Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 631
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece

Pakistani diplomats are visiting the TRNC between 11-13 July.
This is an official challenge from Pakistan to Greece & Republic of Cyprus as no state officially recognizes the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, except for Turkey. There should be strong criticism from the EU on the Pakistani side and deportation of their Ambassadors + financial sanctions. The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus may be practically valid for 47 years, but officially, morally and legally they belong to the territorial integrity of the Republic of Cyprus.

Last edited:

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is an official challenge from Pakistan to Greece & Republic of Cyprus as no state officially recognizes the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, except for Turkey. There should be strong criticism from the EU on the Pakistani side and deportation of their Ambassadors + financial sanctions. The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus may be practically valid for 47 years, but officially, morally and legally they belong to the territorial integrity of the Republic of Cyprus.

Greece exports to Pakistan is around $29 million. Pakistan exports to Greece is around $90 million. This is trade volume. Majority is textile. You are not going to find lower price than Pakistan. Pakistani government doesn't even make that much money over it. Taxation problems etc. Not worth losing your underwear

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Territorial integrity lmao. How dare the tcs survive an ethnic cleanse and set up a border to protect themselves from being piled up dead in bathtubs.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 631
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Greece exports to Pakistan is around $29 million. Pakistan exports to Greece is around $90 million. This is trade volume. Majority is textile. You are not going to find lower price than Pakistan. Pakistani government doesn't even make that much money over it. Taxation problems etc. Not worth losing your underwear
According to 2020 data, Greece imports goods worth 73.3 million $ from Pakistan, while Pakistan imports goods worth 39.65 million $ from Greece.
The fact that Greece imports more from Pakistan than Pakistan imports from Greece does not mean anything or negate what i write in my first comment! Pakistan made a very unfortunate and highly provocative diplomatic move with this statement.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 631
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Territorial integrity lmao. How dare the tcs survive an ethnic cleanse and set up a border to protect themselves from being piled up dead in bathtubs.
Massacres and looting in the northern & southern part of Cyprus have always taken place between Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots.
The essence is different. A state cannot officially say through one of its embassies (while it has not recognized the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus) that it is going to a country that is not recognized anywhere! Pakistan itself officially recognizes the northern part of Cyprus as the territorial integrity of the Republic of Cyprus! Since when has Pakistan changed its mind?

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to 2020 data, Greece imports goods worth 73.3 million $ from Pakistan, while Pakistan imports goods worth 39.65 million $ from Greece.
The fact that Greece imports more from Pakistan than Pakistan imports from Greece does not mean anything or negate what i write in my first comment! Pakistan made a very unfortunate and highly provocative diplomatic move with this statement.

What I am saying there is not much room for financial sanctions. I doubt Pakistani government able to make much money over the trade. Don't buy from Pakistan, some international company manufacturing there going to buy from them and sell it in Greece. Labor, product costs are too low.

Last edited:

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 631
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
What I am saying there is not much room for financial sanctions. I doubt Pakistani government able to make much money over the trade. Don't buy from Pakistan, some international company manufacturing there going to buy from them and sell it in Greece. Labor, product costs are too low.
I did not mention that Greece should do something on its own but with the contribution of the EU.
A serious and dignified government in Greece would do the following:
1) Freezing of remittances from Greece to Pakistan
2) Start of gradual deportation of illegal Pakistanis with illegal activities from Greece
3) Tightening relations with India

Last edited:

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I did not mention that Greece should do something on its own but with the contribution of the EU.
A serious and dignified government in Greece would do the following:
1) Freezing of remittances from Greece to Pakistan
2) Start of gradual deportation of illegal Pakistanis with illegal activities from Greece
3) Tightening relations with India
EU itself is fed up with Greeks' fuss.. They would not bother.. If Erdogan was not this much warmongering and constantly shouting them, they were slowly reducing the pressure and sanctions over TRNC.. But suddenly we become illegal and aggressor thanks to some populists.

Pakistan was the first country that recognized TRNC back in 1983, and even if they recall it after UN resolution our relations continued. We do have an representative office there and there are many Pakistanis living in TRNC, and many Pakistanis graduated from our Universities. It is just a naming that is absent, technically relations already exists. And Pakistan has no interest in South Cyprus or Greece so if they increase cooperation, it won't be surprising but I don't expect them to recognize us officially.. In fact... TRNC is a observer state of OIC as Turkish Cypriot State (as it is written in Annan Plan) and already have relations with all OIC countries so nobody cares Greeks' fuss.

