Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
But revoking the pasport means that KKTC has a chance to be accepted using KKTC pasport for travels right. Tatar in an office recognized by UN having his pasport revoked means that either all have to go to him or UN will have to accept travels using KKTC own pasport.
Oh I think you misunderstood the article, they revoked passports only for Tatar and his crew.. meaning just 5-10 ministers and officials, not whole population. They did it as a retaliation for Varosha decision. UN won't ever accept our passports even if they revoke for all citizens (sometimes even Turkey won't accept or create problems, airlines don't allow you to travel out of Turkey with TRNC passport) and basically they can't do that, otherwise they would face with many ECHR cases, piss off EU.

Last edited:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I find monuments to people to be cringe, personally. One aspect of Turkic culture I don't really like is that we venerate ordinary people too much, some of which, quite frankly don't deserve it whatsoever. Even the Ataturk cult of personality was something Mustafa Kemal quite disliked and started mostly with Adnan Menderes.

Loyalty should be to a nation and its people - eternal and undying symbols. If you are religious, to God. Man is temporary and if he is to be remembered, it will be by his deeds and his character, not by how many monuments are built to his name.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
To be honest, I don't see what is the problem here. Just some dogs? They can do that anywhere. Before it was worse, now he has a mausoleum at least. You mean there should be a soldier there? 24/7..

I would give an extra info about background of this situation. Our founding leader Dr. Kucuk and other important figures / ministers etc buried in a special state cemetery called Anıt Tepe, it is a small hill next to Lefkosa (capital) and at the top of the hill Dr. Kucuk have a mausoleum like Ataturk have (but much smaller). I don't know if it is his will or not but when Mr. Denktash died, his family rejected the offer that him to be buried in Anıt Tepe next to Dr. Kucuk. Many think the reason behind this is he / they don't wanted him to be overshadowed by Dr. Kucuk. During special days officials visit Anıt Tepe, now they have to visit another mausoleum in the city center. They buried him in a city park next to main road. For years it was a small place without proper mausoleum, recently this building finished. It is an extra expense for the state to maintain this while there is one another place too, so I don't think there is a worker/ soldier / security watching it 24/7. (the other one might not have too.) Also I don't think this is funded by state as well.

Probably municipality is doing cleaning etc. Apart from that may be they can put a conscript there.

Anıt Tepe.
View attachment 29833
View attachment 29834
I was wondering why it became like that. It's really stupid to have several mausoleums tbh. I think it would have been fitting that the founders were buried in same area to make it more memorable.
I find monuments to people to be cringe, personally. One aspect of Turkic culture I don't really like is that we venerate ordinary people too much, some of which, quite frankly don't deserve it whatsoever. Even the Ataturk cult of personality was something Mustafa Kemal quite disliked and started mostly with Adnan Menderes.

Loyalty should be to a nation and its people - eternal and undying symbols. If you are religious, to God. Man is temporary and if he is to be remembered, it will be by his deeds and his character, not by how many monuments are built to his name.
There may be people who worship Atatürk, but statues and Mausoleums are there to keep reminding us of the accomplishment, but also what we had to break free from/where we came from.

You can find many who praise Ottomans, but they forget to mention the decline an retreat that lasted over 300 years until it collapsed.

Just look at Turkey now, look at how quick the religious are trying to wipe out Atatürk from different stations, emblems, medals etc.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,965
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was wondering why it became like that. It's really stupid to have several mausoleums tbh. I think it would have been fitting that the founders were buried in same area to make it more memorable.

There may be people who worship Atatürk, but statues and Mausoleums are there to keep reminding us of the accomplishment, but also what we had to break free from/where we came from.

You can find many who praise Ottomans, but they forget to mention the decline an retreat that lasted over 300 years until it collapsed.

Just look at Turkey now, look at how quick the religious are trying to wipe out Atatürk from different stations, emblems, medals etc.

Same with every other empire nobody talks about their decline and their collapse.

200 years of decline does not change the fact that the Ottomans were a great empire.

Roman Empire had a much more longer lasting decline which was even more painful.

Golden age or the Peak of an Empire is talked the most due to historians covering it more rather the decline or the collapse. Only until today historians have taken it up before it was usually myths or scapegoats.

Like all Empires you reach a peak then you fall.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Akca said , “Our President, Mr. We have learned that the Security Forces Command is ready to undertake the maintenance and security of the place, with Ersin Tatar's initiatives and our work. In this context, there are duties that fall on the government and our Parliament. It is essential in the current process that the missing laws can be corrected by decrees with the force of law in the Parliament without wasting any time, and their sustainability will be paved. It is our duty to complete the deficiencies of the Mausoleum at the earliest in a manner worthy of our Founding President. " said.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,965
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Humans take it too far with the whole the figure worshipping.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

1630323892000.png

Oh god, oil spill from Syria heading towards Karpaz and Mağusa.

If possible, retweet to alert the authorities.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
How the hell did that much oil even spill outta there? How much stuff are they digging out of the ground over there?

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
One of the most beautiful beach in Mediterranean, a heaven is about to be ruined by this shit! and Syria didn't even warned US, we just found out it by Satellite images published by some companies / portals.

One of the most iconic and picturesque natural manument in the region and cover picture of TRNC ( on the edge of Karpas peninsula) directly waiting that syrian shit. I am full of anger atm. We need help of International community, Turkey is sending 3 ships and professionals to protect this beauty but it might be too late.

1630362873124.png

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
One of the most beautiful beach in Mediterranean, a heaven is about to be ruined by this shit! and Syria didn't even warned US, we just found out it by Satellite images published by some companies / portals.

One of the most iconic and picturesque natural manument in the region and cover picture of TRNC ( on the edge of Karpas peninsula) directly waiting that syrian shit. I am full of anger atm. We need help of International community, Turkey is sending 3 ships and professionals to protect this beauty but it might be too late.

View attachment 29898
Do you happen to have a source for the said Turkish assistance? Other than a couple twitter accounts , It seems like no one seems to care.......

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Attachments

• Spill2.png
    Spill2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 58

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
They look very good trained and equipped. Turkey must push the game further considering better training and equipment for the TRNC SOF brothers.
TC's have always been better fighter than GC's, historical evidence prove that... don't believe shitty TRT series, always outnumbered outgunned but never defeated. It is a reality today as well, GC army is always less disciplined. Of course I don't know current situation may be recently they started taking things seriously..

Additional info: Turkey does not have any special forces in the island but have a commando brigade (blue berets), Turkish Cypriot SFC has multiple special forces and commandos separately.

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
79 16,382
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
From what i saw was that all TRC SF's have good modern equipment...

TRNC Special Forces Command
View attachment 30854

TRNC CSAR
View attachment 30852

TRNC SAS/Navy EOD
View attachment 30853
No, they are absolutely not bad. I would like to see more thermal sights and quality NVGs for them. By saying this I mean we should constantly improve them as we do in Azerbaijan because the other side is not sleeping. The South Cyprus SOF also came a long way and are constantly improving. We should keep the upper hand on the SOF matters and not only by a margin.

M

Manomed

No, they are absolutely not bad. I would like to see more thermal sights and quality NVGs for them. By saying this I mean we should constantly improve them as we do in Azerbaijan because the other side is not sleeping. The South Cyprus SOF also came a long way and are constantly improving. We should keep the upper hand on the SOF matters and not only by a margin.
They don't wear those bulky stuff during parades same here in operations they wear battle belts nods and other equipment

M

Manomed

Where do you read this bs? :LOL: Have you asked the Cypriots if they want a union with Greece? I have to inform you that we don't have any imperialistic aspirations in the region like the wannabe sultan!
Sultan? We don't have anything like megali idea in our constituion

Top Bottom