Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Cost-effective, very successful trainer jet. It uses the same engine. Available research they can use. I would probably retrofit L39, just for unmanned jet research, developing subsystems, AI and such.

I guess Baykar gave subliminal message about MIUS design before

1.jpg
2.png

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,312
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The contract with Poland is very big, they will use it like our navy is using it with SAR radar. The contract is something between 300 and 400 million dollars.

According to the Polish Defence Minister, the TB2 deal includes:

Mobile control stations, SAR radars, and simulators
Spare parts
Laser-guided missiles
Training and logistics
ToT in some items

First system to be delivered in 2022, and deliveries are to be completed by the end of 2024.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Oublious
First translation on the house.
Please provide English translations to your posts from now on. We can't exclude non-Turkish speakers.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to the Polish Defence Minister, the TB2 deal includes:

Mobile control stations, SAR radars, and simulators
Spare parts
Laser-guided missiles
Training and logistics
ToT in some items

First system to be delivered in 2022, and deliveries are to be completed by the end of 2024.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Oublious
First translation on the house.
Please provide English translations to your posts from now on. We can't exclude non-Turkish speakers.

Selling to Poland can open way to selling to other European countries. First country that come to my mind is Spain.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,362
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Selling to Poland can open way to selling to other European countries. First country that come to my mind is Spain.

No they have purchased MQ9, one of the countries who maybe will purchase TB2 is Uk or Germany. I could not find a reliable sources, but ther is other EU countries who are talking with SSB.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
MIUS is a stealth deep strike subsonic aircraft with an MTOW of around 4 tonnes. The unmanned fighter project is a completely different project. It is a fighter-sized aircraft. I expect it to be similar to Hürjet in size but have more payload capacity due to the removal of the cockpit and other hardware related to manned aircraft.

UK is interested in TB2. Spain might buy TB3 for their Juan Carlos class LHDs. Hungary, Serbia, and Bulgaria are also interested. Albania might be willing to get Turkish UAVs as military and political ties are very close. If Somalia can afford it they might get TB2s. In central Asia, Kazakstan is looking for UAVs and shows interest in Turkish UAVs. In southeast Asia Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia are interested in Turkish UAVs. Pakistan at some point might jump on the wagon too.

Last edited:

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
@TheInsider Any info on the contra-rotating propeller at Baykar?

View attachment 21620
From Wikipedia
"Contra-rotating propellers have been found to be between 6% and 16% more efficient than normal propellers"
"added weight of this gearing that makes the aircraft heavier, thus some performance is sacrificed to carry it"

So, I assume that they are experimenting with extended flight time, increased payload, higher altitude for the same engine or better flight characteristics (since the propeller torque is cancelled) .

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,824
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder why UK would be interested in TB2, unless it is for training and familiarizing your armed forces with usage of UCAV.

UK is an island far away from ME, RU etc. and whilst they may use TB2 for monitoring the strait I think the range is not enough to cover much distance.

Norway, Sweden and Finland as customers would make more sense, along with E.european countries. Malta, Italy (?).

TSK can just deploy 6 TB2 in Somalia to protect our interests. But perhaps we're keeping them out from there on purpose.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder why UK would be interested in TB2, unless it is for training and familiarizing your armed forces with usage of UCAV.

UK is an island far away from ME, RU etc. and whilst they may use TB2 for monitoring the strait I think the range is not enough to cover much distance.

Norway, Sweden and Finland as customers would make more sense, along with E.european countries. Malta, Italy (?).

TSK can just deploy 6 TB2 in Somalia to protect our interests. But perhaps we're keeping them out from there on purpose.
UK has bases in many places and Bayraktar can give affordable access to such technology, very conveniently.
27 hrs of flight time at 27000 ft altitude with abundant spare parts and with impeccable track record. It would be dumb to be left out of the fun.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,824
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
UK has bases in many places and Bayraktar can give affordable access to such technology, very conveniently.
27 hrs of flight time at 27000 ft altitude with abundant spare parts and with impeccable track record. It would be dumb to be left out of the fun.
Surely usage of TB2 elsewhere/outside UK would depend on Turkey's permission ?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,824
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think, potential buyers'll be serbia and kazakhstan in the short term.
I also read that Kazakhstan is interested in Bayraktar TB3. But I haven't heard much else since dec 2020.

They're testing their Shagala.

Latest news may 2021.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,738
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think potential buyers of armed UAVs are Hungary, Kazakhstan and probably Somalia if they can afford it. I don't think Turkey will sell armed UAVs to Bulgaria, Serbia, Albania or Macedonia because of political reasons. For countries like these it is a force multiplier and there should be some kind of balance on the Balkans.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom