Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As I said above, ask your Turkish pilot. 'Why does our country use LINK-16?' 'Isn't it scary that evil America can control us? .....'
We have a domestic tactical data connection network developed by Milsoft, its name is Link-M.

The company also acts as a subcontractor in the Kement Project, which is developed for smart munitions, cruise missiles and air platforms and provides an important infrastructure for networked operations.

Having localized NATO standard tactical data link systems (Link-11, Link-16 and Link-22) supplied from abroad in 2009, MilSOFT also succeeded in developing a processor that extends the reach of the link. These tactical data links and software that increase the range are still used by NATO.

urban mine

Committed member
Reactions
10 419
Nation of residence
South Korea
Nation of origin
South Korea
We have a domestic tactical data connection network developed by Milsoft, its name is Link-M.

The company also acts as a subcontractor in the Kement Project, which is developed for smart munitions, cruise missiles and air platforms and provides an important infrastructure for networked operations.

Having localized NATO standard tactical data link systems (Link-11, Link-16 and Link-22) supplied from abroad in 2009, MilSOFT also succeeded in developing a processor that extends the reach of the link. These tactical data links and software that increase the range are still used by NATO.
? I know your country is developing its own data link system. We develop our own data link system so that all can be compatible based on LINK-16.
However, LINK-M is not the only one that excludes LINK-16. Are you guys doing that? Isn't it the same that we are receiving encryption keys for ease of joint operations with NATO? So far, the argument made by the Azerbaijani, who has an F-35 complex with a Chinese article saying, "The F-35 cannot turn on the engine without the encryption key of LINK-16," is so absurd, and I wonder what you think.

Chocopie

Contributor
South Korea Correspondent
Reactions
33 1,924
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
The reason the Germans bought the F35 is not because they like the plane so much.

Like the joint nuclear bombs that are said to be in our incirlik, they also had nuclear bombs in a base with the United States. They will get a limited number of f 35s just for dropping these bombs.

There were also f18 grovler purchase stories. I don't know what the result was.
30 F-35A for over 10 billion € are not a „limited number“.

F/A-18s can‘t drop or aren‘t certified for B61 tactical nuclear gravity bombs yet, especially the newest variant B61-12 LEP:
https://fas.org/blogs/security/2021/12/fa-18_removed-from-fact-sheet/

urban mine

Committed member
Reactions
10 419
Nation of residence
South Korea
Nation of origin
South Korea

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The reason the Germans bought the F35 is not because they like the plane so much.
So you would have no objections if Greeks bought a few squadrons of F35, right? Such a troublesome aircraft, they'd cause no headache for us?

Chocopie

Contributor
Reactions
33 1,924
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
Maybe he wanted to talk about the Electronic-warfare aircraft business. It competes with Eurofighters EW. But I can't rule out the possibility that he said that because he didn't know anything.
Judging by his comments, I‘m not sure if he knows the difference between a Super Hornet and a Growler 🤷‍♂️

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
? I know your country is developing its own data link system. We develop our own data link system so that all can be compatible based on LINK-16.
However, LINK-M is not the only one that excludes LINK-16. Are you guys doing that? Isn't it the same that we are receiving encryption keys for ease of joint operations with NATO? So far, the argument made by the Azerbaijani, who has an F-35 complex with a Chinese article saying, "The F-35 cannot turn on the engine without the encryption key of LINK-16," is so absurd, and I wonder what you think.
I don't want to get into this discussion, find it unnecessary. This issue will become clear when there is an f35 user country that has conflicting interests with the USA. I don't think there will be such a country though.

urban mine

Committed member
Reactions
10 419
Nation of residence
South Korea
Nation of origin
South Korea
I don't want to get into this discussion, find it unnecessary. This issue will become clear when there is an f35 user country that has conflicting interests with the USA. I don't think there will be such a country though.
You seem like a wise man. Ha ha.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea

A South Korean military blogger visited the South Korean Air Force and interviewed pilots and soldiers who had F-35 experience.

"F-35'S UNDER THE STRONG CONTROL OF THE USA"

The pilots, who shared striking information with the blogger, said that the F-35 warplanes, whose independence was questioned, are under the tight control of the USA.

“WE HAVE TO EXPECT THE PASSWORD TO SEND EVERY DAY”

South Korean F-35 pilots, who stated that they could use warplanes with the password coming from the USA, claimed that they had to wait for the passwords to be sent every day.

"WE CAN'T EVEN BOOT WITHOUT PASSWORD"

South Korean soldiers claimed that if the US Air Force did not send the LINK-16 data connection password, they could not boot even if the South Korean army was in combat conditions.

“OUR NATIONAL DEFENSE IS IN THE HANDS OF THE USA”

South Korean soldiers claiming that the F-35s are in the hands of the US "South Korea's national defense is in the hands of the US military because of the US high command. The US does not seem to treat this important ally like a human." he said.

Good thing we didn't buy this plane. It does more harm than good.

We were officially going to buy a plane to serve the USA with our own money.

(Copied from the other thread where I answer this cute little fella.)

I know which blog it is the article is mentioning. Said blog is ran by a team which also publishes a Korean military magazine called Defense Review. It's an unreliable media with lots of wrong claims in their articles. This particular article was met with a lot of criticism for the sheer amount of misinformation.

No, there were no Korean pilots or soldiers interviewed. No, the F-35 doesn't need any "codes" to boot or start up. What the magazine article/blog post mentioned was the code for Link 16 connection, which is updated every day. Publishing of Link 16 codes are controlled by the respective US commands in each theater around the globe and any of these "restrictions" the article is mentioning also applies to every allied forces that uses Link 16, including Türkiye.

So the Korean pilots were complaining for nothing or they were not complaining at all?
Completely groundless false news?