Recently I also see EU is increasing its efforts afraiding to lose TRNC completely to Turkey, they see how Turkey is intervening and trying to destroy / replace institutiıons in the North.. They didn't officially recognized or accepted TRNC but they were accepting the fact that it is more than a puppet state at least or a puppet state is still better than annexation. Even if it is not accepted on paper this land is perceived as European territory and EU citizens living over it, and eventually a peace will reunite the island.. However things are changing, especially after covid destroyed economy and Tatar won the elections.

Recently, some former Turkish Cypriot officials working in president's office and some opposition leaders detained in Turkey, and rejected to enter Turkey as they are flagged threat to national security!! This is a hot headline in North Cyprus, who the fuck are you to consider my opposition as security threat? 50% of Turkish Cypriots? Turkey is becoming a threat for Turkish Cypriots so best option for Greeks is also let TRNC to become a state if they don't want Erdogan to be their neighbour :)Islamists are trying to destroy TRNC day by day but we will defend our republic against any threat :p

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,091
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
O
EU itself is fed up with Greeks' fuss.. They would not bother.. If Erdogan was not this much warmongering and constantly shouting them, they were slowly reducing the pressure and sanctions over TRNC.. But suddenly we become illegal and aggressor thanks to some populists.

Pakistan was the first country that recognized TRNC back in 1983, and even if they recall it after UN resolution our relations continued. We do have an representative office there and there are many Pakistanis living in TRNC, and many Pakistanis graduated from our Universities. It is just a naming that is absent, technically relations already exists. And Pakistan has no interest in South Cyprus or Greece so if they increase cooperation, it won't be surprising but I don't expect them to recognize us officially.. In fact... TRNC is a observer state of OIC as Turkish Cypriot State (as it is written in Annan Plan) and already have relations with all OIC countries so nobody cares Greeks' fuss.

Recently I also see EU is increasing its efforts afraiding to lose TRNC completely to Turkey, they see how Turkey is intervening and trying to destroy / replace institutiıons in the North.. They didn't officially recognized or accepted TRNC but they were accepting the fact that it is more than a puppet state at least or a puppet state is still better than annexation. Even if it is not accepted on paper this land is perceived as European territory and EU citizens living over it, and eventually a peace will reunite the island.. However things are changing, especially after covid destroyed economy and Tatar won the elections.

Recently, some former Turkish Cypriot officials working in president's office and some opposition leaders detained in Turkey, and rejected to enter Turkey as they are flagged threat to national security!! This is a hot headline in North Cyprus, who the fuck are you to consider my opposition as security threat? 50% of Turkish Cypriots? Turkey is becoming a threat for Turkish Cypriots so best option for Greeks is also let TRNC to become a state if they don't want Erdogan to be their neighbour :)) Islamists are trying to destroy TRNC day by day but we will defend our republic against any threat :p

Lol accusing us of warmongering remember if we did not go to war who would have saved you're asses from complete annilation.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
O

Lol accusing use of warmongering remember if we did not go to war who would have saved you're asses from complete annilation.
Yea.. right everything is same like 50 years ago, in every conversation only argument you are bringing in is just we saved you 50 years ago.. I am talking about today's things.. opening up Varosha and bragging about a thing that would cause problems, even if I explain you would not understand so I would not waste my time explaining why shouting of your president affect TRNC, or how his attitude against Israel, Egypt, Europe destroyed all our efforts here.. Even if a state wants to threaten some others, it won't do in front of cameras.. it is just pure worthless populism that destroys all diplomatic efforts and relations leaving us alone.. yeah you helped us and still helping, thanks ; )

Last edited:

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
O

Lol accusing us of warmongering remember if we did not go to war who would have saved you're asses from complete annilation.
>Get genocided by co-islanders
>Get saved by bros from the mainland
>50 years later: 'If it weren't for you we would be EU now!'

The Greek and Turkish-Cypriot reactions in this thread makes me conclude that they deserve each other :LOL:

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,975
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Recently, some former Turkish Cypriot officials working in president's office and some opposition leaders detained in Turkey, and rejected to enter Turkey as they are flagged threat to national security!! This is a hot headline in North Cyprus, who the fuck are you to consider my opposition as security threat? 50% of Turkish Cypriots? Turkey is becoming a threat for Turkish Cypriots so best option for Greeks is also let TRNC to become a state if they don't want Erdogan to be their neighbour :)) Islamists are trying to destroy TRNC day by day but we will defend our republic against any threat :p
You can't defend yourself against anything if there wasn't TSK in Cyprus.

And it's pretty cheap to accuse Turkey for all the named things above. Don't forget that Turkey is the only state that is recognizing you and defending your rights, neither will the EU ever recognize KKTC as a Independent state the sooner Cypriot Turks get that in their heads the better. :)

AKP will go someday, but i guess you people will continue talking that forever.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
You can't defend yourself against anything if there wasn't TSK in Cyprus.

And it's pretty cheap to accuse Turkey for all the named things above. Don't forget that Turkey is the only state that is recognizing you and defending your rights, neither will the EU ever recognize KKTC as a Independent state the sooner Cypriot Turks get that in their heads the better. :)

AKP will go someday, but i guess you people will continue talking that forever.
yea yea repeating same thing over and over again.. no reason to discuss it again. yea like Turkey has no interest in defending TRNC :)) like we are not paying back the favor or like Turkey has no interest on the resources around the island. It is pure brotherhood and we are not paying the price for 50 years, not intervened to our freedom, politics, lifestyle, not tried to be assimilated, not being under pressure constantly, not dealing with corruption, mafia sourced from Turkey and our journalists not assassinated by Turkey to hide corruption etc. We are just complaining while constantly getting love from our brothers :)) Oh recently your president said he will give 2 billion TL aid to us (because lira become worthless and we can't print it) , we are so ungrateful that we complained because 1 billion of it opened as tenders in Turkey for the companies that are close to Erdogan and TRNC could not benefited from it :)) and the other half is given as debt to be used in corruption as well :)) to make us more dependent. This is best described in Turkish "Besle kargayı oysun gözünü" ... ungrateful Cypriots..

We formed state like institutions just after 1963, all we want is an independent state :)) not depended.. or not crippled intentionally. And after 60 years our institutions tried to be destroyed or conquered with love. It is very hard for people in Turkey to understand what Turkish Cypriots are experiencing :)) nothing happens overnight. Yea AKP will go someday but not the mindset.. some minds will remain after it, besides neither CHP or MHP is much more good than AKP. We are not like those minds and we don't want to be like them as well, why would we? Turkish Cypriots are one of the most secular and irreligious community in the Europe on contrary to Greek Cypriots (one of the most religious, racist) and Mainland Turks, Turkish Cypriots are less racist, more open minded, have very high literacy rate and we value freedom of speech very much, our small traditions and culture.. Not everything is security, not everything is about military which is also not absent! Turkish public is so much brainwashed by media, all world is trying to destroy us :)) Then why would you intervening internal affairs of Egypt, Israel, affairs of Arabs. So much unnecessary hostility created by Turkey than used to shape public, same goes with Turkish Cypriots, who the fuck are you to detain my people for just being opposition in TRNC? Why would I accept that :)) we will not accept it..

And.. we can survive without TSK.. we don't need it, just couple of F16s supporting us in case of war is enough but do TSK wants to lose Cyprus as a base in Southern Flank? or in East-Med? So there are more ways to ask a question, are you paying anything in return to have this valuable base in the middle of east med? No.. it is a mutual relationship which requires mutual respect, which is the core reason in this issue. Turkey had no rights or legitimacy in Cyprus until Turkish Cypriots fought and gained in 1960.. Thanks to struggle in 40s and 50s.. Turkey does not have a problem like Aegean, if we left the island you would have Greece as neighbour here. Just requesting some respect to our sovereignty.. nothing more

Last edited:

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,975
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
yea yea repeating same thing over and over again.. no reason to discuss it again. yea like Turkey has no interest in defending TRNC :)) like we are not paying back the favor or like Turkey has no interest on the resources around the island. It is pure brotherhood and we are not paying the price for 50 years, not intervened to our freedom, politics, lifestyle, not tried to be assimilated, not being under pressure constantly, not dealing with corruption, mafia sourced from Turkey and our journalists not assassinated by Turkey to hide corruption etc. We are just complaining while constantly getting love from our brothers :)) Oh recently your president said he will give 2 billion TL aid to us (because lira become worthless and we can't print it) , we are so ungrateful that we complained because 1 billion of it opened as tenders in Turkey for the companies that are close to Erdogan and TRNC could not benefited from it :)) and the other half is given as debt to be used in corruption as well :)) to make us more dependent. This is best described in Turkish "Besle kargayı oysun gözünü" ... ungrateful Cypriots..

We formed state like institutions just after 1963, all we want is an independent state :)) not depended.. or not crippled intentionally. And after 60 years our institutions tried to be destroyed or conquered with love. It is very hard for people in Turkey to understand what Turkish Cypriots are experiencing :)) nothing happens overnight. Yea AKP will go someday but not the mindset.. some minds will remain after it, besides neither CHP or MHP is much more good than AKP. We are not like those minds and we don't want to be like them as well, why would we? Turkish Cypriots are one of the most secular and irreligious community in the Europe on contrary to Greek Cypriots (one of the most religious, racist) and Mainland Turks, Turkish Cypriots are less racist, more open minded, have very high literacy rate and we value freedom of speech very much, our small traditions and culture.. Not everything is security, not everything is about military which is also not absent! Turkish public is so much brainwashed by media, all world is trying to destroy us :)) Then why would you intervening internal affairs of Egypt, Israel, affairs of Arabs. So much unnecessary hostility created by Turkey than used to shape public, same goes with Turkish Cypriots, who the fuck are you to detain my people for just being opposition in TRNC? Why would I accept that :)) we will not accept it..

And.. we can survive without TSK.. we don't need it, just couple of F16s supporting us in case of war is enough but do TSK wants to lose Cyprus as a base in Southern Flank? or in East-Med? So there are more ways to ask a question, are you paying anything in return to have this valuable base in the middle of east med? No.. it is a mutual relationship which requires mutual respect, which is the core reason in this issue. Turkey has not rights or legitimacy in Cyprus until Turkish Cypriots fought and gained in 1960.. Thanks to struggle in 40s and 50s.. Turkey does not have a problem like Aegean, if we left the island you would have Greece as neighbour here. Just requesting some respect to our sovereignty.. nothing more
OFC Turkey has interests both economic and geostrategic never claimed something different.

Again without Turkish support you can't defend yourself, your ammo, weapons, logitics and also the F-16's etc. all provided by TSK or do you see anyone beside Turkey selling weapons to KKTC? joint military exercises? There is a ceasefire and TSK presence is the only thing that guarantees that.

I don't know why you mentioned all the other stuff but i recommend you to check out my comments in the Turkish Politics thread about all the Political issues in Turkey, rather than accusing me with some bs which has no context with my comment above.
You're saying G.Cypriots and mainland Turks are racist and religious yet you could imagine a reunification with G.Cypriots while calling us a threat.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
OFC Turkey has interests both economic and geostrategic never claimed something different.

Again without Turkish support you can't defend yourself, your ammo, weapons, logitics etc. all provided by TSK or do you see anyone beside Turkey selling weapons to KKTC? joint military exercises? There is a ceasefire and TSK presence is the only thing that guarantees that.

I don't know why you mentioned all the other stuff but i recommend you to check out my comments in the Turkish Politics thread about all the Political issues in Turkey, rather than accusing me with some bs which has no context with my comment above.
You're saying G.Cypriots and mainland Turks are racist and religious yet you could imagine a reunification with G.Cypriots while calling us a threat.
Okay, thanks

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Again without Turkish support you can't defend yourself, your ammo, weapons, logitics and also the F-16's etc. all provided by TSK or do you see anyone beside Turkey selling weapons to KKTC? joint military exercises? There is a ceasefire and TSK presence is the only thing that guarantees that.

Side note: I don't want to unite with anyone :) .

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,975
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Side note: I don't want to unite with anyone :) .
Never claimed that you want it, just that you could imagine a reunification. :)

Even if it is not accepted on paper this land is perceived as European territory and EU citizens living over it, and eventually a peace will reunite the island.. However things are changing, especially after covid destroyed economy and Tatar won the elections.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom