There is already a big company "In-Charge" investing in charging stations around petrol stations. In 10 years TRNC would become EV dominated market. Günsel production rate will not be so high initially so first it is intended for local market, then Turkey then EU via South Side (Green Line Regulation). Currently they are promoting and marketing the car city by city, deliveries will start soon. Also we are nearly reaching 100 MW Solar PV capacity, however our grid cannot handle more without infrastructure, a back up power plant or underwater cable to Turkey. So IMO, everything would get better if we connect to Turkey's grid, during the day solar, in the night traditional or imported, and EVs on the road, we could get energy independency in coming decades.

1622131290958.png

1622131261615.png

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,603
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdogan is gearing up for a big announcement on 20 July in TRNC. Rumors say it is either about huge has discoveries in the area between Cyprus and Turkey or recognition of TRNC by some friendly countries. I would say it is about the gas discoveries.

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdogan is gearing up for a big announcement on 20 July in TRNC. Rumors say it is either about huge has discoveries in the area between Cyprus and Turkey or recognition of TRNC by some friendly countries. I would say it is about the gas discoveries.
He'll declare his intention to incorporate the territory of NC into the Republic of Turkey if the EU won't change her stance on this issue fundamentally. A timeline (more like a deadline) will be given, too.

Top Bottom