Now you'll know that it's as fake as it gets.

And we are to believe a military blogger that all these countries:

1470px-Confirmed_orders_to_purchase_the_F-35.svg.png

Gave away billions of € and their sovereignty to the US?
Except for just random bloggers, the only other post I found that mentions anything like it is this Quora post, which explains it and seems reasonable that passwords are required to start the aircraft.

When I buy a fcking laptop why does the person who sells it to me has his own password?

Everytime i want to use my laptop I have to call the person who sold it to me to unlock it. I bought this laptop and I fcking own it.

This is the logic of this plane.

As much as I love the F35 this is bullshit!!
By your analogy, F-35's more like a giant work station or a super computer than a laptop.

What makes you think the F-35 has a "backdoor"? There's no hard evidence about it, only conspiracy theory... As you say, aren't you afraid of stopping the supply of components to the F-16 because of the upcoming Syrian and Iraqi operations? What about the parts supply disruption to the E-737? Why the hell are they using American weapons? Why don't you know that stopping parts and diplomatic pressure are more effective than installing large-capacity software such as backdoor?
You're talking to a wall. Good that it seems like you've realized that.

My knowledge on this matter is different from what you expressed.
No, your knowledge on the matter is simply non-existent.

We ditched the F35 because we will have our own. Our own planes and our own sovereignty.
You've got the chronology laughably wrong. MMU became what it is today because Türkiye was kicked out of F-35, not vice versa.

You know, the biggest problem with high-frequency waves are not creating them, but the attenuation of the wave while travelling through a medium? There's a reason long range radars have lower frequencies. Same applies to sonars.

Why is this thread in "TR Air Force" section?
I wonder that too, but now it's devolved into "Ways to cope with Türkiye's expulsion from the F-35" or as you've described in another thread, "F-35 sour grapes" thread.

Yeah, good luck integrating Link-M with the Peace Eagle AEWC aircrafts of the THK. Like I've said, the US has means to cripple Turkish AF and Navy all together if they so wish. It's just that they're not doing so because they aren't that stupid. Even with all these tensions and frictions, Türkiye is still a major NATO ally. Also, it's simply funny reading all these "US bad, independence hoorah" posts here when MMU prototypes will be powered by F110 and Hürjets with F404.

Last edited:

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
10 milyar €'nun üzerindeki 30 adet F-35A "sınırlı sayıda" değildir.

F/A-18'ler, özellikle en yeni varyant B61-12 LEP olmak üzere B61 taktik nükleer yerçekimi bombaları için henüz sertifikalandırılmamış veya atılamaz:
https://fas.org/blogs/security/2021/12/fa-18_removed-from-fact-sheet/
Defense sites wrote that the Germans would buy their F 18 growler aircraft to suppress enemy air defenses.

In my opinion, 30 planes is a bit of a limited number compared to countries that buy 100 planes. Of course, they can achieve their goals with 30 aircraft at low combat readiness level without paying much for the f35's logistics support system.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
That‘s breaking news: could you name those countries and back it up with credible sources?
First of all, your country is south korea? Japan is the most interesting one, USA. After the F 35 was commissioned, they sought a twin-engine fighter aircraft with high air-to-air capability. Korea and Japan turned to a solution with domestic aircraft. USA went to mods like f 15 ex.

I can't find the resources I read 3-5 years ago now. Or usa senate armed forces inspection meeting minutes etc.

Last edited:

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
What the hell, don't they have a EF variant for that in the works? Why are they buying Growlers?
He is wrong. Plans to buy Growlers are scrapped. Like you've said, they are working on a Eurofighter-based EA variant called the EK (Elektronischer Kampf). Then again, that plan is being considered to be scrapped in favor of more F-35s, since the F-35 is also a very potent SEAD aircraft.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,381
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
He is wrong. Plans to buy Growlers are scrapped. Like you've said, they are working on a Eurofighter-based EA variant called the EK (Elektronischer Kampf). Then again, that plan is being considered to be scrapped in favor of more F-35s, since the F-35 is also a very potent SEAD aircraft.
I dont think it was scrapped.
and f35 is not a dedicated SEAD platform.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
I dont think it was scrapped.
and f35 is not a dedicated SEAD platform.
Yes, it is scrapped ever since the Germans reconsidered buying the Super Hornets in favor of the F-35s. Now they want to make the most out of project Quadriga and the purchase of F-35s. Also, tell that to Luftwaffe, not me. What they are replacing are those Tornado ECRs which could definitely be replaced with F-35s.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,381
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Yes, it is scrapped ever since the Germans reconsidered buying the Super Hornets in favor of the F-35s. Now they want to make the most out of project Quadriga and the purchase of F-35s. Also, tell that to Luftwaffe, not me. What they are replacing are those Tornado ECRs which could definitely be replaced with F-35s.

I was talking about EF EK.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
I was talking about EF EK.
Yeah, I've said Growler purchase plans were scrapped in favor of EF EK. You said that you "don't think it was scrapped", so I gave you the recent developments from this month. What's the matter?

Chocopie

Contributor
Reactions
33 1,924
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
First of all, your country is south korea? Japan is the most interesting one, USA. After the F 35 was commissioned, they sought a twin-engine fighter aircraft with high air-to-air capability. Korea and Japan turned to a solution with domestic aircraft. USA went to mods like f 15 ex.

I can't find the resources I read 3-5 years ago now. Or usa senate armed forces inspection meeting minutes etc.
You said: „But most of the countries that bought the f35 are in search of new ones.“

Japan is developing a 6th gen fighter planned for 2035-2040s. South Korea is testing KF-21 as replacement for old F-5s and F-4s starting from 2026 (if nothing goes wrong).

So, which countries are in search for new ones? You can‘t name one cause there‘re none.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom